Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

The only one I can think of regarding DiRT would be a Silverstone RX track to come out the day of the DiRT finals

ElitePanzon I understand your point of view they should have added new races but for cars it's going to be difficult because WRC wants to put their cars that are driven right now and not the old ones. that's why there are not a lot of bonus cars and DLC not to take the place at the WRC car watching the DLC porsche costs 5 euro for a single car is to make you understand that if you want content out of the WRC it will take pay the max price

Thierry97  KingOfCoins  look this page and wait after the final e-sport i think update coming soon http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132654/r-i-p#latest

Atomicgt1 said:
Producers by and large do not matter (the issue price), as for the promoter WRC, but does WRC not apply to FIA? No, I meant the real championships (not E-sports)
By producers, do you mean car manufacturers? They do matter. You can license a championship, but that only grants you the rights to things like the championship's name, its sponsors, its events and its drivers, perhaps. For cars, you still need manufacturer approval. For instance, DiRT 4 has the Official World RX license, but no Audi A1 RX, due to a separate licensing issue. A big championship license can make it easier to get manufacturer approval, but it's no guarantee.

The FIA organizes the WRC but doesn't own the commercial rights to it, which are the ones needed for games. WRC Promoter GmbH are the ones who own those rights.

What does running the real championship have to do with using the official game? Please clarify, and use better English, because it is hard to comprehend your posts.

PCars 2 official license WRX also

Atomicgt1 I believe that for audi EKS it is not the mark of car that decides because it is a private team, I give you an example loeb to create a team for the rallycross even if it is peugeot it will have to have the approval by loeb

Atomicgt1 said:
Producers by and large do not matter (the issue price), as for the promoter WRC, but does WRC not apply to FIA? No, I meant the real championships (not E-sports)
You can license a championship, but that only grants you the rights to things like the championship's name, its sponsors, its events and its drivers, perhaps. For cars, you still need manufacturer approval.

Obviously, none of us know so we are just speculating, but I would guess in F1's case the Concord Agreement ties the licencing rights to cars over to the promoter.

Most championships likely don't have the power that F1 does, so no idea if WRC is that way or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were a condition for the WRC Manufacturer class entries.

gk9147 said:
Atomicgt1 I believe that for audi EKS it is not the mark of car that decides because it is a private team, I give you an example loeb to create a team for the rallycross even if it is peugeot it will have to have the approval by loeb
I believe there is more to it then that, @KickUp has discussed the licensing of the EKS S1 in the past (and licensing is the reason why the car isn't in DiRT 4).

EKS now have official Audi Sport backing, so the situation has changed, which I assume is what has allowed PCars2 to get the car. 

gk9147 said:
 I will give you my point of view for this subject complicate.

1 for WRC licenses we know that big had been licensed for 3 years from 2013 to 2016 but since 2106 we have no information so we do not know how bigben negotiates their contract with WRC
https://lightningamer.com/bigben-interactive-signe-pour-3-ans-avec-le-wrc/

2 WRC 7 was very appreciated by the player who is fan of the series but Kylotonn will go out V-rally 4, why? you will tell me . because the rally fan loves all rally cars and not just the  WRC because people are nostalgic like me. that's why I did not buy WRC7 you have only WRC  is boring , kylotonn and bigben have understood the problem that is why V-rally 4 arrives to let rest WRC because the cars content is limited  that why I do not want WRC games only with codemaster. but if codemaster happens to put 2 or 3 WRC cars for the next Dirt it will be good for the game

3 the price of WRC licenses have gone down, I'll show you the french free TV channel "Equipe21" has managed to get the WRC TV license yet this channel has no money and have managed to have the RX and WRC for their channels, it must be similar for the licenses video games WRC prices must surely fall

4 el famoso Elena, daniel elena announce that he would be on WRC 8 lol I think he will be on V-rally 4 because loeb and elena are part of the legends of the rally with the 9 consecutive title in WRC and I think the xsara WRC will be on V-rally 4 and maybe he on WRC 8 in DLC or bonus  . WRC 8 will not arrive now if V-rally 4 is selling better than WRC games  and WRC 8 will probably arrive in late 2019 or early 2020
I think some epic fails in there.

The only way the game licence will get cheaper is if no-one wants it. Since I think BigBen, CM and probably SMS would all be interested in getting the licence I don't see how it would go out at low cost.

No business is likely to take the licence and then not issue a game for a year. It's happened in the past with various places (I think Codies did it when they got the F1 licence) but has to be for a very important reason, like for example they can't get a game out in time.

I agree that people in general want more than the WRC cars. Some classics have appeared in WRC games in the past (WRC 3 had classic cars for example). I think this is more down the developer than the licence holder. For example F1 has classic cars, so why couldn't WRC as DLC ?

For me there are three key dates :

End of May, normally WRC would have been announced by then (past 2 years has been mid-may). BigBen financial results announced, when they may say something about the licence and/or WRC 8.
Mid June : E3.
End July : Most likely date of current licence expiry (no one actually knows).

