F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Wishlist for GRID: Autosport/What cars/tracks do you want to see in Autosport?

I wish I was in Texas to visit COTA :P

Good detective skills none the less.

Loore said:
I wish I was in Texas to visit COTA :P

Good detective skills none the less.
indeed but I assumed the visit had something to do with that given COTA was already in your games thanks to the F1 team you just needed to get it licensed to get it ported over for Autosport

I really like the cars and circuits that have announced so far, but I like have:

Cars:

-All cars of WTCC 2014
-Volvo S60 V8 Supercars
-Nissan Tiida V8 Supercars
-Mercedes E63 AMG V8 Supercars
-Nissan GT-R GT3
-Corvette Z06 GT3
-STR Viper GTS-R
-BMW Z4 GT3
-Camaro GT3
-Aston Martin Vantage GT3
-Corvette DP (United Sportscar Championship)
-Riley DP (United Sportscar Championship)

Track List:

-Motegi (with oval track)
-Sebring International Raceway (with night race)
-Laguna Seca (with night race)
-Okutama (GRID 1)
-Milan (Gird 1)
-Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
-Circuit de la Sarthe (with Bugatti layout and night race)
-Long Beach (Grid 1)
-Indianapolis Motor Speedway (with GP of Indianapolis for IndyCar layout)
-Chicago (Grid 2)
-Circuit Paul Ricard
-Bahrain International Circuit (with night race)
-Spa Francorchamps
-Infineon Raceway (with night race)
-A
uto Club Speedway (with night race and all layout)
-Red Bull Ring
-Nurburgring GP Circuit (and short layout)
-Road America (with night race)

Impressive track list, but conspicuous by their absence are the GRID tracks:

Donington, Nurburgring GP, Shibuya and Detroit (street).

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

I hope there will be more GT3 cars, here are a few:

Bentley Continental GT3
Aston Martin Vantage GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
SRT Viper GT3-R
Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT3

And older ones:

Aston Martin DBRS9
Morgan Aero 8 GT3
Jaguar XKR-S GT3
Lotus Exige GT3
Venturi GT3 Heritage

The more the merrier, and that would make less same cars in a grid online.

RubyRuby said:
Impressive track list, but conspicuous by their absence are the GRID tracks:

Donington, Nurburgring GP, Shibuya and Detroit (street).

Frank
While we may have some data on the tracks already due to their age some of our tracks from GRID would have required a lot of extra work to bring them up to 2014 quality, some rebuilt entirely.

It's only six years but the difference is huge, take a look at San Fran side by side for example in both Race Driver: GRID and GRID Autosport.

Thanks Loore.  I just thought you guys might be looking around for something to do next.
:)>-

Frank

SRT Viper GT3-R  Even being dlc for this car can not miss
Oscar97 said:
I hope there will be more GT3 cars, here are a few:

Bentley Continental GT3
Aston Martin Vantage GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
SRT Viper GT3-R
Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT3

And older ones:

Aston Martin DBRS9
Morgan Aero 8 GT3
Jaguar XKR-S GT3
Lotus Exige GT3
Venturi GT3 Heritage

The more the merrier, and that would make less same cars in a grid online.

:x :x

I think the Aston martin is in actually in at least as part of Endurance anyway I know that the  AM Vantage was in shift 1 as I bought that car for the tier 3 events I did in in Shift 1 not too suer about the other cars though although I think I do remember seeing the Lotus Exige on the car list on this forum too.

MTonly said:
Loore said:
While we may have some data on the tracks already due to their age some of our tracks from GRID would have required a lot of extra work to bring them up to 2014 quality, some rebuilt entirely.

It's only six years but the difference is huge, take a look at San Fran side by side for example in both Race Driver: GRID and GRID Autosport.
I would be happy to have GRID1 tracks even in their original graphics state — this would be better than not having them at all.

Same applies to all GRID2 tracks (some of which are missing in Autosport for some reason), but, compared with GRID1, they probably even don't require to be rebuilt at all since GRID2 and Autosport graphics are almost identical. Really: why not just directly copy GRID2 tracks (those currently missing in Autosport) to Autosport? This would be much better then not having them at all. Thanks.
Because it would take up resources needed in other areas that's why besides I think we've got quite a wide selection of tracks anyway and while it would be nice I'm not sure the game needs any more maybe they'll do some as DLC but for now in my opinion I think they need to make sure there aren't too many bugs in the system and get the game out rather than just throwing in stuff at the last minute that could screw up the whole system. I 'd like to see this game done right with all the promise it's showing not bodged up like last years games

I think the Aston martin is in actually in at least as part of Endurance anyway I know that the  AM Vantage was in shift 1 as I bought that car for the tier 3 events I did in in Shift 1 not too suer about the other cars though although I think I do remember seeing the Lotus Exige on the car list on this forum too.
Not really. The Aston Martin in Autosport is the V12 Zagato, not the Vantage GT3.
And I don't think the Exige is in Autosport. Can't remember, but it wouldn't be the GT3 version anyways.

i hope to see these cars too: (Touring cars)Lada Granta; Citroen C-Elysee; Seat Leon; Toyota Avensis; vauxhall insigna; Alfa romeo 156/155; Volvo s60 ; Dacia Logan ; Saab 9-3; Renault megane; Kia Pro_Ceed; nissan Altima and Fiat Linea!!! also Nurburgring Nordschleife is legendary! at least do it as future dlc codemasters please!!! hope u guys will support this!

