Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.12 - Discussion Thread

I think i may need to email ref the 1988 mclaren as well. Seemed to lose it around 1.05 or 1.06 and assumed patches would rectify.

Also why is the ffb so poor now compared to launch? My thrustmaster tx wheel has little or no resistance anymore.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It helped for me. But still the ffb is well down on what it was before patch 1.12. 

No changes on the Fanatec side regarding FFB. Still strong as ever, allthough the actual feedback could be a lot better compared to f.i. AC and PC.

Never had any issues with crashing before update, since the update the graphics are really jumpy in the garage and on track and it feels as if the picture quality has got worse, any way I can remove the update 
 It could be that the fix required lowering the screen asset value, hence the degradation. Recall that the Xbox Platform is Codemasters' tertiary project, with PS4 and PC taking 1st, so this kind of quality is to be expected. 
Not at all, this was resolved by restarting the game.

mlbc1 said:

So codemasters, you asked me if it is still a problem after 1.12? Did you read my post? Do you really think that I would have sent these messages if it was ok after 1.12? Or did you think I didn’t know patch 1.12 was out? You obviously think we are all thick as **** which is why you don’t do anything about it. I am now going to make it my business to out you lot.
Hi, @mlbc1, I'm sorry you're still having this issue - the questions we ask may sound a bit silly and obvious, but we ask them so the information we get is as accurate as possible. Sometimes this means asking questions that look obvious and it means not assuming things. I'm sorry for the questions, just sometimes need to find out more information on your issue!

You are absolutely right. We have to stop buying codemasters games.
I thought I recognised you @f1Maclalonso, @Gadir and how ever many other personas you've been...

You are absolutely right. We have to stop buying codemasters games.
I thought I recognised you @f1Maclalonso, @Gadir and how ever many other personas you've been...
A split personality is never alone :D :D :D

I am administrator of an F1 Championship in Spain. What you should do is start doing something to fix the myriad of problems that are reported. It is regrettable and shameful that after 5 months we continue like this. At least they don not laught at people, education please, thks.

And I say another thing jenny. Today Codemasters has not apologized to its customers since 2016 for its regrettable failures. A little humility would be good for you. Thks.

I’ve put many posts on here about loss of ffb on thrustmaster tx on Xbox one playing f1 2017. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and now it is good again. A slight drop in ffb but all the main feel is back so I am happy enough.

mlbc1 said:
I’ve put many posts on here about loss of ffb on thrustmaster tx on Xbox one playing f1 2017. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and now it is good again. A slight drop in ffb but all the main feel is back so I am happy enough.
Apart from the frame rate. That has gone completely to pot 

And what about the terrible bug involving AI cars continually going into the pits during wet/dry races? I've seen so many comments over this recently. No comments from CM though....

TonyHam said:
And what about the terrible bug involving AI cars continually going into the pits during wet/dry races? I've seen so many comments over this recently. No comments from CM though....
Hey, thanks for letting us know about this issue!

Can we rule out that you are going to the fix the following fauls?

- safety car does not work.
- unreal penalty system.
- unreal times of IA (Sauber in Silverstone pole 25 seg.)
- public rooms do not show real room information.

There are more failures but these are the most important. Thks.

- unreal penalty system.

...unreal penalty system...?

TonyHam said:
Hey, thanks for letting us know about this issue!
Seriously, that's a joke right? I guess we appreciate that there is more staff involved now and that CM is visible on the forum. We get some answers but all that effort is useless if you let us in the dark about issues that aren't resolved yet and the future of this game.

Now, after restart the xbox, i lost my FFB. Reinstalling the game to check..
Yes I had to reinstall and it’s fine

UP100 said:

- unreal penalty system.

I will try to explain it since I use a translator to write in this forum.

F1 real:
It penalizes the car that pulls the 4 wheels out of bounds.

F1 Codemasters:
Two modes appear:
1º Normal rules: It allows you to trace the curves by cutting them exaggeratedly without being penalized. Example second sector of México, first and third sector of Australia, thrird sector of Monza, etc.
2º Strict rules: Just by touching the limits of the track sanctions you. Exampple Silverstone second sector and third sector. But it happens in all circuits.

UP100 said:

- unreal penalty system.

I will try to explain it since I use a translator to write in this forum.

F1 real:
It penalizes the car that pulls the 4 wheels out of bounds.

F1 Codemasters:
Two modes appear:
1º Normal rules: It allows you to trace the curves by cutting them exaggeratedly without being penalized. Example second sector of México, first and third sector of Australia, thrird sector of Monza, etc.
2º Strict rules: Just by touching the limits of the track sanctions you. Exampple Silverstone second sector and third sector. But it happens in all circuits.
So what you are saying is corner cutting, not the whole penalty system. Also IT'S A GAME, you can't really do better without using a lot of time to it when it doesn't really need any. Just stay on the track.

