Jump to content Jump to content

something is seriously wrong here?

wtf.

i mean, how is it possible to make games go backwards when newer games should be a better work?

this is bull.....................

the development of this game (or lack of development) is shocking it is obviously just a stop gap and should not be a full priced release. i think this will be codies least selling f1 title to date.and could possibly affect the sale of f1 2015 on next gen.

i kind of figured good ol f1 2014 would be like this. im skipping this version, i dont care if it lands in the bargain bin by christmas. if project cars rocks i might just forget codies f1 2015, but who knows. by the time they release it i may need a f1 fix with proper tracks this time next year
Definitely something wrong.  I'm a pad user.  I've played this series since 2010. I've always played with all the assists off. 2014 feels like I'm driving on rails. Nothing upsets the balance of the car.  No wheel spin. No over streer. A total bore as no finess is needed to drive this cars like previous years. I understand this might be different for players using wheels. I don't have a wheel.. but I don't want a watered down game with silent assists holding my hand. I played it for about 2 hours and have gone back to 2013 for a real challenge.  What a crying shame. 
Can this be fixed? 
Im on the pad and run no assists, im in the force india in career mode 50% races legend ai, i dont know what you guys are talking about but as soon as you put the car into rich mix you get a lot of wheelspin, so either you guys that get no wheelspin are actually running assists, in the merc or in lean mix, cause i am having to fight the car, and for the people that will say 'oh you must be bad', would someone who is bad at the game finished 8th in a force india on legend? 
Have you played previous years?  Its pretty obvious some artificial assists stay on despite switching them off. There is some serious hand holding going on. 
I can full throttle out of the last corner in Melbourne without a hint of oversteer. As if a stability control was on. 
How thrilling... not 
@hatta I hope you guys are seriously looking into this issue, I haven't even bought the game but my friend has it and been round to play it before work and I was able to just pick up and play (pad) like it was some arcade like game (no assists), how can cars with less down force and more torque actually be easier to drive this year after the only selling point of the new game was the new cars and how the handle, whoever thought to add the pad assists and not give the user the option to have a real simulation really must not care about the hardcore play. I'd love to play on a wheel but my rooms to small to have one set up properly so I feel like players like me aren't cared about.

Glad I didn't buy although I will consider it if patch comes out to address this issue!!!
I agree with the wheels not locking but don't get the traction thing. The traction feels more of a challenge than the previous games to me??? If I try to put the power down without the wheel marginally straight the car plays havoc. Feels fine to me. 
Tambam said:
I agree with the wheels not locking but don't get the traction thing. The traction feels more of a challenge than the previous games to me??? If I try to put the power down without the wheel marginally straight the car plays havoc. Feels fine to me. 
Xbox, traction control off, pad you can slam the acceleration button out of the corner without any problems.
Tourgott said:
Tambam said:
Xbox, traction control off, pad you can slam the acceleration button out of the corner without any problems.
Same; Xbox, TC off, pad, if I slam the acceleration I wouldn't make it around the corner...
gprince said:
Have you played previous years?  Its pretty obvious some artificial assists stay on despite switching them off. There is some serious hand holding going on. 
I can full throttle out of the last corner in Melbourne without a hint of oversteer. As if a stability control was on. 
How thrilling... not 
Yes i have played all games and this is the hardest, what platform are you guys on? Im on the ps3 and as ive said it is pretty hard with rich mix and no assists, still a lot of fun!
Would someone who is bad at the game finished 8th in a force india on legend? 
Yes! You can get a podium at least in a Force India. There are videos on YouTube on decent drivers doing it.
I dont think ive seen someone with no assists, legend ai and full wet conditions finish on the podium in the force india? And if they did im guessing they would be blocking the ai, as the ai dont really make moves on you when they are on the inside 
Would someone who is bad at the game finished 8th in a force india on legend? 
Yes! You can get a podium at least in a Force India. There are videos on YouTube on decent drivers doing it.
I dont think ive seen someone with no assists, legend ai and full wet conditions finish on the podium in the force india? And if they did im guessing they would be blocking the ai, as the ai dont really make moves on you when they are on the inside 
Plus in malaysia it was a dry race, i finished 4th, 8 seconds behind alonso and 16 seconds ahead of vettel, so that was 4th on pace, no holding up or blocking