Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

That's the big secret! I think the community manager will be announcing it soon. They will also post some screenshots and videos talking about it. Can't wait! Remember they weren't able to talk about anything Dirt ralated, finally the mystery has been solved.

Yes! Finally a good way to launch a game every year without people complaining about updates not being made.

We all know they'd only put half the cars and tracks of the real WRC in there... If you want complete games, you're wrong here

After the upturn of WRC7 and the reception of DiRT 4, I don’t think the license will be moving studios anytime soon

well think about it when the wrc games were not great they still made many of them. wrc 7 is really good.so its paid off for them.they wont be getting rid of them anytime soon. unless some serious relations break up or massive money changes hand.

Thierry97 said:
Really codemasters will do wrc 8? :o           
Officialy- no. There was no confirmation, or even a hint that they will do it. To be honest, I have no idea where have this thread came from

wrc 8 if it would come out with codemaster would exhaust a maximum number of players compared to previous versions :/

I heard kylotonn have a 5 year contract for wrc games which would mean they will make at least up to wrc 9
From the progress they made from 6 to 7 I actually look forward to what they'll bring in 8 and 9. 

steering ,sounds,suspension modeling is absolute shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit in WRC7 .Driving a piece of butter in a tub :)

Thierry97 said:
Yes, but as a sound there is no comparison with dirt 4 ;) ;)
To be honest I think Dirt Rally sounds better than Dirt 4.

bogani said:
Thierry97 said:
Engines sound way better and more detailed in Dirt rally than Dirt 4..

bogani said:
Thierry97 said:
I feel the exact opposite. They also added the proper 2001 Impreza WRC sound in DiRT 4, along with the proper Integrale sound, which is basically all I need. :P

bogani said:
Thierry97 said:
I feel the exact opposite. They also added the proper 2001 Impreza WRC sound in DiRT 4, along with the proper Integrale sound, which is basically all I need. :P
Yep, the use correct engine samples on more cars in D4, but they reduced the reverb inside the cars so the raw aggressive feeling from DR got lost along the way.

And the gravel spray effect is almost completely gone :(

bogani said:
bogani said:
Thierry97 said:
Yep, the use correct engine samples on more cars in D4, but they reduced the reverb inside the cars so the raw aggressive feeling from DR got lost along the way.

And the gravel spray effect is almost completely gone :(
Don't forget all the little rattles in the interior! They're more prominent in DR, makes it feel like I'm in an actual car rather than a game.

Kyloton to release V-Rally 4. Xtina creating hype in 3,2,1... as I said a long time ago WRC8 (will change name) is on Codemasters hands.

Kyloton to release V-Rally 4. Xtina creating hype in 3,2,1... as I said a long time ago WRC8 (will change name) is on Codemasters hands.
This actually seems more and more likely yes.

Did you just take a wild guess or do you know someone who've been involved in all this?

I keep seeing this thread pop up & get really excited - and then I realise.... :(