Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On Multiplayer

Lopensky said:
I suspected they were trolling us, now I'm sure.

After months of silence, without any decent comment on the tons of bugs of this game ... Without ever expressed at least the awareness of having proposed an unworthy online ... Now they even do us a lesson on how the online game works?!?

And what should we do with this info?!?

We in our championships are all Italians and we are in Italy, we certainly do not have the problem of having people from Australia with a ridiculus ping!

The problems of this game are NOT related to the poor connections of the players, I do not accept that Codemasters discharge the responsibilities for their bugs on us. Besides being ridiculous, they also pretend to come out clean from this mess.

This game is an insult and their behavior is offensive to the whole community that is supporting them. Since too long already.

Hi @Lopensky, as in the original post, we know some are experiencing issues with multiplayer. Our original post contains things you can do in order to make your experience the best it can be. As we also said in our original post: we are always looking at ways to do better.

We're in the process of putting together our plans to bring our testing processes forward for the next projects, this is something we're still very much doing. In the meantime, we very much want to hear and collect as much information as possible about the issues you're still experiencing.
And thus it is confirmed this year's game is no longer being looked at for fixes - well online that is!

2018s advertising selling point, last year with updated cars and it works.

They will happily take your £50/€65 again.

Clearly not wanting to fix this game since they have our cash, shameful really and the we are looking at ways to improve this nonsense is a kick in the face to anyone that bought 2017.

I remember when we had hope  B)

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/33962/f1-2015-and-beyond/p1

My plan with 2018s year's game, and I think a lot of others too, is to see how it turns out. Those who do buy it will hopefully tell us if it's actually working and functional, or if it's infested with glitches. Upon that, I will base my decision on if I buy the game or not.

Yeah. The only reason I bought 2017 on day one this year is because Feral did a stellar job of having the Mac version ready on Steam alongside the PC release (for the first time, it usually trails by a few months), and this was also the first year the Mac version supported my wheel. I was more than happy to reward that endeavour, and I've had more good than bad experiences with it, but I'm still of a mind to wait and see next year.

Lopensky said:

After months of silence, without any decent comment on the tons of bugs of this game ... Without ever expressed at least the awareness of having proposed an unworthy online ... Now they even do us a lesson on how the online game works?!?

We in our championships are all Italians and we are in Italy, we certainly do not have the problem of having people from Australia with a ridiculus ping!

The problems of this game are NOT related to the poor connections of the players, I do not accept that Codemasters discharge the responsibilities for their bugs on us. Besides being ridiculous, they also pretend to come out clean from this mess.

This game is an insult and their behavior is offensive to the whole community that is supporting them. Since too long already.

Hi @Lopensky, as in the original post, we know some are experiencing issues with multiplayer. Our original post contains things you can do in order to make your experience the best it can be. As we also said in our original post: we are always looking at ways to do better.

We're in the process of putting together our plans to bring our testing processes forward for the next projects, this is something we're still very much doing. In the meantime, we very much want to hear and collect as much information as possible about the issues you're still experiencing.
Hi @jennyannem ,
first of all thanks for your answer.

I'm sorry to be so aggressive towards the codemasters, but I hope you understand that we players (especially those who organize or compete in multiplayer championships of a certain level) are definitely exasperated by the situation.

We all paid for your product, which did not meet our expectations unfortunately.

And to exacerbate everything, the corrections have been few and marginal. The Safety Car is a perfect example of the situation. A problem present from the beginning, reported in all ways and never really solved.

One thing you could certainly do to improve the situation, if not for this game (for which we no longer have hope) at least for the next, would be to prepare the right resources and skills to solve the bugs, taking advantage of the great feedback that your customers give you about it, even through this forum.

And please, give us information, answer our questions ... Talk to us!
No one better than customers know what customers want.

For the test of the multiplayer sector for example, it would be a good thing to open a direct channel with those organizing online championships of a certain level in order to have a useful feedback on what are the issues on which priority should be focused.

It would be a great thing and would allow us users to feel more part of the process of improving the game, and not just cows to be milked each year.

Lopensky said:

F1 2017 R.i.p.

It´s more than a shame. Online this game has more bugs than F1 2016.
And no words on a further patch.

If this is the end of support @jennyannem. A slap in the face for all people reporting problems in the technical assistance area and people beliving in the game to get better. Together should Codemaster and the Community stand.

