Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting read

mceci1 said:
FRACTURED said:
Communication is nice. Maybe an explanation as to what infractions there were that led to the closing of a discussion thread in "General Discussion" of their forums.
No moderators around to police it, we got passionate and they couldn't handle it
Passionate?  I thought it was all a bit juvenile (hence my "you all smell of wee" quip).

I don't know or care how old anyone here is, but from previous forum experience, threads like that only ever spiral out of control so it's better that it's locked before somebody goes too far and ends up banned.

FRACTURED said:
Put the correct Vettel gloves in an RNG Lootbox and they'll make a fortune... 
that's of course if codies can make the correct vettel gloves
Didn't you hear?

The gloves are coming as DLC.

Along with Bottas lucky red underpants and Bernie Eccelstones spare reading glasses.

It will cost £24.99 and should be out when Codemasters need a bit more cash.

Why are people joking here about Vettel's gloves? It's not Codies' fault Ferrari is a jerk.
https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/918844169430368257

@UP100

What does that even mean mate?

This post by Mr. Lee Mathers is as "specific" and valuable as me randomly singing that water is wet, air is dry, fire is hot etc. in a theatrical manner out of nowhere.

Who didn't give the go ahead??  

The evil FOM (that apparently always live up to sabotaging Codies efforts), Ferrari (that apparently always make a big fuss out of everything) or the very own leadership / financial department of Codemasters (who possibly thought that such a "cosmetic update" isn't necessary and would only cost a lot of their precious money for no reason)???

No "specific" explanation whatsoever as usual.

Mr. Lee Mathers "Tweet" could mean anything, yet people hop on the bandwagon of "THE EVIL FOM....." / "THE SNOBBY FERRARI REPRESENTATIVES....." whilst indirectly defending Codemasters without any evidence or inside knowledge, there are more angles to this discrepancy than one could assume especially as back in the days of the 90's / early 2000's, except for Tobacco sponsoring of course, there was almost no problem at all with sponsoring in general hence Codies 9 years of dismissing all the little details is just ridiculous.....

I just hope that some random "whistleblower" will, sooner or later, spread the truth!

"Weren't given the go ahead" is quite vague.

"Weren't given the go ahead" doesn't necessarily mean it was specifically denied by FOM. It could mean it simply wasn't expressly approved, which could mean that no response was ever issued, which could mean the offer either didn't get to the correct decision-making authority, or the offer wasn't prioritized at the time & was simply forgotten later with no follow-up.

"Weren't given the go ahead" also doesn't specify from whom. It could mean internal management didn't give the go ahead, or some gate-keeper, or some third-party, or the glove's brand/maker, or anybody in the chain.