Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

At least, Codemasters, if you're not making a WRC game, make a good R5 game. National championship level.

well the WRC name sells ,to at least the arcade crowd and console players with gamepads.To me ,yeah , the sim could have all R2 cars if physics are spot on ...............

Thierry97 said:
Still no news ??? :/                        
Thierry, listen to me: you have to relax and be patient, like the rest of us. This anxiety can't be doing you any good.

Besides, we're only going to hear any news, at the earliest, probably toward the end of this month and at the latest, assuming a game is coming this year, toward the end of July. So there's plenty of time still to go for an announcement to come out. Wait and see.

;)                                                                                                       

Ok okay guys, and the time will give us every answer.
And just that enthusiasts are all very eager to know something soon.
but for now we wait. ;)

I think we'll have WRC cars on dirt because ubisoft put the Citroen WRC in the crew 2 we'll probably have the same thing for dirt

Well nothing fresh from @CodingRacer: will he/she appear again on May 26th to bask in the glory of being right all this time?...

When I saw the Citroen C3 WRC in The Crew 2, I thought: "Wow, what's it doing there?"

The most reasonable explanation is that The Crew 2 is not a dedicated rally game, therefore the licensors don't view it as a "competitor" for their official game.

I'd like to think, though, that maybe the WRC Promoter is changing its attitude towards promoting their championship. By allowing those cars to appear in more games, it may be a way to get more people to see them, wonder about them, research them, and then find the World Rally Championship.

Codemasters have managed to secure a major WRC car before: the VW Polo R WRC. I was pretty surprised when it was announced, considering they couldn't get a recent Fiesta or a genuine, competition-spec, Mini Countryman. It was, apparently, a pain to license but they did manage to get the world champion of that exact year, no less.

I'll tell you something: if Codemasters can overcome their licensing difficulties and include, not just classic, but proper, current, top-tier rally machinery in their next game, I would actually prefer it to a WRC title. So yes, while I'd like to see a WRC game from them, if they can make a proper DiRT, rally-focused and with proper licensed content, I'd be more than happy.

I wouldn't say that. It's pretty obvious that they are working on something. What that may be is the tricky part. My bet is on a rally game of sorts.

warpengage FIA never give up all the homologation cars WRC. Moreover, even the runs from the championship are allowed to use only the official game. For example The Crew 2 or Forza M 7 there is one car from the whole championship (TC 2 - C3 WRC, FM7 - Renault F1)

it is strange that nothing is yet known about it, at least to know if there is a chance that a new rally game will come out or not

Atomicgt1 said:
warpengage FIA never give up all the homologation cars WRC. Moreover, even the runs from the championship are allowed to use only the official game. For example The Crew 2 or Forza M 7 there is one car from the whole championship (TC 2 - C3 WRC, FM7 - Renault F1)
First of all, it's not the FIA, but the manufacturers and the WRC Promoter that hold the license. Homologation has nothing to do with videogame licensing, not directly, and no homologation will be given up.

I can agree with the fact that they, most likely, will not allow all cars from the championship to be present.

As for championship runs, are you referring to E-Sports? Then yeah, why would they use any other game for the official WRC E-Sports competition than their official one?

Maybe it's simply because Ubisoft has more money to defend itself in case there's a problem with the license.

Atomicgt1 said:
First of all, it's not the FIA, but the manufacturers and the WRC Promoter that hold the license. Homologation has nothing to do with videogame licensing, not directly, and no homologation will be given up.

I can agree with the fact that they, most likely, will not allow all cars from the championship to be present.

As for championship runs, are you referring to E-Sports? Then yeah, why would they use any other game for the official WRC E-SpProducers by and large do not matter (the issue price), as for the promoterorts competition than their official one?
Producers by and large do not matter (the issue price), as for the promoter WRC, but does WRC not apply to FIA? No, I meant the real championships (not E-sports)

Oscar97 said:
Maybe it's simply because Ubisoft has more money to defend itself in case there's a problem with the license.

Or maybe the French Ubisoft simply agreed with the French Citroën?)

Atomicgt1 said:
Producers by and large do not matter (the issue price), as for the promoter WRC, but does WRC not apply to FIA? No, I meant the real championships (not E-sports)
By producers, do you mean car manufacturers? They do matter. You can license a championship, but that only grants you the rights to things like the championship's name, its sponsors, its events and its drivers, perhaps. For cars, you still need manufacturer approval. For instance, DiRT 4 has the Official World RX license, but no Audi A1 RX, due to a separate licensing issue. A big championship license can make it easier to get manufacturer approval, but it's no guarantee.

The FIA organizes the WRC but doesn't own the commercial rights to it, which are the ones needed for games. WRC Promoter GmbH are the ones who own those rights.

What does running the real championship have to do with using the official game? Please clarify, and use better English, because it is hard to comprehend your posts.

the fact is that a rally game will have to come out at least for the beginning of 2019, that both dirt or wrc is not yet known about it. :/

I will give you my point of view for this subject complicate.

1 for WRC licenses we know that big had been licensed for 3 years from 2013 to 2016 but since 2106 we have no information so we do not know how bigben negotiates their contract with WRC
https://lightningamer.com/bigben-interactive-signe-pour-3-ans-avec-le-wrc/

2 WRC 7 was very appreciated by the player who is fan of the series but Kylotonn will go out V-rally 4, why? you will tell me . because the rally fan loves all rally cars and not just the  WRC because people are nostalgic like me. that's why I did not buy WRC7 you have only WRC  is boring , kylotonn and bigben have understood the problem that is why V-rally 4 arrives to let rest WRC because the cars content is limited  that why I do not want WRC games only with codemaster. but if codemaster happens to put 2 or 3 WRC cars for the next Dirt it will be good for the game

3 the price of WRC licenses have gone down, I'll show you the french free TV channel "Equipe21" has managed to get the WRC TV license yet this channel has no money and have managed to have the RX and WRC for their channels, it must be similar for the licenses video games WRC prices must surely fall

4 el famoso Elena, daniel elena announce that he would be on WRC 8 lol I think he will be on V-rally 4 because loeb and elena are part of the legends of the rally with the 9 consecutive title in WRC and I think the xsara WRC will be on V-rally 4 and maybe he on WRC 8 in DLC or bonus  . WRC 8 will not arrive now if V-rally 4 is selling better than WRC games  and WRC 8 will probably arrive in late 2019 or early 2020

I forgot to tell you since April 18 bigben owns 45% of kylotonn, its big ben takes the risk of investing more money on future games, including V-rally 4   http://www.zonebourse.com/BIGBEN-INTERACTIVE-5097/actualite/Bigben-Interactive-monte-a-45-dans-le-developpeur-Kylotonn-26378437/

gk9147 said:

2 WRC 7 was very appreciated by the player who is fan of the series but Kylotonn will go out V-rally 4, why? you will tell me . because the rally fan loves all rally cars and not just the  WRC because people are nostalgic like me. that's why I did not buy WRC7 you have only WRC  is boring , kylotonn and bigben have understood the problem that is why V-rally 4 arrives to let rest WRC because the cars content is limited  that why I do not want WRC games only with codemaster.

A WRC only car game  doesn't have to be boring, the problem is what we have now (WRC 7)  is too simple, I like the game but Is just race after race, no develoment tree, no car updates, no cinematics, no sense of progresion. The stages in WRC 7 are beautiful but so few per country, we need more! If a new official wrc game manages to give us all of this, it will be heaven, at least for me.