With comments like this and a especially this communcating behavior ... you divide Community and Codemasters.

Sad day.

What about not hearing your own engine in multiplayer? Totally fucked up my league race...
Xbox one

JP072 said:
What about not hearing your own engine in multiplayer? Totally fucked up my league race...
Xbox one
Had that twice as well on PC. It is so annoying. I was only able to hear the whistle of the turbo.
It sounded as if i was driving a Formula E car.
It first happened after i enabled the beep sound for upshifts in the audio settings.
Not sure if that is a trigger for it.

JP072 said:
Xbox one
Had that twice as well on PC. It is so annoying. I was only able to hear the whistle of the turbo.
It first happened after i enabled the beep sound for upshifts in the audio settings.
No the beep settings have nothing to do with it.
i never changed that option.      

Is server hosting an option? Even as a 3rd party tool for PC users. I have 300mb connection, every time I host a game its perfect. I would be happy to see console hosting abilities too from PC.

JP072 said:
Xbox one
happens on ps4 sometimes . has to do with; oberver mode, and if other cars crash.. or if you going to menu during the race....  im not sure bit one of these 3 things

As far as i experienced that is a complete casual bug. It happens at race start, and only thing you ear is turbo's whistle.

In my experience this can be solved easily during the race. When it happens, press Options, go to the sound preferences and change some values. Save the canges aand go back to "pause" screen. At this point open again sound preferences and put all back up at the original state.

Usually when you go back in the race you would ear engine's sound. If not, repeat the procedure again and again etc.. 

Of course this IS a problem, but do not expect codies to take it seriously. :D

It's just a casual and "local" sound bug not related to other issues of the lobby.

Anyway it occurs more often in some circuits. :/

Please  somebody tell me how can i create PUBLIC session on multiplayer mode including rank level and reach to up 
On CUSTOM sessions mode in multiplayer only you can have comptation for championship like real world 

my mean is PUBLIC session only and not CUSTOM sessions 

Multiplayer ----> Custom session -----> Press Squar 

but i cant see PUBLIC mode ???? 

please help me 

My friend and I were trying to play online yesterday on PS4 to practice for our online championship.

I was the lobby host, invited him to play but he couldn't join the session, a pop up error appeared for him every time he tried to join. 

The message was something like: "error: failure to join the session"

Does anybody know the root cuase for this issue?

Is there any workaround to fix it ??

It was very disappointing not being able to play!!

@jennyannem

just bought the 2016 game limited edition for £10, first F1 game i bought since 2013. what i noticed was that nothings ever changed. The game is amateur to say the least, the car physics when talking about contact with other cars is funny as fook, the penalty system is insane, the corner cutting is outrageous. But the main thing that i find amusing is that you can use hacks/mods in official cosemasters lobbies, honestly you can hack this game using a notepad hahahaha what a joke. So i give multiplayer a miss and go onto time trial surely that will be a fair fight, i load up tt and select p1 (im pretty fast) 1st corner the dude cuts the whole corner at full blast, i say fook it whats the point and load up career and game crashes 15mins into fp1 so i say fook it im going back to multiplayer to troll the absolute fook out of all the hardcore code boys, i swear its the most fun ive had on an f1 game in years, if you treat the game like banger racing the fun returns, well for me anyway, oh and they cant kick or ban me cos im smarter than them. Its now officially my favourite banger racing game, good job codies you're the best.

V    <<<is me sticking my fingers up at codies o:)

just bought the 2016 game limited edition for £10, first F1 game i bought since 2013. what i noticed was that nothings ever changed. The game is amateur to say the least, the car physics when talking about contact with other cars is funny as fook, the penalty system is insane, the corner cutting is outrageous. But the main thing that i find amusing is that you can use hacks/mods in official cosemasters lobbies, honestly you can hack this game using a notepad hahahaha what a joke. So i give multiplayer a miss and go onto time trial surely that will be a fair fight, i load up tt and select p1 (im pretty fast) 1st corner the dude cuts the whole corner at full blast, i say fook it whats the point and load up career and game crashes 15mins into fp1 so i say fook it im going back to multiplayer to troll the absolute fook out of all the hardcore code boys, i swear its the most fun ive had on an f1 game in years, if you treat the game like banger racing the fun returns, well for me anyway, oh and they cant kick or ban me cos im smarter than them. Its now officially my favourite banger racing game, good job codies you're the best.

