Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

Evilsmurf said:
WRC 8 should look good. Same people did V rally 4 and used the Unreal engine, so it isn't a great leap to assume they will use the same engine for WRC8.
If the can tweak the handling from WRC7 then it should be a fun game to play.
V-Rally 4 used KT Engine created by Kylotonn.

Stages really was hit and miss. Some locations had great stages, some locations felt really old. Sweden and Finland for example was really bad. 

Kiwiazbro said:
Wondering if WRC 8 could be a challenger. 7 was a big improvement. Over 100 stages, 50 teams, better career mode. Sounds good. 
The stages, at least in the (WRC 8) trailer look good, but that bumpercam looks very hovercrafty

er185 said:
Evilsmurf said:
WRC 8 should look good. Same people did V rally 4 and used the Unreal engine, so it isn't a great leap to assume they will use the same engine for WRC8.
My bad, your correct.

Was sure I read some ware that it used the unreal engine, or at least part of it.  

Didzis said:
Kiwiazbro said:
Wondering if WRC 8 could be a challenger. 7 was a big improvement. Over 100 stages, 50 teams, better career mode. Sounds good. 
The stages, at least in the (WRC 8) trailer look good, but that bumpercam looks very hovercrafty
I think cam movement is much more realistic in WRC games, at least it feels close to what I see on TV. Codemasters should improve them to reduce the hovercraft effect. Also if they could implement the helmet cam as Project Cars that would be awesome.

Not too sure how anyone can read into a pre-rendered video that shows no actual gameplay at all and with 7+ months still to go before it’s release.  I’ll remain skeptical until much closer to the games release.  
On the plus side I’m sure DiRT Rally 2.0 will keep us busy until we see more of what WRC 8 actually offers. 

Not too sure how anyone can read into a pre-rendered video that shows no actual gameplay at all and with 7+ months still to go before it’s release.  I’ll remain skeptical until much closer to the games release.  
On the plus side I’m sure DiRT Rally 2.0 will keep us busy until we see more of what WRC 8 actually offers. 
Sadly marketing works like that, as Codemasters they announce the game months and months before release, so people start commenting and creating hype.

100 stages may be misleading. Since dirt rally 2 could be seen as having 70 odd stages, taking into account reverse and chop ups. Wait and see I spose.

Considering how WRC7 was advertised as having 52 special stages and how there was no way all 52 of those were unique stages, I have my skepticism that all of WRC 8's 100+ stages will be unique stages. The game might well have 100+ stages but I suspect there will be much use of reverse stages and all that jazz to meet that number.

I have crunched the numbers on stages, and discounting the Epic Stages that didn't have reversed sections (like Sweden and Finland which is just two short stages pasted together and run in the same direction) WRC 7 actually has 49 unique stages and 345.88 unique km. I assume that the stages from WRC 6 that were left out of 7 will return, and if they do some stage inversions then I do believe they can get to 100 unique stages.

WRC 6 had 67 unique stages and 404.8 unique km, without reversing any stages.

So we might see 100 unique stages and possibly 700 unique km in WRC 8 after all.

Also, Chile and Turkey will be brand new stages.

From a quality level perspective, they could do with redoing some of the older rallies though. Rally GB is very much in need of a refresh in my opinion to at least bring it up to the quality of the new WRC 7 stages, such as ADAC Rally Deutschland. At the moment Rally GB is one of the more repetitive rallies with a stage selection of Hafren, Hafren Reverse, Great Orme and then part of Great Orme into Hafren.

I like Rallye Monte Carlo but that is also hampered by it being just two unique stages currently. The first two sprint stages are just the Epic Stage split up, but at least if the game runs them in reverse it is different enough to not feel quite the same as if you run them in the same direction as the Epic Stage. There are other examples, two of which you already mentioned, like that which brings the number of unique stages lower than 49 in my opinion.

Evilsmurf said:
er185 said:
Evilsmurf said:
My bad, your correct.

Was sure I read some ware that it used the unreal engine, or at least part of it.  
Gravel was the one that used Unreal 4. Milestone switched completely over to Unreal 4 ( thank god ).

( Assetto Corsa Competizion also uses Unreal 4  )

V-rally 4 comes up very early end of season 2018, I said to myself that’s it codemasters will take the lead then dirt rally 2 announced and I said okay what’s going !? then wrc 8 announced ! my brain is just crashed i am afraid something personal between them only if there’s contract end of wrc 9 why do they just annul it ?
should not the license goes to the best ?  that simple Isn’t?

WRC's promoter is way too complicated. They should learn a thing or two with the WRX promoter.

AIPacino said:
WRC's promoter is way too complicated. They should learn a thing or two with the WRX promoter.
"Too complicated" = cash first, quality second?

In fairness, WRC7 made big steps forward over 6 and the new stages (Poland, Monte, Mexico, Germany) they added were very good (even if the old ones are still terrible). If they continue on this path and also improve the awful sound (codriver and cars) I'm open to giving it a shot.

Yeah, they only see $$$ but they don't realize they'd make way more $$$ with a WRC module included in DiRT Rally (just like WRX) instead of their own game which barely sells. And I'm not just refering to direct money from game sales or license. It's the whole marketing involved as well. This partnership would provide more fruits for both parts.

The quality work and difference is just too evident between both titles.