Sign in to follow this  

@ Loore Why Is Touring Cars Discipline Capped At Level 99??

They could've at least made it 100. That way, you're not stuck with a max global level of 495. I'm not even close to that, though. My highest level is only 63.

Well I don't see the point in having online levels if there going to be capped cause sooner or later your going to get a lobby full of players on level 99, why not just let the level be a lot higher

Well I don't see the point in having online levels if there going to be capped cause sooner or later your going to get a lobby full of players on level 99, why not just let the level be a lot higher

i agree, its just a number, might as well leave it running to infinity (and beyond) :-)
Is there actually any benefit for hitting a ceiling number of 99?

Is a technical issue more than anything. Once we start going into three figures we'd soon see it effect the UI in certain parts of the game and start breaking things, from there where would we stop? 999? 9999?

For now you can be proud you've hit level 99 in Touring, a fine accomplishment :) 

But surely codemasters can lift this limit if they really wanted to some people care about there ranks in the games and if you end up with a room full of level 99 they wont know how far infront or behind other players unless they have access to internet which some people don't

Might be of topic wears my rear view mirror patch on ps3
There won't be one sorry, this is down to technical limitations and why we can only do it on PC at this time.

It would have been cool to see the overall level show up on the lobby screens and then either a / or decimal. For example I am at like 129.60 in Touring and 129.30 in Street. Meaning that my overall level is 129 and 60 in Touring. Or just use 129/60. Put the overall level in white and the Touring level in blue. 

This might cause confusion but, it still causes confusion when say someone like me is barely at level 20 in Street but still at overall level 129 so on the main screen I can show ahead of somebody that is level 30 in Street but say level 50 overall. It always causes confusion by people who do not understand what it all means.

If we can be proud that we show up as lvl 99 in a given discipline. Why can't we be proud of our overall level. Even if you look at another players stats you cannot tell what their overall level is.

Yes I agree FOSTBITTEN but if you reach level 99 in any discipline you wont be able to go up another level overall unless you go into another discipline

Oh wow I did not think about that!!! Even in that end of race screen when you get xp towards your discipline, it shows nothing about your overall level. So when you do level up overall and you unlock something like sponsors or garage space you have no idea when or why you received those unlocks. Again confusing.

Your overall level only goes up when s discipline level increases. There is no global level experience, it's solely based on the total of your five disciplines combined. That's why when you first went online, your global level stated at five instead of one.

legalbadboy1977 said:

Yes I agree FOSTBITTEN but if you reach level 99 in any discipline you wont be able to go up another level overall unless you go into another discipline

Wow, imagine that. Leaving the comfort of a touring car to drive in another class. Whatever will you do?