Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Feedback Thread

Just a question, whats up with the Lotus car on PC versions of f1? :P I mean, my last PC f1 game was 2012, and I couldnt drive the lotus, I was slower in that then I was in the Caterham. And now in 2014 I can't drive the Lotus... I mean, ofc I expect to be slow in a Lotus this year since the car is rubbish, but Im not even near to my team mate pace... 

Boose2k said:
OK, I give up. I've been playing the F1 games since 2010 was released but I can't find anywhere were the setting is for increasing the race distance. I'm playing in full career mode but want to play full race distance but seems set to default of 15 laps. have completed the first GP yet as I spent the last 20 mins trying to find the option. I'm playing the PC version. Anyone help? I can't find any info on the net.
Scratch that, was being stupid. Found the option right where I left in F1 2013

Games is far too easy using a Pad with all assists off. The cars feel like they have a stability control on that never let them spin... even if I drive across grass locking the wheel

F1 2014 quick recension and feedback.

What it is: A solid F1 racing game, the sim/simcade with the best engine sound for F1 cars ever, technically the pinnacle of last gen F1 series games IMO(gfx fast out of box, no glitches, very polished look), A STOP GAP TO F1 2015 - for $50.00???? If I would have received a 50% off voucher for F1 2015 ok, but on pre-purchase only? 

What it is NOT/what it is lacking: it lacks SOUL! There is no meaning to anything, it lacks features of former releases, it STILL has no comeback to 'Live the life'-when will they understand that F1 fascination takes places on AND off the track. Properly implemented would set a nice context for each race if fan, press and team/rival reactions to the racing would find a way back into the game.

We need game lobby options to restrict controls used in online games. Gamepad users have unfair advantages over wheel users. Not an issue or QQ-lets just seperate and all good, shall we? Thanks.

Lastly: Where is the gearbox setup Codies? Is there any non-stupid reason you could name why I cannot setup the length of my transmission cycle? 

MarkVenom said:
F1 2014 quick recension and feedback.

What it is: A solid F1 racing game, the sim/simcade with the best engine sound for F1 cars ever, technically the pinnacle of last gen F1 series games IMO(gfx fast out of box, no glitches, very polished look), A STOP GAP TO F1 2015 - for $50.00???? If I would have received a 50% off voucher for F1 2015 ok, but on pre-purchase only? 

What it is NOT/what it is lacking: it lacks SOUL! There is no meaning to anything, it lacks features of former releases, it STILL has no comeback to 'Live the life'-when will they understand that F1 fascination takes places on AND off the track. Properly implemented would set a nice context for each race if fan, press and team/rival reactions to the racing would find a way back into the game.

We need game lobby options to restrict controls used in online games. Gamepad users have unfair advantages over wheel users. Not an issue or QQ-lets just seperate and all good, shall we? Thanks.

Lastly: Where is the gearbox setup Codies? Is there any non-stupid reason you could name why I cannot setup the length of my transmission cycle? 
Your not up to date  in  '14 Teams have to Choose their gear ratios for ALL Tracks before the Start of the Season. They cannot change gear ratios afterwards. That's Why you can't Change ratios. it's the sort of realism Everybody moans about Codemasters Not Doing it. But when they Do, People dont even get it....
no offence meant

I like how you can talk to other players in the loading screen in multiplayer now, and you can see who is talking on the timing screen

Hello,

I hope @Hatta or someone else from Codemasters Team will read this.

Firstly I would like to say thanks for even creating F1 Games. F1 2014 is an superb game, maybe not worth 50€ but this is not a topic to be discussed, since enough people (including me) are willed to pay for it.

I don't want to discuss things, which can't be included in this game anymore (Paddock, Interviews, etc....).

The things I mention here are some, which I (and maybe others too) want to be in this game. These are (as far as I assume) not that difficult to realize, even though Codemasters is working at F1 2015.

The most important point for me is patching/reworking the difficulties. It's like in the game before. Expert is too easy, Legend too hard. E.g.: ~1:39.200 in Bahrain Q1 is ~ 12th in Marussia on Expert, Last with +1.4 to teammate on Legend. The gap between these difficulties is way too big.

