Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Feedback Thread

I have noticed that there isn't really a thread for this kind of thing, so I thought I might start.

1. The handling in the game seems to be easier than in 2013, the car feels like it is easier to get into a corner even with lower downforce levels. Then again, I'm playing with a pad

2. I noticed that when I change the brake bias while driving, the animation from last year is still there. This should not be there, and should be changed on the actual steering wheel itself, not the side of the cockpit

3. You can really feel the torque from the car when coming out of the corners, which is really good

4. Monaco has actually been updated in line with what it is like in real life (Yacht Club outside tunnel, T1 kerbs)

Okay, my feedback after playing for a bit over an hour. I'm on PC, I have a G27 wheel and Fanatec Clubsport Pedals. I use no assists and drive in cockpit mode. I've tried out Singapore, Bahrain, Brazil and Abu Dhabi so far. 

1. The handling model is something of a contradiction. On the one hand yes there is a sensation of more torque at times, and maybe a touch more wheelspin than '13. But it still feels easier. The cars are light and very, very pointy. Nimble even. I didn't have many lockups, which is fine as I felt that was over-done in '13.  In spite of the torque and wheelspin I felt like I had the hang of things after a couple of laps. I was driving around Singapore at first which is not a very forgiving track usually and was able to do a 25% race with no mistakes. I quickly went back to 2013 to do a direct comparison and the cars in that feel very heavy and understeery by comparison. So '14 is pleasant to drive, I like it. But is it too easy? Will I get bored in the long run? Hmm.

2. Pretty much everything bar the handling and the liveries are exactly the same as '13. They've just cut out the YDT and the classics. It's true. 

3. It's really weird not having KERS. My hands keep going to hit the KERS button and it's not there. This adds to the sensation of simplicity that you get from the game. Not Codies fault, obviously. Having an 8th gear takes some getting used to, and I suspect the reason some people are getting more wheelspin than me is that they are spending too much time in the lower gears. You need to motor through them pretty quickly. 

4. The steering wheels (bar Red Bull and Williams that are proper ones - though just last year's I think) are atrocious. Very low res, ugly and chunky. I hope the modding community can fix them. Even the digits on the display are blurry. Poor form. 

5. The graphics on the PC are not better at all. They even look slightly jaggier when I back to back '13. 

6. There are quite a lot of little bugs that I have spotted already. In a 25% race I was able to select fresh tyres even though I should have started on the tyres I qualified on. The mirrors are completely messed up - on a 3 screen setup everything is a jaggy, blocky mess. Can't make much out, it's some sort of graphics error - or lazy port of the PS3 version. I had my DRS not always work properly. The racing line doesn't rubber in hardly at all. Worst bug I encountered was my steering going to hell after I used a flashback. 

In summary the handling refinement and livery upgrade is worthwhile, but I think at £30 it's over-priced. Codies could have bought themselves some good will by pricing it a bit less than usual given the limited effort that has clearly gone into it. It also would have been nice to see them put some more authentic features of this year's season in - like for example when you are doing quali laps you can only set a hot lap every second laps as you have to recharge your battery in a cool down lap in between. 

Please fix this Codemasters. Why does it feel like I'm always driving with a Stability control on when all assists are off. 

Logitech Rumblepad 2 is acting weird. I'm having problems configuring the controller.

I'm racing an 25% race in full career with the Toro Rosso (AI Expert). It's a real challenge driving fast without overheating the rear tyres accelerating out of the corner. After three races I'm still struggling with tyre wear, so that's a pitty. I'm racing without assist (only medium TC) and  I'm using the xbox wireless wheel.

Biggest frustration so far: the AI speed in lap 1. The first three races I qualified 16th, 13th and 9th and everytime I made it into top 6(!) after the first lap. That's ridiculous!

hankio said:
Logitech Rumblepad 2 is acting weird. I'm having problems configuring the controller.
I think it's the "Thrustmaster Virus" finally infiltrating the PS3 - you'll need a special "Security Chip" to solve it, but best spend £300 on a Thrustmaster Pad instead. 

I'm not sure if the AI levels have been adjusted but this year (at least in the first race of career) I find Expert AI perfect for me. Last year I was forced to play with Pro AI cause of the excessive tyre wear and generally just being too slow. With a McLaren I qualified 11th 0,060sec behind Button and finished the race 6th.