MTonly said:
Because it would take up resources needed in other areas that's why besides I think we've got quite a wide selection of tracks anyway and while it would be nice I'm not sure the game needs any more maybe they'll do some as DLC but for now in my opinion I think they need to make sure there aren't too many bugs in the system and get the game out rather than just throwing in stuff at the last minute that could screw up the whole system. I 'd like to see this game done right with all the promise it's showing not bodged up like last years games
This is quite obvious. The essence of my point is that copying tracks from GRID2 should not need any considerable efforts while argument "graphics is obsolete" used as for GRID1 tracks is inapplicable to GRID2 since it has the same (or almost the same) graphics as Autosport. After all, thanks to Steam autoupdate feature, missing tracks may be easily added via a patch (no DLC anymore please) after game release.

By the way, the question is addressed solely to Loore and implies an official answer, not guessing. Guessing (by people not from Codemasters in particular) does not matter here. Thanks for attention.
Then pergaps you should put his name in your post then like this @Loore  thsat way your system automatically alerts his

I would like to see An AI teammate/Co-Driver for Endurance Races with Pitstops and Driver Changes. 12 hour races. Would be awesome like GT was on PC. You can sim a whole hour and condense the race down to fit your time needs.

I would like to see An AI teammate/Co-Driver for Endurance Races with Pitstops and Driver Changes. 12 hour races. Would be awesome like GT was on PC. You can sim a whole hour and condense the race down to fit your time needs.
While it could work I think having 12 hour races would still be a bit long

Not actual 12 hr races, but like they did in original Grid but with adjustable length, Pitting and Driver Changes. Would be pretty awesome way to do Endurance races.

Not actual 12 hr races, but like they did in original Grid but with adjustable length, Pitting and Driver Changes. Would be pretty awesome way to do Endurance races.
well I think given the amount of content that's already in the game I doubt too many will complain about that too much. I know I certainly won't anyway as I think it's got more than enough content to keep me busy on it for a good long while and as @Loore said the career mode is quite lengthy this time unlike Grid 2

Race Day in the GRID(2008) single play mode includes a 1:1 scaled time 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 hour race takes 24 hrs), but no co-drivers, pit stops or anything else - just 24 hours of straight racing.  Push ESC for a substantial break and if you're not back in the saddle in a few minutes the race quits with a DNF (never actually timed it myself).  However, I can imagine that 2 or 3 committed (certifiable) Gridders could actually organize a driving schedule with drivers being relieved on the fly in the middle of the pit straight.  Never heard of anyone actually doing it though.

That race had many other time scale versions as well.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
Race Day in the GRID(2008) single play mode includes a 1:1 scaled time 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 hour race takes 24 hrs), but no co-drivers, pit stops or anything else - just 24 hours of straight racing.  Push ESC for a substantial break and if you're not back in the saddle in a few minutes the race quits with a DNF (never actually timed it myself).  However, I can imagine that 2 or 3 committed (certifiable) Gridders could actually organize a driving schedule with drivers being relieved on the fly in the middle of the pit straight.  Never heard of anyone actually doing it though.

Frank
I never progressed far enouh to ggive this a go but yeah I heard about it. I couldn't see myself doing a full 24 hours though. I struggle to just about do the 100% F1 races when I do them on my F1 games as normally I stick at 25% when in career mode

RobertKNL said:
RubyRuby said:

Frank
I never progressed far enouh to ggive this a go but yeah I heard about it. I couldn't see myself doing a full 24 hours though. I struggle to just about do the 100% F1 races when I do them on my F1 games as normally I stick at 25% when in career mode
I also stick at 25%, but is more because I usually make about 2-3 race-ruining mistakes which I rewind withing that 25%. I would never be able to finish a 50% race in one piece since flashbacks in F1 are limited to 4. Glad the flashbacks in GAS are unlimited :)

I think in 2013 they regenerate after a while if you can avoid using them but then I struggle full stop on that game just about to start my last season on my latest 2012 career though won 2 drivers titles and 1 constructors hoping to sign off by taking at least my 3rd drivers title. Racing for Ferrari in that final season so I'm hopeful.

Like you I tend to screw up at least once in a race quite often it's at the start when trying to get up to speed  quite often I use restart race in those instances though once I'm through the first lap though I stick with the flashbacks. Will probably have flashbacks on but I'll have them set too a limited level on Autosport as I wouldn't want to become too dependant on them. Quite often I find the cars get a little tail happy probably because I'm pushing too hard and that's when I tend to use them