Only 10% of the pilotos online go inside the track. You say that this is only A GAME. Can you imagine a Call of Duty with only one weapon? Mario Bross without coins? Resident Evil without zombis? and that my answer was "its just ONE GAME". You are not being objective. Codemasters has sold us F1 2017 as a simulator but it is a lie. Many online championships have not started because of these failures and it is outrageous.

Only 10% of the pilotos online go inside the track. You say that this is only A GAME. Can you imagine a Call of Duty with only one weapon? Mario Bross without coins? Resident Evil without zombis? and that my answer was "its just ONE GAME". You are not being objective. Codemasters has sold us F1 2017 as a simulator but it is a lie. Many online championships have not started because of these failures and it is outrageous.
Yes I can imagine Call of Duty with only one weapon. There are games with only 3 different weapons in the game and still being played by so many different people. Also what does gameplay features have to do with how close the game's corner cutting system is to reality?

There will probably never be a full simulator. Sure the simulators the teams have can simulate car physics, but they can't simulate the feeling or AI. Sure games such as rFactor can simulate some stuff better, but these also lack the feeling in the game. It depends what you simulate and in the F1 Games it's the feeling of being an F1 driver.

@UP100

["Sure games such as rFactor can simulate some stuff better, but these also lack the feeling in the game. It depends what you simulate and in the F1 Games it's the feeling of being an F1 driver."]

Sadly that "feeling of being an F1 driver" is massively lacking in creativity if compared to EA's FIFA (The Journey) or even 2K's NBA2K (MyCareer), so that point of letting Codies F1 games off the hook just because they give us a rather "mediocre" career mode isn't even remotely acceptable nor is it at the qualitative state to be an excuse of why the game isn't simulating some important other aspects (physics / AI / penalty system / weather system / officiality in terms of liveries, car models, driver accessories such as gloves or helmets or knee protectors or shoes, official HUD etc.) correctly.

But then again what can we expect from a company consisting of only around 500 people, people that are divided in different departments all working on different projects, using the same old and outdated engine for multiple game serieses, whilst only focusing on getting the game running and hoping for more "sheeps"(sheeps that are always willing to pay money first hand), disregarding high quality to save money at all costs with their "little" networth of around 100 million bucks?

PS: 100 million isn't as big of a number if it's strictly compared to EA / Activision / SONY / Nintendo / KONAMI / Capcom / Square Enix / Ubisoft etc. who respectively pay up to 10 - 60 million for one single game production including all the costs of advertisement and distribution etc., so no wonder why Codies seem to be so "stingy" to make some huge steps forward and rather take one little babystep at a time.

Imho if the F1 licence would have been bought by multiple studios this wouldn't be a problem anymore as we would have a proper competition and the best and most enjoyable game series would prevail just like in the past of the late 90's up to the early 2000's.

The only "recent" info we got about the F1 licence is that Codies signed for another three years in September and that Slightly Mad Studios were interested to have a go, no transparency at all.

PPS: Sorry for my rant, i'm German, we love to go on long rants..... ;)

@jennyannem @DanHawk1ns
I reinstall my gane and still losting my FFB. I desactivated the wheel and reactivated again and works for 2 laps and the FFB gone again! Please, hurry solve this! I have the thrustmaster 458 Italia.

@jennyannem @DanHawk1ns
I reinstall my gane and still losting my FFB. I desactivated the wheel and reactivated again and works for 2 laps and the FFB gone again! Please, hurry solve this! I have the thrustmaster 458 Italia.
Hey!

Thanks for the tag.

Could you clarify a bit more info about the problem? Such as: the platform. Also, could you disclose if your wheel has updated recently, if not - could you try updating the firmware and see if this sorts it? The more info you provide, the more we can attempt to replicate it :) 

Dear DanHawk1ns:

I can see that you are still ignoring the complaints of your clients. They remind me of Logitech technical service. You answer the easy questions. What´s up with the safety car? and with the penalty sistem? and the failure of car staying in the pits? and the failure of the IA to mark unreal times? and the failure of pixelated circuits? and yellow flag failure in the whole circuit during a whole race? I colud keep mentionig mistakes but this situation bores me. Stop laughing at us. We know that they will not fix anything because there are failures that are from F1 2016 but I would ask you to show some RESPECT, I think it´s the least we deserve. Thks for nothing,

Dear DanHawk1ns:

I can see that you are still ignoring the complaints of your clients. They remind me of Logitech technical service. You answer the easy questions. What´s up with the safety car? and with the penalty sistem? and the failure of car staying in the pits? and the failure of the IA to mark unreal times? and the failure of pixelated circuits? and yellow flag failure in the whole circuit during a whole race? I colud keep mentionig mistakes but this situation bores me. Stop laughing at us. We know that they will not fix anything because there are failures that are from F1 2016 but I would ask you to show some RESPECT, I think it´s the least we deserve. Thks for nothing,
He is still an esports coordinator...