Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On Multiplayer

Thank you codemasters,  you have just stolen me 5 hours of my time. I drive in a racing league and after the qf i did get a disconnect,  i have a 75mb connection in a fairly big city,  thats such a disappointment if you practice for a league hours and than codemasters will destroy everthing and waste my time. Fix the multiplayer,  i beg you. 

Frufru007 said:
Thank you codemasters,  you have just stolen me 5 hours of my time. I drive in a racing league and after the qf i did get a disconnect,  i have a 75mb connection in a fairly big city,  thats such a disappointment if you practice for a league hours and than codemasters will destroy everthing and waste my time. Fix the multiplayer,  i beg you. 
Connection speed != stability.

Not a Great connections to the servers that enoing I hope that beter on F1 2018 more focus be helpt out I think (on xbox one)

Do not earn points in online custom competitions? Also, how to set qualifications too? thanks

WANNA FIX THE AI IN MULTIPLAYER IN THE NEXT GAME, CODEMASTERS?  Perhaps you should let someone who can make a decent game make the F1 Games in future.

WANNA FIX THE AI IN MULTIPLAYER IN THE NEXT GAME, CODEMASTERS?  Perhaps you should let someone who can make a decent game make the F1 Games in future.
Even if it didn't plough into other cars after the flag would be great especially when taking players cars over.

If F1 2018 is F1 2017 without the MP bugs I wouldn't mind tbh

While racing in Canada in career mode on PS4 for the very first time the safety car comes out.. I usually try multiplayer mode but to be honest I don't know how some of the times are achieved....I played racing games since f1 on ps1 with Murray Walker commentary and I am struggling to get anywhere near the leaders on the leaderboards....but anyway as the safety car comes out im told on screen to catch the safety car and queue behind it so off I go trying to catch it....then warned not to go too fast as I will get a penalty...so I look at my speed and drive carefully ...then I'm warned not to overtake while the safety car is out as again I will receive a driving penalty...so I carry on careful not to pass the Ferrari in front of me....then a car decides to overtake me...and as I take my place back I'm warned to hand it back to the car which was doing excessive speed to catch me in the first place....passes me and I've to hand this place back...glitch or what???

larryl said:
so basicly this means patches for 2017 are not even happening anymore and it feels like there is coming a CTE (beta) style kind of testing for the next game......all over again........
Exactly....they have our money so whats the point in fixing it...why would they want to listen to us when all they're interested in is making cash??

Check NAT type on PS4 make sure both are set to OPEN....Had these issues with online gameplay on other games such as cod.

ffigueir said:
My friend and I were trying to play online yesterday on PS4 to practice for our online championship.

I was the lobby host, invited him to play but he couldn't join the session, a pop up error appeared for him every time he tried to join. 

The message was something like: "error: failure to join the session"

Does anybody know the root cuase for this issue?

Is there any workaround to fix it ??

It was very disappointing not being able to play!!

@jennyannem
Check NAT type on the PS4 Network settings BOTH should be OPEN had these issues with online gameplay on other games such as cod .

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to all of you who’ve sent your feedback in to us with F1 2017. We’ve read and watched all of it, especially with your feedback on multiplayer - we know that some of you have spoken to us a lot about multiplayer, and we just wanted to talk a little bit about this. Behind the scenes we’re doing a lot of work in order to make the multiplayer experience better for you. With this is mind, one of the things you’ll notice us doing is bringing testing processes forward for our next projects, in order that we can take as much of your feedback on board. We’ll be keeping you posted on this, and you’ll be hearing more in the coming months.

As we’ve been looking at the issues you’ve been having, there are a few things we’ve noticed you can do in order to make your experience the best it can be, and explain some of what we’re showing you in game.

F1 2017’s multiplayer is peer-to-peer, and this is because having it peer-to-peer minimises the ping time, (a direct connection is faster than a message being passed via another machine), and it’s a low ping in particular that we’ve found gives you the best experience.  Playing in the same geographical location will really help keep your ping low - Australia is at least 300ms (1/3rd second) latent from the UK and there’s only so much we can do with your connection at that distance!

When you join a game, you’ll enter the lobby, and you’ll be shown the lobby connection bar – coloured in green, yellow and red. The lobby connection bar shows the worst state of three different measurements for each peer: ping time, bandwidth, as well as connectivity.  You’ll also notice that it takes a while before the bars start filling in, and this is because the connection is being measured in the lobby. If the game is started before this has begun, it’s then assumed that the bandwidth is low (256kbit), and you’ll usually get a warning about voice chat restriction. You’ll also notice that red connectivity bars might be displayed above some cars, these are displayed above a car that is more than 110ms (1/10th second) latent. If it’s constantly on, it’s a slow connection. If it’s flashing on and off, that means we’re getting very infrequent updates. You might also see a car with a red ‘X’ above it, this means that the car in question is getting data that’s more than 500ms (half a second) old, or not getting data at all.

Whilst the above will explain some what you’ve been experiencing with F1 2017, we are always looking at ways to do better.  As we alluded to earlier, we’re looking to share some news about testing in the coming months – so make sure you keep an eye out for sign-up details.

With that, we hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Jenny

"BULLSHIT MISTER HAN MAN" Time to stop the lies...In a way we are basically paying for services we aren't getting....a world full of promises...a game full of lies...nothing to do with p2p here...the game is full of glitches and nonsense as was the previous f1 codemasters games...how long have you guys been making these games??? And you STILL can't get it right...pathetic...if you can't do it right then don't  give us bullshit lies and butter it up and make it sound far much better than its worth...instead of telling us how good the graphics are and the texture and motion and colors and gameplay is why not release an ad showing ALL the glitches and stupid safety car on multiplayer AND career modes have been fixed....don't just tell us...show us...send us downloads which fix these ...I mean after all we are the ones buying your product...instead of bringing out a f1 2018...show your commitment and support to the customers who are loyal and spend their hard earned cash on this game every year hoping and praying it's far better than the previous one with glitches gone and not just another pile of shite....DON'T release a full 2018 game... do what EA sports do and send a complete update with new teams etc...I'm sure with all our money we've given you could do something decent and send us updates instead of lining your pockets...give us something back at least!!!! We deserve it for we've been ripped off once too often.