Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

warpengage       maybe but for me it is useless to duplicate on dirt 4 while waiting V-rally 4a post a photo on his facebook page      

https://www.facebook.com/VRallyGame/photos/a.2051310008485395.1073741829.2019314585018271/2087952618154467/?type=3&theater

https://www.skoda-motorsport.com/en/wrc-official-rally-games/

Article from Skoda about the official WRC games. They seem to prefer these to DiRT, considering them better simulations. I guess that's why licensing a Fabia for DiRT is always a pain.

However, the important bit is the last sentence of the article: "It seems that official rally simulation is in good hands for the near future!"
Is this guy just assuming BigBen and Kylotton are still in charge, or does he actually know? Food for speculation.

it is an internet article and not an interwiew. he talks about the history of skoda in WRC games. 
lol WRC games is best rally simulation skoda motorsport  need glasses 

I am Italian and here someone knows something but I would not want to tell you anything for the moment but it is something very interesting  ;)

Thierry97 said:
I am Italian and here someone knows something but I would not want to tell you anything for the moment but it is something very interesting  ;)
Milestone is developing it?

Thierry97 said:
Milestone is developing it?
Or the gRally dudes LOL. 

You're all wrong. It's blatantly Atari who have the license now.

Thierry97 said:
Didn't know you're a fellow Italian ;) always nice to know. 
No idea what rumors you're talking about but I'm too busy studying to know anything... hope you're right tho

I just found a video about the engine and in this video at 3:51 minutes the guy says that skoda, porshe, seat ..... are part of the VW and we know that now codemaster is partner with codemaster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_timKLJLPSw

gk9147 said:
I just found a video about the engine and in this video at 3:51 minutes the guy says that skoda, porshe, seat ..... are part of the VW and we know that now codemaster is partner with codemaster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_timKLJLPSw
Audi, Volkswawagen, Skoda, Porsche, Seat, Lamborghini and Bentley are all part of VAG: pretty sure that doesn't mean that there is a shortcut to the licensing for any of those cars though! 

carpa said:
Thierry97 said:
No idea what rumors you're talking about but I'm too busy studying to know anything... hope you're right tho
Well... this is something. Since when did the community manager of a French gaming company learn how to speak Italian?
https://twitter.com/wrcthegame/status/998971888490729472

carpa said:
carpa said:
Thierry97 said:
Well... this is something. Since when did the community manager of a French gaming company learn how to speak Italian?
https://twitter.com/wrcthegame/status/998971888490729472
Perché ha usato Google translate?

You know what they say about tempting fate? Remember that post I made, in which I jokingly asked: "Milestone is developing it?"

I may be about to eat my words. Milestone won't do it justice, if they have to deliver this year. Please, let it not be Milestone.

I don't think it would be all that bad. They did a somewhat good job on loeb rally evo. If they can improve on that for a WRC game then I would be on board with that.

I don't think it would be all that bad. They did a somewhat good job on loeb rally evo. If they can improve on that for a WRC game then I would be on board with that.
I'll have to, respectably, disagree with that statement.

I don't know how SLRE does with a wheel, but that's not what I use and I've given the game several chances, that means several purchases and refunds. I found the game absolutely terrible on controller, undriveable even. The cars felt like barges, largely unresponsive and sluggish, even if they were nimble models. Their graphics were a matter of hit and miss. Some stages looked nice, others looked poor. Same could be said for the cars, with some having absolutely egregious modelling errors. I believe there even was an infamous "Mitsubishi engine in a Subaru's engine bay".

Considering the time-frame for release, the amount of games they've released recently and the amount they are currently developing, I don't see them having more than the 8 months, or so, that Kylotton had when they made WRC 5. We all know how that turned out. All this, plus the fact Milestone tend to take their time to address issues, of all kinds, other than basic bug-fixing, makes me wary of Milestone. It's my experience, with them, talking. 

I don't know how SLRE does with a wheel, but that's not what I use and I've given the game several chances, that means several purchases and refunds. I found the game absolutely terrible on controller, undriveable even. The cars felt like barges, largely unresponsive and sluggish, even if they were nimble models. Their graphics were a matter of hit and miss. Some stages looked nice, others looked poor. Same could be said for the cars, with some having absolutely egregious modelling errors. I believe there even was an infamous "Mitsubishi engine in a Subaru's engine bay".

Considering the time-frame for release, the amount of games they've released recently and the amount they are currently developing, I don't see them having more than the 8 months, or so, that Kylotton had when they made WRC 5. We all know how that turned out. All this, plus the fact Milestone tend to take their time to address issues, of all kinds, other than basic bug-fixing, makes me wary of Milestone. It's my experience, with them, talking. 
And I will also have to, respectably, disgree about SLRE. However I do agree you with your gamepad statements. The game is a handful on controllers but not by any means unplayable. Also it has major problems on PC when mixing/matching peripherals. Inexcuseable there.

FFB on wheel is good but nothing special. The best thing about it is that it works right out of the box. No fiddling like Project CARS, DiRT Rally, DiRT 4 and WRC 7. Actually, you can't even fiddle with it at all because it doesn't have settings.

I agree that the graphics look OK at times (San Remo) but mostly are just average to below-average (Finland and Wales). Sounds are nothing short of pathetic. And the car models yes, some do have errors, but that can be overlooked from a small developer with chronic issues such as Milestone, especially when you look at the overwhelming car count in the game. But very disappointing that they never fixed any of the egregious errors.

