Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters did not announce WRC 8!!

gravel is good but it is an arcade game and for kylotonn we should wait to see V-rally 4 to see if they really evolve and looking at the picture share on their facebook pages we see 2 roads the first road cut very easy to see is cut by two cars but there are other roads cut in the middle of the cirtcuit by barriers and hide by a rock I think kylotonn has put a circuit systems to generate or maybe a big map with a system of roads random

DLC and tss handbrake update hype dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9rsaf5ml0

To be honest guys... I don't want both Milestone and Kylotonn. Milstone did great games now like SLRE or Gravel with graphics improvements and not bad content but they want now to think us like that they will do a step forward and do a great WRC game, it isn't like that because it's business and they can't do it without the suggestions of the players. Kylotonn when it comes to the game made really good step up, i'm enjoying on gamepad WRC 7 and even the eSports competition is just fun to compete with others but the devs, forum guys are just idiots! They didn't improve some of important things which was interrupting someone the game, even the physics are bad because after restarting wet tarmac stage the grip is better than on 1st try so they really do a big mistake which cost us lot of disappointment on the esports attempts where we got that bad worse grip and it caused problems during driving. The worst thing is that the physics with worse grip was the proper one, but it was terrible, really not cool. They can do a new better game, but the organization of the competition and how they are listening to players it's just terrible. I'm really curious what would do Codemasters because i think that a game with Arcade mode like in DiRT 4 and with DiRT Rally or DiRT 4 improved sim physics would be such a perfect game, next add to that 12 stages especially real ones would be better like in DiRT Rally, all different for a rally and all the calendar. They even don't need to do a WRC game they can put the license like they did with DiRT Rally or 4 and create another DiRT game but WRC need to have full calendar and all the cars, not like WRX and a really good gameplay. I'm curious what will happen later.

I don't know who has the license now, but BigBen doesn't have it anymore they registered domains up to WRC 7 in 2014, so WRC 7 was the last one they released, and also registered V-Rally last year when they couldn't renew the contract with WRC Promoter...
We just need to know who is the new license holder
PS: Mhhhmm BigBen registered V-Rally domain in May 2017, so that date must have been when the WRC Promoter decided the new developer, just one month before DIRT4 release, after the release DiRT team went radio silence...

I don't know who has the license now, but BigBen doesn't have it anymore they registered domains up to WRC 7 in 2014, so WRC 7 was the last one they released, and also registered V-Rally last year when they couldn't renew the contract with WRC Promoter...
PS: Mhhhmm BigBen registered V-Rally domain in May 2017, so that date must have been when the WRC Promoter decided the new developer, just one month before DIRT4 release, after the release DiRT team went radio silence...
I made some similar speculations in the gossip thread a few weeks ago. Check it out:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/327928/#Comment_327928

With regards to the deal that BigBen signed with WRC, if I recall correctly, it was to publish 3 games, starting with WRC 4. So, WRC 7 was actually an extra. Still, I think BigBen is no longer in charge of the license for a couple of reasons:

1 - Companies need to plan in advance. They registered and negotiated the domain and license for V-Rally early the previous year. So, by then, they must have known they were going to need a replacement for WRC.

2 - V-Rally 4 launches in September, which is the beginning of the typical WRC release window. BigBen wouldn't release two competing titles so close to each other. The last thing you want, as a company, is for your products to compete against each other, it's bad practice. It would lead to split revenue and hurt both developer and publisher alike.

3 - The WRC E-Sports competition ending earlier. If BigBen were still license holders, why the rush to get the championships done? And why, conveniently, right before the release window for a new WRC?

Now comes the million dollar question: if BigBen is out, who's in?

There's Milestone, who've worked on WRC in the past. But, if you look at their release schedule, for this year, and the timing for release of a WRC game, I don't see them being able to do anything. The team that, most likely, would develop WRC 8 was busy, until mid-February, with Gravel. This would give them, roughly, 8 months to get a game done. Meanwhile, they announce MXGP Pro, Moto GP 2018 and Ride 3 all for this year. How are they going to manage to fit WRC into all of this? The guy who was behind Gravel (Irvin Zonca), is also the guy behind the Ride games and we have a Ride game scheduled for November 8, this year. By the way, Ride 3 looks like a big game, with 30 tracks and 230 bikes, plus Unreal Engine 4. Considering the positive reception Ride games have been getting (Mostly Positive to Very Positive) and the studio's experience with bike games, I think that's the path Milestone will want to take.