Good job, very mature. If you don't like the game, abandon it but don't go fooling around spoiling the fun of others.

Good job, very mature. If you don't like the game, abandon it but don't go fooling around spoiling the fun of others
 I dont like to waste money so when i feel i got my moneys worth i will abandon it, and move to 2017 to restart the whole process :)  seriously though do you know how much fun it is going into a public lobby and causing absolute chaos? i sleep well every night but not sure why

PS Prost was better.

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to all of you who’ve sent your feedback in to us with F1 2017. We’ve read and watched all of it, especially with your feedback on multiplayer - we know that some of you have spoken to us a lot about multiplayer, and we just wanted to talk a little bit about this. Behind the scenes we’re doing a lot of work in order to make the multiplayer experience better for you. With this is mind, one of the things you’ll notice us doing is bringing testing processes forward for our next projects, in order that we can take as much of your feedback on board. We’ll be keeping you posted on this, and you’ll be hearing more in the coming months.

As we’ve been looking at the issues you’ve been having, there are a few things we’ve noticed you can do in order to make your experience the best it can be, and explain some of what we’re showing you in game.

F1 2017’s multiplayer is peer-to-peer, and this is because having it peer-to-peer minimises the ping time, (a direct connection is faster than a message being passed via another machine), and it’s a low ping in particular that we’ve found gives you the best experience.  Playing in the same geographical location will really help keep your ping low - Australia is at least 300ms (1/3rd second) latent from the UK and there’s only so much we can do with your connection at that distance!

When you join a game, you’ll enter the lobby, and you’ll be shown the lobby connection bar – coloured in green, yellow and red. The lobby connection bar shows the worst state of three different measurements for each peer: ping time, bandwidth, as well as connectivity.  You’ll also notice that it takes a while before the bars start filling in, and this is because the connection is being measured in the lobby. If the game is started before this has begun, it’s then assumed that the bandwidth is low (256kbit), and you’ll usually get a warning about voice chat restriction. You’ll also notice that red connectivity bars might be displayed above some cars, these are displayed above a car that is more than 110ms (1/10th second) latent. If it’s constantly on, it’s a slow connection. If it’s flashing on and off, that means we’re getting very infrequent updates. You might also see a car with a red ‘X’ above it, this means that the car in question is getting data that’s more than 500ms (half a second) old, or not getting data at all.

Whilst the above will explain some what you’ve been experiencing with F1 2017, we are always looking at ways to do better.  As we alluded to earlier, we’re looking to share some news about testing in the coming months – so make sure you keep an eye out for sign-up details.

With that, we hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Jenny

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to all of you who’ve sent your feedback in to us with F1 2017. We’ve read and watched all of it, especially with your feedback on multiplayer - we know that some of you have spoken to us a lot about multiplayer, and we just wanted to talk a little bit about this. Behind the scenes we’re doing a lot of work in order to make the multiplayer experience better for you. With this is mind, one of the things you’ll notice us doing is bringing testing processes forward for our next projects, in order that we can take as much of your feedback on board. We’ll be keeping you posted on this, and you’ll be hearing more in the coming months.

As we’ve been looking at the issues you’ve been having, there are a few things we’ve noticed you can do in order to make your experience the best it can be, and explain some of what we’re showing you in game.

F1 2017’s multiplayer is peer-to-peer, and this is because having it peer-to-peer minimises the ping time, (a direct connection is faster than a message being passed via another machine), and it’s a low ping in particular that we’ve found gives you the best experience.  Playing in the same geographical location will really help keep your ping low - Australia is at least 300ms (1/3rd second) latent from the UK and there’s only so much we can do with your connection at that distance!

When you join a game, you’ll enter the lobby, and you’ll be shown the lobby connection bar – coloured in green, yellow and red. The lobby connection bar shows the worst state of three different measurements for each peer: ping time, bandwidth, as well as connectivity.  You’ll also notice that it takes a while before the bars start filling in, and this is because the connection is being measured in the lobby. If the game is started before this has begun, it’s then assumed that the bandwidth is low (256kbit), and you’ll usually get a warning about voice chat restriction. You’ll also notice that red connectivity bars might be displayed above some cars, these are displayed above a car that is more than 110ms (1/10th second) latent. If it’s constantly on, it’s a slow connection. If it’s flashing on and off, that means we’re getting very infrequent updates. You might also see a car with a red ‘X’ above it, this means that the car in question is getting data that’s more than 500ms (half a second) old, or not getting data at all.

