Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

Recommended Posts

Accro2008 said:
No sign of Codemasters on the e3 participating companies list  :

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/alphalist.cfm?alpha=C
Don't think they are exhibiting or did a stand last year either, but Lee Mather did a presentation on one of the channels which I watched on twitch. It was quite good actually and gave a good impression of the game and the new features they wanted to show off. Maybe this year they will do similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C'mon codies we want WRC8 or Dirt Rally 2!

Will be mega disappointed if we get another Dirt (5) next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
euphoreon said:
C'mon codies we want WRC8 or Dirt Rally 2!

Will be mega disappointed if we get another Dirt (5) next. 
I really genuinely believe that the suits in charge would want a follow up to WRC 7 to keep the momentum going along with the growing popularity of esports right now.  Can’t imagine they’d be happy about the series grinding to a stop to allow Kylotonn to work on another rally game that isn’t WRC 8.
It’s no secret that Codemasters are working on something rally related at the moment and I can’t imagine it would be DiRT 5 with the previous game coming out less than a year ago.  It has to be one of two things, either an official WRC title ...or.. DiRT Rally 2.  But even if it is DiRT Rally 2 then it still begs the question, who has the licence for the official WRC series if not Kylotonn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems to be the most recent comment on the possibility of WRC 8 being announced from a few days ago...

http://tinypic.com/r/24wbzgp/9

slightly off topic but does anyone know what to type to embed an image in a post on the forums here? ?  the upload image doesn’t seem to work from a phone for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
euphoreon said:
C'mon codies we want WRC8 or Dirt Rally 2!

Will be mega disappointed if we get another Dirt (5) next. 
I really genuinely believe that the suits in charge would want a follow up to WRC 7 to keep the momentum going along with the growing popularity of esports right now.  Can’t imagine they’d be happy about the series grinding to a stop to allow Kylotonn to work on another rally game that isn’t WRC 8.
It’s no secret that Codemasters are working on something rally related at the moment and I can’t imagine it would be DiRT 5 with the previous game coming out less than a year ago.  It has to be one of two things, either an official WRC title ...or.. DiRT Rally 2.  But even if it is DiRT Rally 2 then it still begs the question, who has the licence for the official WRC series if not Kylotonn?


Yeah, and Dirt4 didn't seem to be as well received by Dirt Rally folk. It was an inferior experience for me and I would have far rathered DLC content for Dirt Rally than Dirt 4.

If it is WRC8 then they can put all their focus on rally again because they simply lack locations in both previous dirt games. Personally I don't care for Rally Cross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"WRC The Official Game Hi Esteve! We'll forward this feedback on to the development team. While we don't have information on WRC 8 at the moment, we'll be sure to post to our social channels as soon as we do!"

It´s on the official Facebook page. Well, I think we have something here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The title may or may not be presented this Friday, stay tuned guys! Codemasters is working hard at the minute, but surely, if it gets delayed, it will be just for two weeks!!

Brum, Brum!
Well week two is next week, so we should hear something soon... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guys, there's no WRC game by Codemasters. It's pretty obvious that they're working on a new DiRT game. Why would they be all proud of their new world championships and talking about future editions, without new DiRT games planned? Also, what about the 3D scanning of the Polo RX and the major partnership with VW Motorsport? I don't see it.

We won't hear anything next week because it's E3 and there's way too many things being announced. It's not like Codemasters to announce something like that, then.

We could hear something, but it'll be from another dev team. That, I'd bet on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
New Dirt game zzzzzzzzzz

They need to stop focusing on trying to cater to so many different modes. In Dirt 4 everything was underdone, not interested in rallycross or trucks. Just make a rally game and a separate rallycross game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As far as I have seen Codemasters have had multiple visits with Fia WRX and the Fia WRX people also trying the game at the end of last year. My feeling says a new DiRT game is coming and not a WRC game by CM. A standalone Rally or RallyCross game seems a bit to basic nowadays if not provide a complete championship.

Question though is, will it be more like DiRT Rally or more like DiRT 4? I think both games have its strengths and weaknesses. Basically keep the strenths and solve or remove the weaknesses. With DiRT 4 released a year ago I would be suprised something will be announced soon, also with F1 2018 and other things being worked on. And probably we will see RallyCross cars again from a previous season, instead of the current season.

My bet is that somewhere Autumn the new DiRT is being announced and will be released Spring 2019. 
- It will be a combination between Dirt Rally and DiRT 4, but much better developed
- The name will not contain a number (so not DiRT 5 or DR 2)
- Rally and RallyCross will once again be the core again of the game.
- Muliplayer / eSport will become more important compared to Singleplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 euphoreon  the dirt series has always mixed the automotive off-road diciplines so you want a collin mcrae game and not dirt. if you like the rally you should buy WRC . I prefer to have more disciplines on a game it is thanks to dirt that I discovered the rallycross and other in this game and it's good for me to take a break after the rally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JorritVD said:

- Muliplayer / eSport will become more important compared to Singleplayer.
I so hope not. Because if the game turns out to be just e-sports and more e-sports, it's a no buy from me. Give single and multiplayer both an upgrade, stop sacrificing one for the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
warpengage   JorritVD   we have to improve the dirt solo look dirt 2 was very good and very alive I think dirt 2 was the best for the atmosphere and the presentation and for the e-sport it must be improved because of the player who rolls more than 100 km \ h on the left or pins in simulation mode is really not realistic and yes we can do it with strange settings on the joysticks and the steering wheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cassito said:
"WRC The Official Game Hi Esteve! We'll forward this feedback on to the development team. While we don't have information on WRC 8 at the moment, we'll be sure to post to our social channels as soon as we do!"

