Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 News?

According the official announcement we should get detailed info about F1 2015 at F1 2014 release date. Any update on that?

Thanks

Haluk

Nowhere was it said to be at the F1 2014 release date. And it's confirmed to not be this month either.

No they said they wouldnt release info before the F1 2014 release. But I don't think we have to expect anything before november/december actually ;-)

Here is the announcement. Should we not expect some info based on this?

We’re incredibly excited about new-gen F1 and we know you are too. We’re not yet ready to reveal everything about it yet, but we’ll have a lot more info to share once F1 2014 launches this October.<

Does anyone have a clue when 2015 will be released? Spring? Summer?
There's no info on this yet but my guess is probably around the mid season break. I know some people here believe that the game will release early in the season but I personally don't see it happening seems like too short a turnaround to me.

Does anyone have a clue when 2015 will be released? Spring? Summer?
There's no info on this yet but my guess is probably around the mid season break. I know some people here believe that the game will release early in the season but I personally don't see it happening seems like too short a turnaround to me.
Too short a turn around? They have been working on the xbox one & ps4 version since september/october 2013. Or atleast thats when they were making the new engine so if released in spring 2015 it would of been in development for 18 months or even longer. 

Or atleast thats when they were making the new engine so if released in spring 2015 it would of been in development for 18 months or even longer. 
The engine and game mecahnics should certainly be well advanced by now you would hope. But they won’t be able to model the 2015 cars until early next year, and they won’t know how they’re going to perform relative to each other until a few races in. Of course they can adjust some of that with their promised regular intra-season updates, but presumably they’ll want to launch (and indeed make their preview videos) with something at least vaguely approaching an accurate rendition of the 2015 cars.

Or atleast thats when they were making the new engine so if released in spring 2015 it would of been in development for 18 months or even longer. 
The engine and game mecahnics should certainly be well advanced by now you would hope. But they won’t be able to model the 2015 cars until early next year, and they won’t know how they’re going to perform relative to each other until a few races in. Of course they can adjust some of that with their promised regular intra-season updates, but presumably they’ll want to launch (and indeed make their preview videos) with something at least vaguely approaching an accurate rendition of the 2015 cars.
Exactly they may show us what it looks like using 2014 cars and data to whet our appetite like they did when they first put 2010 together as I remember they showed some clips using 2009 cars on the engine. But they'll want to wait until they've seen the 2015 cars  and seen how they perform before applying those to the new engine.