Another one is to make it possible to edit auto-shifting points somehow. For a flying lap, gears are automatically switched too early and too high gears are used in fast corners. Maybe include later shifting in fuel mix 3 for fixing the first problem, or even add an option to the driving aids so that there is the possibility to use only auto-downshifts and manual upshifts as seen in many other racing games/simulations. 

A cool feature would also be an "Overtake-Button", similar to last years KERS for getting some extra boost in return for fuel use or engine wear, or an overall power/acceleration decrease until ERS is charged again.

Also, there should be the possibility to switch engine before or after a weekend, due the lack of FP2 and FP3 engine management has become very difficult.

One last thing would be, i guess in the name of a lot Formula 1 Fans, to remap the Williams, so that each side of the car uses an own section from the texture, we all know why ;).

cheers,
Baseman

The biggest problem with F1 2014 is look and feel of the game. The racing elements is great as ever with tire slip through the corner improved AI etc. but that is it. Any form of immersion as been removed steadily over each of the evolutions with the loss of after race interviews, 3 practices session and now the evaluation system as gone from a young driver test to a single flying lap. Also the fact that you can choose to start you career in a front running team like redbull result in less aspirations and goals. As for the look of the game, the graphics don't seem as sharp as earlier incarnations, the cinematic elements are exactly the same as 2013 as are the news articles and the menu system is still the same old stuff (which I didn't like when it was introduced in the first place). 

Don't get me wrong I love the code master racing games and F1 is top of the bunch. If feels very much that a lot of the changes have been done to meet the demands of the console market which has left is, each year, with something less that we have in the previous release. This is not a pop at console players (before I get mugged) as the more racing fans play these games the better. CM need to look at the evolution of the game and why it's been steadily going backwards, I was disappointed that this year for the first time there feels to be no new elements of removal some of the one we liked.

I have been playing the new game for hours today and I really really like it, although there are a few things that could be fixed in my opinion:
Please note that I drive with a Logitech G27 and all assists disabled.
  1. Handling. Personally I don't think the handling has been improved compared to 2013. I watched videos about the under-construction-version and handling seemed a lot tougher there. Now when I take a Caterham at Bahrain, I can go flat out through the second corner, something you really can't at 2013 - no matter what car you take. Also, please do change the AI assists, they as well have too much traction control.
  2. Tyres. First, lock-ups are basically impossible. No matter how hard I try to brake, I only managed to lock up when I was either off-track or with very worn tyres. Secondly, tyre temperature seems to be very good in this game, but tyre scaling is not enough. I can almost drive a 25% race on options without dropping times.
  3. Cock-pit camera. This is my honest, personal opinion but the cockpit cam is placed way too high. I'm sure one of you devs has taken place in a real F1 cockpit or simulator, so you should know that it is hard to see anything. With the current camera, it appears as a slightly lower T-cam, which is quite unrealistic.
I hope you will consider my feedback; I just try to make the series even better. :smile: 

I have been playing the new game for hours today and I really really like it, although there are a few things that could be fixed in my opinion:
Please note that I drive with a Logitech G27 and all assists disabled.
  1. Handling. Personally I don't think the handling has been improved compared to 2013. I watched videos about the under-construction-version and handling seemed a lot tougher there. Now when I take a Caterham at Bahrain, I can go flat out through the second corner, something you really can't at 2013 - no matter what car you take. Also, please do change the AI assists, they as well have too much traction control.
  2. Tyres. First, lock-ups are basically impossible. No matter how hard I try to brake, I only managed to lock up when I was either off-track or with very worn tyres. Secondly, tyre temperature seems to be very good in this game, but tyre scaling is not enough. I can almost drive a 25% race on options without dropping times.
  3. Cock-pit camera. This is my honest, personal opinion but the cockpit cam is placed way too high. I'm sure one of you devs has taken place in a real F1 cockpit or simulator, so you should know that it is hard to see anything. With the current camera, it appears as a slightly lower T-cam, which is quite unrealistic.
I hope you will consider my feedback; I just try to make the series even better. :smile: 
your post got censored.

codies dont like cocks... cockpits.