Sign in to follow this  

Eurogamer review OUCH

F1 2014's a strange game, then, and one I can't even accuse of being just a casual reskin. It's a quantifiable step back for the series, saved only by the fact that what's there remains a satisfactory companion piece to this year's season if you're fortunate enough to have a decent steering wheel. There is at least one other new layer of authenticity for this year's game, though; charging full whack for what amounts to a slight downgrade is the kind of one-sided deal that would do even Bernie proud.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-15-f1-2014-review

I bought Grid Autosport which was getting awesome reviews, but i was bored half way trough cause it got really repetative so i think im gonna pass this one all together cause im saturated by similar ego driving games.

i think codemasters knows most reviews be   the middle of the road reviews on this game, at least im on pc so only cost me £18 for the game so the way i look at it dlc for some games are £15 so i just payed for a dlc, the game will keep me going to till December time 
that's kind of how I'm looking at it too I got it for £21 at Shopto which is about a DLC type price as well. Still waiting for my download code but finger's crossed I get that today

I've been keeping my gaming PC up to date, but I'm having a blast in the racing leagues with the good bunch of guys over at KFF on the PS consoles.

Why has the main review thread been closed?

I wonder whether it would still be open if the reviews coming out were more positive :o

Gav25182 said:
Why has the main review thread been closed?

I wonder whether it would still be open if the reviews coming out were more positive :o
I was just about to write the same thing!!
thats ridiculous, nobody said anything rule breaking. We are allowed to have opinions. Not everyone's going to be satisfied and we are allowed to express our views. 
We have already spoke about Codemasters not listening to us, and maybe being the cause of the poor game and bad reviews..
closing a thread with constructive feedback isn't going to help too much...

I now see the review thread has been closed as well!!! WHY??????

That's all well asnd good for PC gamers. Unfortunately console gamers get charged full price for this! So glad reviewers are pointing out what we've all been saying for months.. And still no word from Codemasters.
ive loved this series and always stuck up for them, but I'm feeling a little ripped off this year.
People finally understanding that PC gaming isn't as expensive as some make out, yes it costs more to build a good PC but games are always cheaper o:)

Still more expensive and more of a hassle than consoles at the end of the day.

lll never really get the arguments anyway. Both have advantages and disadvantages and both NEED to coexist to get the best games.

how is a pc a hassle?  you plug it in and dont move it again least it doesnt try and update every 2 seconds and when it does it doesnt stop you from playing for hours lol

aaron685 said:
Whatever, it's not that bad.
I don't want to say "trust me", but it is so, I am very disappointed
and why...
1. Sound very bad, shifting is not felt, the impression that you driving on variator
2. Physics.... don't know how to describe ... bad
3. Graphics... GAS much better looking
4. No russians translate,
yes, Russian aggressor (sanctions, world ignoring), and kill our peoples (and not only our), but this is not a reason to not translate the game
5. And most importantly (for me), Loore & company, i ask 4 years to add in game Ukrainian flag - complete ignoring, promised to add F1 2013 (many thanks added in GAS), only a promise

But with such trifles are create  great games, repeat for 100500 time, yours better F1 games - F1 2010 & F1 2011

lll never really get the arguments anyway. Both have advantages and disadvantages and both NEED to coexist to get the best games.
Well it's not. If my brother can play games on it the. Anyone can. He's 28 but knows nothing about settings and bla bla bla. It's as simple as console gaming these days, Nvidia has a program that will set all the settings for you so you don't even have to mess about for ages looking at what your PC can handle. I like my consoles to but when there's a problem you can't do anything about it, atleast on PC you can work around problems ;)

Hughesy said:

Well it's not. If my brother can play games on it the. Anyone can. He's 28 but knows nothing about settings and bla bla bla. It's as simple as console gaming these days, Nvidia has a program that will set all the settings for you so you don't even have to mess about for ages looking at what your PC can handle. I like my consoles to but when there's a problem you can't do anything about it, atleast on PC you can work around problems ;)

I have to be honest, I usually can't stand the way PC gamers talk down to people. If he says it's too complicated and too much hassle for him then thats what he's decided and you can't tell him his opinion is wrong, as no opinion is wrong.

However......That being said........Not being able to use a PC in 2014 is like not being able to read a book in 1974. You are illiterate in the modern world.