If we haven't heard anything by end July then it is probably staying with BigBen.

dirt3joe    when I was talking about DLC it was for WRC and not V-Rally 4( becauseV-rally is not a license of official competition)  yes for V-rally 4 there will be WRC cars in DLC(because bigben still has WRC licenses) but I do not think that will put all WRC in DLC otherwise it will not come out WRC 8, it makes sense you have all cars on V-rally 4 why are you going to buy WRC 8 and vice versa

for the licenses on the facebook of V-Rally 4 I put a comment on their pages and a person answered me that the rally interested less people it is really bizzare and now we can see free rally WRC in France
if WRC is really interesting why you would make exceptions. when you are worth a lot of money you have to sell yourself at the max price on all categories (TV, video games, commercials ....) and you do not make exceptions because you are important and you have value.

the financial result it is not important I give you an example:
you have 1 million you invest 1 million because you are told that you will win 10 million, the money goes and in the end when it comes back you earn 3 million.

3 million is good because it is a positive result but you do not earn 10 million so it is a bad investment.

that's why I think Bigben has invested money on kylotonn because they make lots of good different games that make money. and if bigben invests a lot of money on kylotonn I think they will invest less money on the WRC licenses and at that time codemaster try to have the WRC license at the low price

I have a question. SMS is slighty mad studio? if it is yes. why would they want the WRC license? he does not make rally games for the moment. but if it makes a rally games it would be nice because the rallycross is very good on Pcars 2

gk9147 said:
 dirt3joe    when I was talking about DLC it was for WRC and not V-Rally 4( becauseV-rally is not a license of official competition)  yes for V-rally 4 there will be WRC cars in DLC(because bigben still has WRC licenses) but I do not think that will put all WRC in DLC otherwise it will not come out WRC 8, it makes sense you have all cars on V-rally 4 why are you going to buy WRC 8 and vice versa

for the licenses on the facebook of V-Rally 4 I put a comment on their pages and a person answered me that the rally interested less people it is really bizzare and now we can see free rally WRC in France
if WRC is really interesting why you would make exceptions. when you are worth a lot of money you have to sell yourself at the max price on all categories (TV, video games, commercials ....) and you do not make exceptions because you are important and you have value.

you have 1 million you invest 1 million because you are told that you will win 10 million, the money goes and in the end when it comes back you earn 3 million.

3 million is good because it is a positive result but you do not earn 10 million so it is a bad investment.

that's why I think Bigben has invested money on kylotonn because they make lots of good different games that make money. and if bigben invests a lot of money on kylotonn I think they will invest less money on the WRC licenses and at that time codemaster try to have the WRC license at the low price

I have a question. SMS is slighty mad studio? if it is yes. why would they want the WRC license? he does not make rally games for the moment. but if it makes a rally games it would be nice because the rallycross is very good on Pcars 2

The "I'm a popular, important and historical motorsport so I must sell my product at the highest possible price" idea was used by F1 less than a decade ago and it caused a significant decrease in spectators, viewers and general interest because all the rights went to Pay TVs. This caused the sponsors' interest in the Championship to decrease too. So I don't think that's a brilliant marketing strategy...
Plus, the WRC can be followed for free online on RedBull.tv and they offer about 4hrs of content per rally, so why would a PayTV try to compete with that?

carpa said:
gk9147 said:

The "I'm a popular, important and historical motorsport so I must sell my product at the highest possible price" idea was used by F1 less than a decade ago and it caused a significant decrease in spectators, viewers and general interest because all the rights went to Pay TVs. This caused the sponsors' interest in the Championship to decrease too. So I don't think that's a brilliant marketing strategy...
Plus, the WRC can be followed for free online on RedBull.tv and they offer about 4hrs of content per rally, so why would a PayTV try to compete with that?
I don't think anyone here would think it's a brilliant strategy to charge as high a price as possible. For example, I think there is considerable value as a manufacturer in being able to have your cars and tracks in a game. It advertises them and puts them in the spotlight.

This isn't the way promoters seem to think though. And to a degree you can understand why. If there are several people that want something, then by definition it is in demand and therefore it is possible to charge for it. And provided all those bidding on it demonstrate that they will produce something that is in the best interests of promoting the sport then its only natural that it would go to the highest bidder.

Yet in my part it is said that on May 26 and scheduled an important announcement and it seems to be just codemasters but nobody knows what it is :/ 

Thierry97 said:
Yet in my part it is said that on May 26 and scheduled an important announcement and it seems to be just codemasters but nobody knows what it is :/ 
Who's saying something about May 26, genuine question? Don't put much faith on CodingRacer.

EDIT: Also guys, Christina tweeted yesterday that she's vacationing. She'll only be back at the end of the month. Considering she's the one who handles DiRT related announcements, the end of May period, for an announcement, may be in jeopardy.

carpa In France for the F1 race to watch the race you have to have a pay channel and this channel calls "canal +" (I do not speak of their channel youtube or others that shows compilations of the races) and for a long time it is like that.

