Sign in to follow this  

To buy or not to buy ........that is the question.

just wondering who's decided not to buy the latest effort from codies , after a couple of weeks watching videos and reading comments and views ive finally made up my mind not to buy  (have purchased all the others over the last 4 years ).... i just feel that the price ( im on xbox) isnt justified on this years game (or lack of it) . interested in what you guys are doing.......

I just cancelled my preorder. Maybe if they will put more thought into the 2015 title, I might decide to buy it. I'm not holding my breath!

I originally decided to wait and then found a site that wsaselling the game art a price I was willing to pay so decided to buy it it's preloaded onto my system ready to play.

I originally decided to wait and then found a site that wsaselling the game art a price I was willing to pay so decided to buy it it's preloaded onto my system ready to play.

yes it looks like getting it on pc is the best option this year , some say theyve paid between £15-£20 which is nearer the price of DLC which a lot are saying this version ressembles this year.

blew1967 said:

yes it looks like getting it on pc is the best option this year , some say theyve paid between £15-£20 which is nearer the price of DLC which a lot are saying this version ressembles this year.
yeah Shopto are selling it for £21 on download which is probably what this game is worth as it's nothing more than an enlarged DLC really they were a bit slow in giving me my code and it required me having to complain a bit as I wanted to preload it but eventually got their act together and gave me it. I only got that this evening but it's all sorted now and ready to go at midnight.

I'm in the same boat as OP. I've bought all the previous titles and just feel this game is just too little, too late. Reading other posts, I'm shocked to see the same problems as the previous titles back with a vengeance, I've also had enough with the CM mantra of 'accessibility' over good quality racing titles. Can't they see they're alienating there loyal fanbase in the hopes of a few casual sales? With the likes of Project Cars on new Gen just around the corner, I don't really feel I can justify the price on the now out-dated hardware.

I'll hold my breathe and wait for F1 '15 on the newer gen, but unless the new engine shows massive improvements, I  think it's just best for me to let go of my Codemasters' fanyboyism.

Yours truly,
A disappointed fan.

to buy or not to buy? if you wanna buy a 2013 dlc for full price then yeah get it
the same team audio transmissions really just sums up this "game" it's like so easy to change them. 
it's real lack of innovation straight copy paste job i am disgusted in this game really. D: 
seriously i hope codemasters loses the licence and gives it to a developer that actually want to move the series forwards
yeayea theyre developing 2015 game, but they've had years to do that. 

to buy or not to buy? if you wanna buy a 2013 dlc for full price then yeah get it
the same team audio transmissions really just sums up this "game" it's like so easy to change them. 
it's real lack of innovation straight copy paste job i am disgusted in this game really. D: 
seriously i hope codemasters loses the licence and gives it to a developer that actually want to move the series forwards
yeayea theyre developing 2015 game, but they've had years to do that. 
It is not laziness, it cost effectiveness.
They have to pay the guy that does the engineer. If they can re-use what they already have, they will to save money.

TomskiPl said:
TomskiPl said:
Cars modding is death in this game. [*]
Why do you say that?
just check the files
I don´t have it so I can´t check that out.
You mean they are encrypted or something?
look at this, you should know what i mean. http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/mclaren-png.67244/

blew1967 said:
just wondering who's decided not to buy the latest effort from codies , after a couple of weeks watching videos and reading comments and views ive finally made up my mind not to buy  (have purchased all the others over the last 4 years ).... i just feel that the price ( im on xbox) isnt justified on this years game (or lack of it) . interested in what you guys are doing.......
Absolutely not going to buy this years effort. Did not buy 2012 or 13's efforts either. Cm know what they need to do to win me back but will they ever listen? Probably not. Happy to be playing on vintage classic F1 games so I'm not at a loss.

Since PCars was delayed until March next year it seems F1 2014 is the only way to experience an F1 game this year.

I'll buy it full price (£40) today, but I already know that I will be slightly disappointed with a few things after watching various youtubers basically cover all aspects of the game already. Menus/fonts/animations all to similar which doesn't give a fresh enough feel. This pad assists issue sounds like online could be a joke, and they better have made the equal cars actually equal at the first attempt this time. Damn I'm raging already and haven't even played it yet.

I haven't actually bought or played F1 since 2011 version. I was frustrated with the post patch. 3-5 cars dropping out and retiring. Also dropping FP1 and FP2 from 2012 was annoying. 

I have a Xbox. I don't have a setup decent enough to enjoy the game on PC. Although I could run it easily on my machine. 

I believe this will be the last chance for a while to enjoy F1. 

Ive seen positive and negative. I also have a £15 game voucher. Big debate really as to whether to get or not? 

Tourgott said:
Since PCars was delayed until March next year it seems F1 2014 is the only way to experience an F1 game this year.
well you say that but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumdsm8oVCU&list=PLB1diTad95Q0jUBqVayuGR-jFgXxF65o5

$50 on STEAM! Hell no I'm not paying $50.  I will maybe pay $15. That's all it is worth.

Is the mist/dust flickering on PC still there?  They never fixed it for '13!

flickering bug below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qDVrkLR14w

blew1967 said:
just wondering who's decided not to buy the latest effort from codies
Not really interested in this one. Bought '11, '12 & '13 and each one of them has been underwhelming and honestly, felt like the same game. The annoying physic assists the permeate modern Codies racing games are there in full force, making the cars feel very strange, even with a wheel.

The large amount of bugs and basic glitches, that should be have been ironed out during the beta, yet continue to exist for months or throughout the products' life, is terrible and a real poor reflection on Codies.