The Mercedes still have the same car numbers for both cars in the rear view mirrors, and also I noticed that the Ferrari and Red Bull have a green spot over where the car numbers are in the rear view mirror

Ill leave it short and sharp, best codies f1 game ive played, handling, ai are awesome. 
I wouldn't say it's the best but it's a massive improvement on 2013 I can see myself really enjoying the game this year unlike with the 2013 game

Ill leave it short and sharp, best codies f1 game ive played, handling, ai are awesome. 
I wouldn't say it's the best but it's a massive improvement on 2013 I can see myself really enjoying the game this year unlike with the 2013 game
It is the best in MY opinion, and by best i mean pure gameplay, Ai and handling, sure in my opinion 2011 had the best career mode, but career mode or having fun driving the cars? Driving the cars for me!

In real F1 2014, Williams and Toro rosso are faster than CM F1 2014.

Please change Tier.

Tier1:Mercedes,Red bull,Williams,Ferrari

Tier2:Mclaren,Force India,Toro rosso

Tier3:Lotus,Sauber

Tier4:Marussia,Caterham

(or)

And,No tier change during the career season.(from F1 2013)

Please come back F1 2012 spec

Example

Season1 Constructors Result

1Mercedes  2Redbull 3Ferrari 4 Williams 5McLaren 6Force India 7Toro rosso 8Lotus 9Sauber 10Marussia 11Caterham

↓↓↓

Season 2 Tier

Tier1:Mercedes,Redbull,Williams

Tier2:Ferrari,McLaren,Toro rosso

Tier3:Force India,Lotus,Marussia

Tier4:Sauber,Caterham

Having playing Grid Autosport for a long time, I can say that the texture & the track detail doesn't look on part. It look blurry... I play on PC & I have the hardware to push more. The F1 model & car look better than in F1 2013.

Grid Autosport
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/543007514835462250/BE0CD548C92E4798538976476E4104A44EABDED4/

F1 2014
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/543007514835611541/9B9D3CBD6178879D321F52886F0A74C2635896A0/

Except for that the new handling & the rumble strip feel more alive. That alone worth to play F1 2014. Car animation & rain effect look more realistic & better.

Objects seen in side mirrors on PC are so blocky, just like 1980's Atari. It was not like this in 2013. Even on max settings, please fix

Yeah the handling is good but all up I'm not finding it that different really. I think I was always conservative on the throttle though so maybe it suits me. 

I agree with the mirror bug on the PC. Also the racing line doesn't rubber in at all for me, which is a big disappointment as it did in F1 2013. 

Also there seems to be a gap between the quali pace and the race pace of the AI. They are slow in quali and quite quick in the race. 

Really enjoying it. Been running a few practice laps to get used to the new cars and the extra gear. I keep instinctively reaching for the KERS button when exiting slow corners which of course is no longer there. What's the ruling with the gear settings, can you only set them once at the beginning of the season?

New to the forums, but have been playing CM's F1 games since 2010. I have to say this is the most disappointing installment so far. The handling on a pad is a joke, I play with all assists off for a reason, I think codies are alienating their core audience by trying to make the game more accessible to new users

playing on the ps3 with a wheel and cannot get over how much different the cars handle,no tc so have to be so carefull when exiting slow turns,graphics are good for ps3 and framerates seem ok.playing on expert and races seem good,but it is ture the ai seem faster in race than in qual.

OK, I give up. I've been playing the F1 games since 2010 was released but I can't find anywhere were the setting is for increasing the race distance. I'm playing in full career mode but want to play full race distance but seems set to default of 15 laps. have completed the first GP yet as I spent the last 20 mins trying to find the option. I'm playing the PC version. Anyone help? I can't find any info on the net.

New to the forums, but have been playing CM's F1 games since 2010. I have to say this is the most disappointing installment so far. The handling on a pad is a joke, I play with all assists off for a reason, I think codies are alienating their core audience by trying to make the game more accessible to new users

There were some threads about the game being too difficult for people.  So Codies listened to those people and made it easier.  The gamble Codies took is that there are more casual pad racers than "hardcore".  Unfortunately, for people like myself either need to get a wheel or up the difficulty.

OGFedfan said:

There were some threads about the game being too difficult for people.  So Codies listened to those people and made it easier.  The gamble Codies took is that there are more casual pad racers than "hardcore".  Unfortunately, for people like myself either need to get a wheel or up the difficulty.
I can appreciate that, it's just frustrating for people like us who don't have a wheel, and I can't up the difficulty any more. I think there should be an option to turn 'refined handling' off or something like that, I'll be upgrading to xbox one soon, so don't really wanna splash out on a wheel for the 360