Codemasters, I think, are in the best position to take the "Mantle of Responsibility" for WRC development. They've got the most time, they already have resources in place, that they can use, and there's the matter of their (almost) complete silence. I'm not sure if Codemasters will be at E3 or not, but I hope to hear something within the next 2 to 3 weeks. It's about the right time of the year to announce WRC. The reason they may be delaying it (if they have it) is because of F1 2018 and also OnRush, which is coming out soon. There are a few things concerning me since the livestream of the DiRT Finals. The commentators kept implying more DiRT World Championships to come. This suggests another DiRT, rather than a WRC. I don't think the WRC Promoter would be okay with "DiRT World Rally Championships". On the other hand, however, the commentators were probably just hyping up the event without any actual backstage knowledge.

Remember that Bigben is publisher and license holder not producer. Slighty Mad Studios is also with Bigben so WRC can be created by them, but if Bigben gave someone the license then there are big chance that it will be Codemasters all want to see how they will do that and players want that. But there are many possibilities we just will not know anything until we will not have any confirmed informations. Bigben have also Atari which did great Test Drive Unlimited but i don't think they will do anything. I think DiRT Rally 2 with WRC (Full Calendar)+RX or WRC 8 by Codemasters are the only possibilities to come, if not then we will have again boring Bigben and just another studio. I wrote also a post about another game which i would love to see, if you want then you can join the discussion. ;) http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/60075/idea-for-next-codemasters-rally-game-lets-try-to-do-a-colin-mcrae-game

KryspaPL said:
Slighty Mad Studios is also with Bigben

They are? Unless this is something recent, I haven't heard any sort of any association between the two. They did try to publish Test Drive: Ferrari Legends on PC, but that didn't work out. I don't think they're developing WRC. They have PCARS 2 to worry about, a new PCARS mobile game and a, yet to be announced, new IP which is "sort of" a racer. WRC is neither a new IP or a just "sort of" a racer.

KryspaPL said:
I think DiRT Rally 2 with WRC (Full Calendar)+RX

This is not happening. The WRC Promoter going: "Yes, let's have another series, that kind of competes with us, mixed in with out own!", is just not happening. You'll never see the two together. Chances are Codemasters are working on a DiRT 5 or a DiRT Rally 2, since Paul Coleman has posted about 3D-scanning the new RX Polo. That scan, I'm sure, isn't for nothing, which means rallycross in the next game, which means no official WRC.

I just hope they remember: the majority cares about rally, not rallycross. Don't spend money acquiring rallycross content that could have been spent on good rally content.

KryspaPL said:
Remember that Bigben is publisher and license holder not producer. Slighty Mad Studios is also with Bigben so WRC can be created by them, but if Bigben gave someone the license then there are big chance that it will be Codemasters all want to see how they will do that and players want that. But there are many possibilities we just will not know anything until we will not have any confirmed informations. Bigben have also Atari which did great Test Drive Unlimited but i don't think they will do anything. I think DiRT Rally 2 with WRC (Full Calendar)+RX or WRC 8 by Codemasters are the only possibilities to come, if not then we will have again boring Bigben and just another studio. I wrote also a post about another game which i would love to see, if you want then you can join the discussion. ;) http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/60075/idea-for-next-codemasters-rally-game-lets-try-to-do-a-colin-mcrae-game

Bandai Namco is the publisher for Slightly Mad Studios games. BigBen has nothing to do with SMS as far as I know.