I will return the question to you so it is normal for a big competitions called WRC to be free, but you do not find it strange that the WRC is free. answer because not a lot of people are watching. the problem is why?

because people do not just rally and will not be interested in the disciplines but the F1 is different you have karting circuit everywhere so easier to talk about F1

in France to make the rally is not complicated to become rally drivers but its expensive. if you do not have money you will not be rallying. the proof sebastien loeb to ask for money on the internet and the person who recruited him has to mortgage his house to be able to pay the repairs of the car of loeb

the only way to get tracked in france for cheap the name is the "rally jeunes" you have to have a driver's license , be between 18 and 24 years old and you have to move in the south of France or make amateur rally and for his, he you have to travel, do the car preparation and repairs, and you need money

the F1 is already easier you start with the karting and if you have the talent and luck you make you will have the chance to drive more powerful cars (F1 or other category)

EDIT: Also guys, Christina tweeted yesterday that she's vacationing. She'll only be back at the end of the month. Considering she's the one who handles DiRT related announcements, the end of May period, for an announcement, may be in jeopardy.
That's surprising, I thought Christina would be at Silverstone this coming weekend for the DiRT World Championship finals. 

gk9147 said:
carpa In France for the F1 race to watch the race you have to have a pay channel and this channel calls "canal +" (I do not speak of their channel youtube or others that shows compilations of the races) and for a long time it is like that.
In Italy F1 is only on PayTV, but on Sky Sport. So I know how it feels :'(
gk9147 said:
I will return the question to you so it is normal for a big competitions called WRC to be free, but you do not find it strange that the WRC is free. answer because not a lot of people are watching. the problem is why?

because people do not just rally and will not be interested in the disciplines but the F1 is different you have karting circuit everywhere so easier to talk about F1

in France to make the rally is not complicated to become rally drivers but its expensive. if you do not have money you will not be rallying. the proof sebastien loeb to ask for money on the internet and the person who recruited him has to mortgage his house to be able to pay the repairs of the car of loeb

the only way to get tracked in france for cheap the name is the "rally jeunes" you have to have a driver's license , be between 18 and 24 years old and you have to move in the south of France or make amateur rally and for his, he you have to travel, do the car preparation and repairs, and you need money

the F1 is already easier you start with the karting and if you have the talent and luck you make you will have the chance to drive more powerful cars (F1 or other category)
The WRC has lost quite a lot of his popularity since the golden era of Group B, Group A and early 2000s. I know for a fact that many people (older than me because I wasn't even born in those days) know more about rallying in the 90s than of  this year's championship. At the same time, even if F1 isn't as popular as it used to be either, it is a lot more recognised even by general public. That's because it's been easier to watch for a long time, and because with the dominance of your fellow French drivers Loeb and Ogier (you're quite lucky, let an Italian who hasn't seen a World Champion since 1989 tell you) and the loss of important manufacturers (Lancia, Mitsubishi, Subaru...) the races were less interesting. Being an exclusive sport followed by few die-hard fans isn't exactly a good business model and WRC Promoters should aim to publicize the Championship to the widest possible audience to get more spectators in their sport. Because spectators bring interest, sponsors, money and more manufacturers, and this is all good to the sport

The title may or may not be presented this Friday, stay tuned guys! Codemasters is working hard at the minute, but surely, if it gets delayed, it will be just for two weeks!!

Brum, Brum!

The title may or may not be presented this Friday, stay tuned guys! Codemasters is working hard at the minute, but surely, if it gets delayed, it will be just for two weeks!!

Brum, Brum!
Don't start back peddling now. You've set your date. If it doesn't happen, you have a hat to eat.

Unless, of course, you admit your guess is as good as ours.

Coding racer we need certainties, The game will be in the wrc series I guess true? When the announcement? :/

wait summer possible update coming soon for dirt 4 and other update  tss handbrake for Game console
  coming soon too wait please   http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132654/r-i-p#latest

Thierry97 said:
Coding racer we need certainties, The game will be in the wrc series I guess true? When the announcement? :/
CodingRacer is just guessing like all of us. He only puts a facade that he's "in the loop". His latest post was obvious damage control after he saw us posting about Christina going on vacation and, most likely, not making his predicted date. I was, already, 99% sure he doesn't know anything. Now, I'm positive he doesn't.

gk9147 said:
  wait summer possible update coming soon for dirt 4 and other update  tss handbrake for Game console
  coming soon too wait please   http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132654/r-i-p#latest
Update for DiRT 4, after all this time? Not happening, they've got something new cooking.

warpengage if nothing happens before July 1 we will wait V-rally 4 or continue to play dirt rally and dirt before the arrival of the new dirt but I do not understand why in dirt 4 there is 120 garage space for 55 cars

gk9147 said:
warpengage if nothing happens before July 1 we will wait V-rally 4 or continue to play dirt rally and dirt before the arrival of the new dirt but I do not understand why in dirt 4 there is 120 garage space for 55 cars
Because you can own duplicates, with different mileages and conditions.