It´s on the official Facebook page. Well, I think we have something here...
They've been posting these kind of messages for more than a month now... so there isn't really anything new to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carpa said:
cassito said:
"WRC The Official Game Hi Esteve! We'll forward this feedback on to the development team. While we don't have information on WRC 8 at the moment, we'll be sure to post to our social channels as soon as we do!"

It´s on the official Facebook page. Well, I think we have something here...
They've been posting these kind of messages for more than a month now... so there isn't really anything new to that
Well, one of the things that did change is that they now say they can forward stuff to the dev team, which means there is a dev team to forward stuff to. I think this team was formed recently and active development is still in the early stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JorritVD said:
As far as I have seen Codemasters have had multiple visits with Fia WRX and the Fia WRX people also trying the game at the end of last year. My feeling says a new DiRT game is coming and not a WRC game by CM. A standalone Rally or RallyCross game seems a bit to basic nowadays if not provide a complete championship.

Question though is, will it be more like DiRT Rally or more like DiRT 4? I think both games have its strengths and weaknesses. Basically keep the strenths and solve or remove the weaknesses. With DiRT 4 released a year ago I would be suprised something will be announced soon, also with F1 2018 and other things being worked on. And probably we will see RallyCross cars again from a previous season, instead of the current season.

My bet is that somewhere Autumn the new DiRT is being announced and will be released Spring 2019. 
- It will be a combination between Dirt Rally and DiRT 4, but much better developed
- The name will not contain a number (so not DiRT 5 or DR 2)
- Rally and RallyCross will once again be the core again of the game.
- Muliplayer / eSport will become more important compared to Singleplayer.
I just wish they'd do some DLC for their games, they never have enough rally content... this 'your stage' thing didn't help Dirt 4 either, I got a lot less enjoyment and replay value out of those stages than Dirt Rally. They should build up their games more, people would buy DLC. Something like Assetto Corsa or Project Cars post launch content... I don't enjoy Codies style in that respect.

They release a game, then it fizzles out. I enjoyed when Dirt Rally was in early access and we had new environments to look forward to, it reignited my spark for the game multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A bit late to the party but I would like to voice my thoughts. I honestly would love to see Codemasters pick up the WRC license because they (obviously) have a solid background in making rally games. And since they gave the team at Evolution Studios a new home (who also have a background in making rally games) they would most likely be able to bring a good plate to the table with their expertise. 

When Evolution Studios had the WRC their games made me UNF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigBen still has the WRC license. It's why, in V-Rally, they are calling cars "Mitsubishi Lancer WRC04", for example. If they didn't have it, it would have been Mitsubishi Lancer Rally 2004, again, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigBen still has the WRC license. It's why, in V-Rally, they are calling cars "Mitsubishi Lancer WRC04", for example. If they didn't have it, it would have been Mitsubishi Lancer Rally 2004, again, for example.
Hmm that's strange reasoning. What has that got to do with WRC? You don't keep the WRC license then make a V-Rally game.

I cannot see how the WRC would be happy with that o_O The game has nothing to do with the WRC. Seems no other rally games this year, really not looking forward to V-Rally 4. Looks average and dated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
euphoreon said:
BigBen still has the WRC license. It's why, in V-Rally, they are calling cars "Mitsubishi Lancer WRC04", for example. If they didn't have it, it would have been Mitsubishi Lancer Rally 2004, again, for example.
Hmm that's strange reasoning. What has that got to do with WRC? You don't keep the WRC license then make a V-Rally game.

I cannot see how the WRC would be happy with that o_O The game has nothing to do with the WRC. Seems no other rally games this year, really not looking forward to V-Rally 4. Looks average and dated.
Not strange reasoning at all. The WRC name is property of the WRC Promoter, not of the manufacturers. While you may be able to license, from the manufacturer, a car that competed in the WRC, you cannot call it a WRC without the appropriate license. Tell me, in both DiRT Rally and DiRT 4, how many WRC cars did you see that were actually called WRC, in-game? None, right? DiRT 3 doesn't count, by the way, because those cars that had WRC on their names were licensed by the WRC. Things were easier back then.

As for why BigBen is doing what they are doing, ask them. They know their deals and their business strategy better than any of us, certainly. What may seem illogical to us, may actually make a lot of (monetary) sense to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=title&titleid=48943


This link shows WRC 8 is in development by Kylotonn Games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lskill said:
https://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=title&titleid=48943


This link shows WRC 8 is in development by Kylotonn Games.
Well no. The only evidence given that WRC 8 exists is a GIF with number 8 on it they posted on Twitter months ago, and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lskill said:
https://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=title&titleid=48943


This link shows WRC 8 is in development by Kylotonn Games.

What is that site, just out of interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×