Whilst the above will explain some what you’ve been experiencing with F1 2017, we are always looking at ways to do better.  As we alluded to earlier, we’re looking to share some news about testing in the coming months – so make sure you keep an eye out for sign-up details.

With that, we hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Jenny

What à joke codemaster ! A lot of Words And promise with wich action from You??? 

We are almost in april And when was the Last update on f1 2017?? December ?  

Your game is plenty of bug specialy in multiplayer mode ( safety car , change of setting during race,  yellow flag etc....)

So stop taking the gamer for pigeon with your political speech..... And TELL THE TRUTH that You don't care of us And You Will never update F1 2017! 

SHAME ON YOU

To all those complaining about latency.

CM have given you the parameters for lag >110ms, they have given you the parameters for disconnection >500ms. They have also stated the minimum bandwidth requirement (256kbps). In the Beta, green was 1800kbps and yellow 900kbps. I'm going to take a stab at 450kbps for red.

P2P is not ideal, perhaps for online they should release the abilty for leagues to set up their own dedicated PC hosts (I'm not talking about buying / renting servers although that could be an option for those that want to) a little like RF2 does. I don't think it's practical to offer this to consoles due to the MS XBL's and Sony PSN's from a legal standpoint. It would be viable if the host could play and host rather than just host, and I see no reason why this wouldn't be achievable if the game is play and host (P2P) anyway. 

Whilst this shouldn't in any way mean that the current netcode shouldn't be tweaked and improved and I do not want to see pay to play servers take the place of the P2P network it might at least offer a way for hosts to prove one thing independent of the game. Host controls and monitoring tools would allow hosts to analyse players that are causing issues or have a bad connection and either kick or ban them.

Players who play on heavily contended WiFi or near sources of interference will have MASSIVE latency variations throughout the game, due to the way WiFi works, far more than introduced by the Internet (which does happen) but if you're starting from a terrible place you can see it won't take a lot to upset it. 

Many home routers do a terrible (or non-existent) job with QoS (bandwidth reservation / client priority / protocol specific) which would help and have horrible Firewalls, poorly implemented PF or uPnP (take your pick), you console guys might see this as a 'problem' NAT type.

All these factors are beyond CM control, like it or not. You can do all you can to remediate these issues or you can hurl abuse.

People need to get the hell off WiFi. Every FIFA pro clubs Online league game, my CB partner lags out at some point (usually immediately after start and we concede. Dude needs some CAT5 running between router and xbox. Yes @Hubbadee that's you I'm talking about.)

There's a lot the consumer can do to help alleviate the problems, but equally there is more codies can do. Where everyone has done their best to run wired, hard reset consoles, utilizing the whole "getting ready for a league race on pCars" process - and still we have cars dropping onto the same grid spot and things of that ilk. Some of the ghost car issues also do not seem like they are 100% down to user's connections, but I agree with practically everything you have written there.

What does it actually take to run a server? Its just a PC running specific configuration? And are there any current games that have dedicated servers. I know some guys who race pCars 2 and see them talking about lobby passcodes and stuff, is it running on dedicated servers rather than P2P?

@FRACTURED 
Basically just a dedicated and powerful rig that runs a separate F1-Server application to manage all the network-related work. 
The current system relies on the Lobby-Host to, additionally(!), manage all the network-related work, while a dedicated server structure would balance this work off to another dedicated machine in order the make the multiplayer a smoother experience for all, since every player only has to care about his own connection.

While I agree that it is important to make sure that your very own connection is good, a dedicated-server structure always helps to make Multiplayer games better overall. I don't know about PCars, but Forza Motorsport is a good example of a very well made Multiplayer game that employs dedicated servers. Codies perfectly exposed themselves in this Forum-Topic, when trying to explain how p2p works and actually exposing how bad the current system really is. The real reason why p2p connections are used in gaming (overall, really) is because they are much cheaper than dedicated servers.

I have already mentioned it several times on this forum, but a server application, so that we can host our own, would be very welcomed.