Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

Where is CodingRacer? I'm still waiting for the May announcement? ;)

@CodingRacer Helluuuuuuu?? Come out come out wherever you are!

bogani said:
@CodingRacer Helluuuuuuu?? Come out come out wherever you are!
Well he actually has kept consistant with his date hasn't he... His last access is on May 23

@ChristinaMc and people in Codemasters have been super busy in the studio, I think we need another couple of weeks for the final announcement. Remember Paul has left Codemasters so it would be not nice to do it at this point in time, someone has to replace him in the hype videos telling us how amazing WRC8 is. August is the month, but keep the radio on, as you might be hearing (or not) about the new countries and epic DLCs coming with this years WRC game.

@ChristinaMc and people in Codemasters have been super busy in the studio, I think we need another couple of weeks for the final announcement. Remember Paul has left Codemasters so it would be not nice to do it at this point in time, someone has to replace him in the hype videos telling us how amazing WRC8 is. August is the month, but keep the radio on, as you might be hearing (or not) about the new countries and epic DLCs coming with this years WRC game.
Trollin' like a baws bro  B)

Assuming for a second all of this was true, announcing in August and releasing in Autumn, with all the other Games coming out in that time period, would be a suicide. And releasing any later wouldn't make sense because the season would be over. So I don't know why, but you don't quite convince me. Just sayin'.

Keeping the faith. 

Areyouben said:
What if justbiglee didn’t leave all those years ago and CodingRacer is his new teasing account. :o

How about... no. There is no WRC game this year. New DiRT will most likely be next year, end of story.

So what the heck was Daniel Elena filming in México, and why the abridged eSports WRC? Bigben's contract ends in September, perhaps. 

So what the heck was Daniel Elena filming in México, and why the abridged eSports WRC? Bigben's contract ends in September, perhaps. 
It's possible those cutscenes were used in the official WRC broadcast or something like that, and either he or we misunderstood what these were for

carpa said:
It's possible those cutscenes were used in the official WRC broadcast or something like that, and either he or we misunderstood what these were for
I was asking because he literally said "official WRC game" in his FB stream. He was either confused, or something is in the works somewhere. 

lol daniel elena wrc 8  :D :D :D :D :D https://twitter.com/VRallyGame/status/1022104394526072840

I watch this, I watch Gravel, I watch DiRT, they all blend into one after a while.

V-Rally used to be a WRC clone. Now it's something else.

I watch this, I watch Gravel, I watch DiRT, they all blend into one after a while.

V-Rally used to be a WRC clone. Now it's something else.
V-Rally 1,2 and 3 were nothing like WRC titles. If anything, V-Rally 4 is looking like WRC 7 with extra specialties.

SLRE is a rally sim light. 

DiRT Rally is a rally sim light.

Gravel is an off road forgiving sim light. 

DiRT 4, well, I'm still trying to figure that out a year after release. 

Haha true. I more meant content, it's like "oh look classic rally, tick, Group B, tick, Porsche, tick, hillclimb, tick, etc, etc"

V-Rally 1-3 had cars from WRC (to a greater or lesser degree, before official licensing kicked in) and played as rally games (with some rallycross multi-car concessions, certainly 1 and 2, but then McRae 2.0 had that too).

This new V-Rally 4 seems more like Dirt 2 or 3, mixed with ideas/locations/themes from Gravel.

Incidentally I bought Gravel in a sale, but haven't tried it yet!

Haha true. I more meant content, it's like "oh look classic rally, tick, Group B, tick, Porsche, tick, hillclimb, tick, etc, etc"

V-Rally 1-3 had cars from WRC (to a greater or lesser degree, before official licensing kicked in) and played as rally games (with some rallycross multi-car concessions, certainly 1 and 2, but then McRae 2.0 had that too).

This new V-Rally 4 seems more like Dirt 2 or 3, mixed with ideas/locations/themes from Gravel.

Incidentally I bought Gravel in a sale, but haven't tried it yet!
Gravel is great fun. Excellent FFB on the G29, proper clutch+H-shifter implementation, lots of cars and tracks, good physics and laid-back fun. Hoping for another pure rally title from Milestone now that they got their act together using Unreal Engine. 

If indeed Codemasters do get to create WRC 8 then I really hope they do a far better job than Dirt Rally or indeed Dirt 4.

Both of those titles are fundamentally and badly flawed because they allow for next to no customisation of the playing experience by the game owner ..... that is not acceptable in this day and age.

It is obvious that the later Dirt series games have a little fanboy base, but it is that little, a few, a handful ..... Whilst I am most certainly not alone in having no interest in what some Codemasters dev may or may not think I should be able to do because of the 'integrity of the game' ... Get over yourselves, it is a game, not a cure for cancer. My son, a Dr of Mathematical Physics is working on that with some Quantum Biologists, so I do know the difference even if you do not.

There is good reason that games such as Forza and Forza Horizon are huge sellers... Great graphics, basically zero video sheer and a very large game giving excellent value.... BUT more than that, it is because they are all things to all people.... They can be set as hard as it gets, or as easy as you want and anywhere in between. One can even change settings during a race... and why not? For what possible reason in a single player environment should that not be allowed?

Whilst I am not talking about the multi player, rather single player, of course the new Forza H4 has an on line, multi player rewind facility ... Whereas it seems a rewind button of any sort in a single payer Dirt game is an anathema to the Codemasters sooth sayers.

As a single player which is all I do, along with many, many other people, what difference does it makes to 'excitedchild007' or 'Rallyhero666' how I play? If I rewind? If I have the Ai set to Zombie? The on-line challenge things, fine no rewind... However there is no reason they cannot have a rewind and if one rewound then you get a small fixed prize... These are just games, not a life purpose.