SLRE is a real gem, or diamond-in-the-rough. It has tons of content. 500km of stages, tons of cars (some of them never seen in a rally game), great physics, challenging real stages, Pikes Peak, rallycross, ability to use any car on any track, excellent single player and multiplayer, livery editor (basic)... [EDIT]Forgot to mention the damage system. It's realistic and punishing as hell[/EDIT]

Also take a look at the "new" Milestone with Gravel. The latest HDR update on the PS4 has really sharpened up the graphics and improved the framerate. Unreal Engine working in the background makes great lighting. Milestone has really stepped up their game on the graphics and sounds department. Gravel is also loaded with content (tracks and cars). It's the first Milestone game I have seen that is worthy of a AAA rating and it's a shame the game wasn't in this state Day 1. They are actively supporting it. Physics are great. They are basically SLRE physics but made more accessible because they are marketing it as an "arcade" game. But I do fail to see what's so arcade about the classic RWD rally cars that need the same throttle control as DiRT Rally to slide through turns.

I will also agree on the timeframe. Not much time to complete a rally game. But then again, any studio would be in the same boat. Even Codemasters. But both Codemasters and Milestone at least have some real rally assets in their portfolio that they can use as a base.

[EDIT](again). Also, if someone has the WRC license, it was most likely signed back in September, or even August, 2017. So we're looking at roughly 1 year+ of development. Ample time to get a decent first game out there.[/EDIT]

And I will also have to, respectably, disgree about SLRE. However I do agree you with your gamepad statements. The game is a handful on controllers but not by any means unplayable. Also it has major problems on PC when mixing/matching peripherals. Inexcuseable there.

FFB on wheel is good but nothing special. The best thing about it is that it works right out of the box. No fiddling like Project CARS, DiRT Rally, DiRT 4 and WRC 7. Actually, you can't even fiddle with it at all because it doesn't have settings.

I agree that the graphics look OK at times (San Remo) but mostly are just average to below-average (Finland and Wales). Sounds are nothing short of pathetic. And the car models yes, some do have errors, but that can be overlooked from a small developer with chronic issues such as Milestone, especially when you look at the overwhelming car count in the game. But very disappointing that they never fixed any of the egregious errors.

SLRE is a real gem, or diamond-in-the-rough. It has tons of content. 500km of stages, tons of cars (some of them never seen in a rally game), great physics, challenging real stages, Pikes Peak, rallycross, ability to use any car on any track, excellent single player and multiplayer, livery editor (basic)... [EDIT]Forgot to mention the damage system. It's realistic and punishing as hell[/EDIT]

Also take a look at the "new" Milestone with Gravel. The latest HDR update on the PS4 has really sharpened up the graphics and improved the framerate. Unreal Engine working in the background makes great lighting. Milestone has really stepped up their game on the graphics and sounds department. Gravel is also loaded with content (tracks and cars). It's the first Milestone game I have seen that is worthy of a AAA rating and it's a shame the game wasn't in this state Day 1. They are actively supporting it. Physics are great. They are basically SLRE physics but made more accessible because they are marketing it as an "arcade" game. But I do fail to see what's so arcade about the classic RWD rally cars that need the same throttle control as DiRT Rally to slide through turns.

I will also agree on the timeframe. Not much time to complete a rally game. But then again, any studio would be in the same boat. Even Codemasters. But both Codemasters and Milestone at least have some real rally assets in their portfolio that they can use as a base.

[EDIT](again). Also, if someone has the WRC license, it was most likely signed back in September, or even August, 2017. So we're looking at roughly 1 year+ of development. Ample time to get a decent first game out there.[/EDIT]
BigBen has also published a Milestone-made WRC before: WRC 4. BigBen also publishes Gravel, in France. We could see the same thing happen again. I'm thinking BigBen still has the license and they're partnering with Milestone to get a larger number of games made, also in variety. While their main studio, Kylotton, handles V-Rally this year, Milestone may be given a second chance with WRC. The only problem with Milestone is they finished Gravel in February of this year. They have MXGP Pro, Moto GP 2018 and Ride 3 already scheduled for this year. What team of theirs, if any left, could be working on WRC? If it's the Gravel team, they only have months to do it. Doesn't sound good to me.

@warpengage I have also been pondering this whole time the possibility of Bigben still having the license. Just don't get why they wouldn't continue with Kylotonn on WRC but I'm sure they know their business better than we do. 

@warpengage I have also been pondering this whole time the possibility of Bigben still having the license. Just don't get why they wouldn't continue with Kylotonn on WRC but I'm sure they know their business better than we do. 
I'd prefer them to continue with Kylotton but the bottom line is the money. I think they see the option of publishing both with Milestone and Kylotton and having different games that suit different audiences. You know, diversify.

Thierry97 said:
milestone I do not think he still has the license :/
It's not the game studio, it's the publisher. Bigben picks the studio that makes the game. They could choose Kylotonn, Milestone, Codemasters, SMS or even Naughty Dog if they wanted to LOL. 

Urgh, please don't give it back to Milestone BigBen; their offerings were awful. If Codies or SMS don't make it and Kyloten don't have it, they've really messed this up. Again.

Urgh, please don't give it back to Milestone BigBen; their offerings were awful. If Codies or SMS don't make it and Kyloten don't have it, they've really messed this up. Again.
I think both Milestone and WRC Promotor have matured since the garbage Milestone WRC games and the garbage Kylotonn WRC 5. Milestone has created two solid titles in SLRE and Gravel, and it seems WRC Promotor is warming up to more serious rally games.