Sign in to follow this  

Fastest lap ever in F1 2017 (PC)?

Hello Guys, 
It is my WORLD RECORD lap in Monza with my setup included which I hope helps you! :)
This is the fastest track of the calendar, and I have the World Record in Time Trial (PC) which must be the fastest lap with "non-upgraded" cars :) 
Enjoy! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRptv_QhBzU

You cut the first part of the second chicane. Still a damn good lap though.

Riggy said:
You cut the first part of the second chicane. Still a damn good lap though.

It's legal to do that for everyone in the game though, so not an unfair advantage. You can do the same thing.

The game also gives you penalties for putting wheels on curbs you're allowed to use. Awful programming doesn't change the fact that it's technically an illegal lap. Any decent league would dsq a lap like that in qualifying.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

@Riggy
We can call it illegal, yes, but it's not a huge cut. Sometimes even in real life pilots go wide (ex. Silverstone qualy) and they dont get DSQ instantly. I did not really win time with that, because again, I had to lower my speed to not get a penalty... if I carry the max I can, it would have been invalid. 

Riggy said:
The game also gives you penalties for putting wheels on curbs you're allowed to use. Awful programming doesn't change the fact that it's technically an illegal lap. Any decent league would dsq a lap like that in qualifying.

According to the game it isn't, which is all that matters. And it's still the same for everyone.

You make it sound like he's the only one on the leaderboard who took it like that, which would be far from the truth.

Riggy said:

If you wanted some nazi cutting rules, try Project CARS 2