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/project-cars-2

...since Paul Coleman has posted about 3D-scanning the new RX Polo. That scan, I'm sure, isn't for nothing, which means rallycross in the next game, which means no official WRC.
That scan was just for the livery from the car: that livery was then applied to the rallycross Polo in game for the DiRT 4 finals. 

personally if I was in place of WRC I would work with codemasters for several reasons

1 because the license is not visible and few people watch the WRC and DIRT could make the license go up to visibilities levels (look with F1 codemasters did a good job now a lot of people replay the F1 game)

2 the RX works fine if WRC joins codemasters he will be able to have more visibilities with the player fans of RX and people will talk and watch more WRC (WRC must learn to share)

3 it may help codemasters to have car brand licenses (for new and old WRCs)

I think WRC needs to understand that the licenses are suffering and that they need help to re-live just like Group B times. and WRC should understand that if we do not hear it, we will not listen to it and we will not see it
it will remain all alone if no one looks at the car brands will stop participating in the competitions (the WTCC syndrome which is transforming WTCR to have more cars because people do not look)

tbtstt said:

...since Paul Coleman has posted about 3D-scanning the new RX Polo. That scan, I'm sure, isn't for nothing, which means rallycross in the next game, which means no official WRC.
That scan was just for the livery from the car: that livery was then applied to the rallycross Polo in game for the DiRT 4 finals. 
Why would they use a 3D-scanner for a livery? Read the string of tweets from Paul, particularly this one:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/1000316916559437826

Why would they need a CAD for a livery? Isn't CAD data for 3d models? I confess I haven't worked with 3D in quite a while, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

tbtstt said:

Why would they use a 3D-scanner for a livery? Read the string of tweets from Paul, particularly this one:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/1000316916559437826

Why would they need a CAD for a livery? Isn't CAD data for 3d models? I confess I haven't worked with 3D in quite a while, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul posted in the DiRTy Gossip thread a couple of days ago (on page 1239). 

@tbtstt I'm wondering about the second part of his post. Sound like they would've gone to Germany to get it, if the alternative had not presented itself. Would they travel to VW in Germany just for a livery? Am I reading too much into the last part of Paul's post?

@tbtstt I'm wondering about the second part of his post. Sound like they would've gone to Germany to get it, if the alternative had not presented itself. Would they travel to VW in Germany just for a livery? Am I reading too much into the last part of Paul's post?
I think you might be... but I hope you're right! :smiley: 

Liveries are created by hand as they have to follow the specific templates created when the DiRT4 Polo was modeled. These scans you see in the picture are for raw 3D data (probably point cloud data) that is converted to a very high poly mesh which then gets retouched and optimized for ingame use.

Edit, for this scan they use this scanner:
https://www.artec3d.com/artec-eva

Areyouben said:
Liveries are created by hand as they have to follow the specific templates created when the DiRT4 Polo was modeled. These scans you see in the picture are for raw 3D data (probably point cloud data) that is converted to a very high poly mesh which then gets retouched and optimized for ingame use.

Edit, for this scan they use this scanner:
https://www.artec3d.com/artec-eva
Although it does say it can gather texture information as well, I do think you're right. That means they 3D scanned the Polo RX. Not good for the WRC by Codemasters theory.

Yeah I saw that on that page as well, pretty nice. It could very well be that they use these scans for livery reference after they unwrap the car models, but it would be a bit strange to do an entire 3D scan just to get reference footage for a livery alone.

Areyouben said:
Yeah I saw that on that page as well, pretty nice. It could very well be that they use these scans for livery reference after they unwrap the car models, but it would be a bit strange to do an entire 3D scan just to get reference footage for a livery alone.
That's what I'm thinking. Then again, if they were going to scan the car properly, wouldn't they have done the interior as well?

No sign of Codemasters on the e3 participating companies list  :

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/alphalist.cfm?alpha=C

Accro2008 said:
No sign of Codemasters on the e3 participating companies list  :

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/alphalist.cfm?alpha=C
Lee Mather has stated he will be at E3 but I’m guessing they’re just showcasing F1 2018.  Not holding much chance of a DiRT related announcement there though. Never say never though

We could maybe see a trailer at another company’s conference like microsoft or sony. But i wouldn’t bet on seeing anything yet. I don’t think they are at that stage yet to show anything. Though I still think they are working on something.

We could maybe see a trailer at another company’s conference like microsoft or sony. But i wouldn’t bet on seeing anything yet. I don’t think they are at that stage yet to show anything. Though I still think they are working on something.
I don't expect anything at E3. Based on what we know now, I'm on the boat of no WRC by Codemasters. They are working on something, but that something is likely DiRT 5 or DiRT Rally 2 and, most likely, will be for next year. BigBen will be at E3 with V-Rally 4. Want to learn more about that game and see it in motion.