Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem with AI pitting and not changing tyres, during weather transitions.

It would be nice if we actually got a response as to whether or not this bug will actually be addressed/fixed.

Failing that does anyone know what the latest version of the game is where this bug isn't present and whether or not installing a previous patch would be possible on console? I would gladly trade away the 'improved online experience' to purge away this bug.

it seems that it is also a problem when the engineer asks to change strategy, because when it started to rain he suggested that I mount the slick tires. I have often noticed this problem.

I think CM are taking the mick out of us here, and I don't mean by selling a half  baked unfinished game. I mean this forum, it's just a place for people let off steam and rant about the bugs, I don't think anyone has any interest in doing anything about it. Sold down the river again by CM. As far as this mug is concerned it will be the last time I buy any game from this lot of thieves.

No response because no one at CM is bothered. They took our money for an incomplete game and ran with it, why should they be bothered? This forum is for people to let off steam no one is going to take any notice or do anything about it.

Thanks again for the info. This has been passed to our QA team for investigation. We'll know more once they have repeated the issue and helped debug the cause of the problem. 

Hoo said:
Thanks again for the info. This has been passed to our QA team for investigation. We'll know more once they have repeated the issue and helped debug the cause of the problem. 

This has been an issue for ages on this forum. How have you not replicated it yet? Speaks volumes and a little worrying!

As worrying as it is that its just been aknowledged after this long atleast it has :)

The question now is will it be fixed or are we going to get the we have listened to make the next project better like online and safety car and the upgrade bug in career?

Fair play if its fixed in 2017 if not then yeah more disapointment for purchasers of 2017.

As worrying as it is that its just been aknowledged after this long atleast it has :)

The question now is will it be fixed or are we going to get the we have listened to make the next project better like online and safety car and the upgrade bug in career?

Fair play if its fixed in 2017 if not then yeah more disapointment for purchasers of 2017.

That, my friend is allthough communications have improved still an issue. Acknowledgement is one thing, informing us on progress/solution is another thing. Increasing staff in order to improve communications doesn't help if we don't get answers. Positiv or negative.

the problem seems to be in the folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ F1 2017 \ asset_groups \ f1_2017_vehicle_package \ teams \ wep \ xml-vtf .
I tried to replace the vtf files, with the older ones and the problem disappeared.
I hope it helps @jennyannem  @danhawk1ns @hoo

I had a vtf copy saved on my pc.
because on race department there is only a vtf of patch 1.9 and to correct the problem you need one of patch 1.8

So based on this information the problem has existed since 1.9?

I suppose that is possible. I only discovered the problem in 1.11 but it probably existed long before that.

This problem affected a quarter of the field in my Spain race in season 5 of career mode. Unlike the other issues I previously reported this was the only dry to intermediate transition of the entire race. So the whole thing is just broken.

i have no xml-vtf files in "\ asset_groups \ f1_2017_vehicle_package \ teams \ wep \" folder. only two other files.

Rip off company selling unfinished games, shouldn't be allowed. We should all be entitled to a refund, in any other industry this would not be allowed.

If it's just these files that are missing/broken, and it's taken them this long to figure it out and not even solve it, that is quite shocking TBH.

Agree with previous post, come on codies fix the game, its bad enough you did not fix online or the safety car bug. We still live a broken engine upgrade bug in career and now you will not fix something you broke recently that worked before.

Not exactly making me want to even consider 2018 at this point.

Hey CM Folks, are you going to fix this problem? İt's ruined my career already and I Cant resume until this problem solved.

İs anyone have a
old version of the xml-vtf? At least we can survive

Been a while since I saw a CM comment.

Must be busy working out new ways to pull the wool over our eyes