When I answered a MS questionnaire recently I found it disturbing that there was a question which said basically "Do you play for entertainment or do you get a sense of achievement from your gaming".......  A sense of achievement? No, please God, no...

Obtaining a Degree, Masters or PhD is a sense of achievement. Passing your driving test, managing to raise your children to 18 without them dying, putting up flat pack furniture that stays up, learning to play a musical instrument.... They are all things which are an achievement ... However throwing a bunch of pixels down a screen faster than someone else is NOT an achievement it is just entertainment.... If you really feel it is an achievement then you really need to sort your life out.

Forza 7 was wrong, it was a bad game and many mistakes had been made .... Did the Forza/Lot 10 team hide? Did they say there'd be no changes as it would affect the 'integrity of the game' as Codemasters dev's like  to spout ...... No they sacked people for being useless, took it over and changed the game ... I strongly suspect when the World FIA Rally X people saw the appalling screw up that Codemasters had made of Rally X in Dirt Rally, they were more than a little upset. It was unplayable by mere mortals.

So personally I would much rather see Forza/Lot 10 WRC 8 ... Because then it would be done properly, it would play properly, it would be accessible to all, fully customisable .... Rather than be hide bound by a bunch of devs who it seems all still live in mommy's basement and are missing the real world,

Really, honestly, truthfully, you at Codemasters need to get with the programme people, you are making some completely awful games because of some sort of misplaced arrogance... Most people want and indeed demand flexibility when they spend a great deal of money on a game... Not some game which they cannot play because it too hard, lacks flexibility and choices for the owner of the game.

The bottom line is maybe this ..... September 2017 I bought Forza 7 Ultra for about £80.00 ... Last week I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultra for about £80.00 ... So in 10 months I have spent £160.00 with Forza products and if they bring out something else, I will be buying that as well ... All you have managed to get out of me is £19.00 from the remaindered bin.... Multiply that by all those fed up with Codemasters senseless rigidity and maybe that will wake you up.

Mazier777 said:
If indeed Codemasters do get to create WRC 8 then I really hope they do a far better job than Dirt Rally or indeed Dirt 4.

Both of those titles are fundamentally and badly flawed because they allow for next to no customisation of the playing experience by the game owner ..... that is not acceptable in this day and age.

It is obvious that the later Dirt series games have a little fanboy base, but it is that little, a few, a handful ..... Whilst I am most certainly not alone in having no interest in what some Codemasters dev may or may not think I should be able to do because of the 'integrity of the game' ... Get over yourselves, it is a game, not a cure for cancer. My son, a Dr of Mathematical Physics is working on that with some Quantum Biologists, so I do know the difference even if you do not.

There is good reason that games such as Forza and Forza Horizon are huge sellers... Great graphics, basically zero video sheer and a very large game giving excellent value.... BUT more than that, it is because they are all things to all people.... They can be set as hard as it gets, or as easy as you want and anywhere in between. One can even change settings during a race... and why not? For what possible reason in a single player environment should that not be allowed?

Whilst I am not talking about the multi player, rather single player, of course the new Forza H4 has an on line, multi player rewind facility ... Whereas it seems a rewind button of any sort in a single payer Dirt game is an anathema to the Codemasters sooth sayers.

As a single player which is all I do, along with many, many other people, what difference does it makes to 'excitedchild007' or 'Rallyhero666' how I play? If I rewind? If I have the Ai set to Zombie? The on-line challenge things, fine no rewind... However there is no reason they cannot have a rewind and if one rewound then you get a small fixed prize... These are just games, not a life purpose.

When I answered a MS questionnaire recently I found it disturbing that there was a question which said basically "Do you play for entertainment or do you get a sense of achievement from your gaming".......  A sense of achievement? No, please God, no...

Obtaining a Degree, Masters or PhD is a sense of achievement. Passing your driving test, managing to raise your children to 18 without them dying, putting up flat pack furniture that stays up, learning to play a musical instrument.... They are all things which are an achievement ... However throwing a bunch of pixels down a screen faster than someone else is NOT an achievement it is just entertainment.... If you really feel it is an achievement then you really need to sort your life out.

Forza 7 was wrong, it was a bad game and many mistakes had been made .... Did the Forza/Lot 10 team hide? Did they say there'd be no changes as it would affect the 'integrity of the game' as Codemasters dev's like  to spout ...... No they sacked people for being useless, took it over and changed the game ... I strongly suspect when the World FIA Rally X people saw the appalling screw up that Codemasters had made of Rally X in Dirt Rally, they were more than a little upset. It was unplayable by mere mortals.

So personally I would much rather see Forza/Lot 10 WRC 8 ... Because then it would be done properly, it would play properly, it would be accessible to all, fully customisable .... Rather than be hide bound by a bunch of devs who it seems all still live in mommy's basement and are missing the real world,

Really, honestly, truthfully, you at Codemasters need to get with the programme people, you are making some completely awful games because of some sort of misplaced arrogance... Most people want and indeed demand flexibility when they spend a great deal of money on a game... Not some game which they cannot play because it too hard, lacks flexibility and choices for the owner of the game.

The bottom line is maybe this ..... September 2017 I bought Forza 7 Ultra for about £80.00 ... Last week I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultra for about £80.00 ... So in 10 months I have spent £160.00 with Forza products and if they bring out something else, I will be buying that as well ... All you have managed to get out of me is £19.00 from the remaindered bin.... Multiply that by all those fed up with Codemasters senseless rigidity and maybe that will wake you up.

You are absolutely correct sir, it is all just games. There are plenty to choose from out there so if one is not to your liking, keep looking, I'm sure there is one for you.

However, you are not entitled to have every game that is produced to meet your demands. Again, if you don't enjoy the game and the vision that the developers had when making it, look elsewhere.