I see where your frustration stems from, everyone should know how to use a PC. And Steam makes it so easy.....But there's just people that haven't realised yet that if you're PC illiterate, you're 21st century illiterate.

I didn't say I can't use one lol. But unless you want to pay 2x as much for a PC that only matches the PS4 in power, you're gonna want to build it yourself. And even though it is (In my opinion anyway) easy to put one together, you still have to make sure you buy compatible parts. Then there is drivers etc. (still not that hard, but still more of a hassle than consoles)

If you want to over pay, or if you pretend the build process doesn't exist, then yeah its just as easy.

I didn't say I can't use one lol. But unless you want to pay 2x as much for a PC that only matches the PS4 in power, you're gonna want to build it yourself. And even though it is (In my opinion anyway) easy to put one together, you still have to make sure you buy compatible parts. Then there is drivers etc. (still not that hard, but still more of a hassle than consoles)

If you want to over pay, or if you pretend the build process doesn't exist, then yeah its just as easy.

TheHemps said:
Hughesy said:

I have to be honest, I usually can't stand the way PC gamers talk down to people. If he says it's too complicated and too much hassle for him then thats what he's decided and you can't tell him his opinion is wrong, as no opinion is wrong.

However......That being said........Not being able to use a PC in 2014 is like not being able to read a book in 1974. You are illiterate in the modern world.

I see where your frustration stems from, everyone should know how to use a PC. And Steam makes it so easy.....But there's just people that haven't realised yet that if you're PC illiterate, you're 21st century illiterate.
What frustration? You've got me all wrong.... I'm not just a PC gamer, I also have X1/PS4 and wii u and wasn't trying to force anyone to game on PC, I'm not sure where you got that from  :|  And I'm not sure how I was talking down to him, this is why I don't normally post in this part of the forum, as people take what others are saying completely out of context.

To the person who posted after. Actually it doesn't cost twice as much. Places like overclockers.co.uk charge roughly £20 more if you want them to build it, so no it doesn't cost twice as much ;) . It's what I'll probably have to do for my next build due to a medical condition

Hughesy said:

TheHemps said:
Hughesy said:

What frustration? You've got me all wrong.... I'm not just a PC gamer, I also have X1/PS4 and wii u and wasn't trying to force anyone to game on PC, I'm not sure where you got that from  :|  And I'm not sure how I was talking down to him, this is why I don't normally post in this part of the forum, as people take what others are saying completely out of context.

To the person who posted after. Actually it doesn't cost twice as much. Places like overclockers.co.uk charge roughly £20 more if you want them to build it, so no it doesn't cost twice as much ;) . It's what I'll probably have to do for my next build due to a medical condition
My whole comment came across wrong....

End of the day I think PC...Or at least Steambox, will be the future. 

Maybe there will be another generation of consoles......But why?

TheHemps said:
Hughesy said:

TheHemps said:
Hughesy said:

My whole comment came across wrong....

End of the day I think PC...Or at least Steambox, will be the future. 

Maybe there will be another generation of consoles......But why?
Ok fair enough o:)

My PC is over 3 years old and urinates all over a PS4.

Your right that building your own PC can be difficult even if you can use a PC. The difference for me is you can upgrade a certain component and extend the life of the whole PC. Consoles your at the mercy of the manufacturers. Once a console is out of date its worth next to nothing, your forced to upgrade to play new games.

pc all the way for me new wheel monday , just a pic of me mate having a few laps on f1 2014 on triple screen  http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/stevenwatt2010/10420426_10152719385374034_372202634215415871_n_zps8f65b896.jpg
Looks awesome! I'll just stick to one 1440p monitor for now. What wheel you getting? I have a pretty big collection, Fanatec GT2 (not sure if it still works) Thrustmaster T500rs and a TX wheel, also have the Ferrari F1 rim and I did have a G27 but sold it to someone on here o:)

im getting the Thrustmaster T500 rs with the f1 addon, really looking forward to using a good wheel but me old one have served its time and done a good job,  
Good choice, I love using the F1 rim as it feels so nature when racing an F1 car. Although FFB isn't Codemasters strong point, it does still feel good using it for F1 14 ;)

@.@ Typical.

Side note, those of you hoping consoles fade and PC becomes 'mainstream'. Be careful what you ask for, as PC gaming as you know it will change, and not in a good way IMO.