Sign in to follow this  

The Insane traction/grip is also on keyboard not just pad

The insane traction/grip issue is not just on pads but on keyboard controls too (for the few people like myself, who use it).

I am using Very Hard at the moment with custom keyboard controls (because I prefer the arrow keys to drive and Shift/Control to change gears) and the grip is insane !
I can just go flat-out throttle on every corner and not get ANY wheelspin at all.

As soon as I set the "Override device type" to "Wheel" instead of "Off" you get mountains of wheelspin like you are supposed to.

Is a patch incoming ?

I'm also with keyboard, and driving with traction control "medium" with little to no difficulty.

Uhm, turn assists off? :wink: 

Some people like me prefer keyboard to a wheel. Simply because it's fun to drive that way (and yes, not realistic, but it is a game). In all previous F1 games from CM I needed full TC as with keys the input is always 100% or 0%. So I was surprised to find with 2014 that medium also worked fine.

Considdering the other complaints about way to much grip, it might be a bug where reduced driver assists don't work as they should.

Mmm, just tried turning TC off fully with keys, and no problem whatsoever, so seems to be a bug. Somehow the level of assist is not changing along with the settings.

I dont think its assist tbh, just out of interest with wheel set the "override input device" to pad and rear grip changed completely, got barely any wheelspin, while settings it at wheel got huge wheelspin even with 4th gear out of corners.

Also did compare wheel vs pad, and handling is totally different beetween those. I hardly ever play with pad & still was able to beat my laptimes done with wheel by 1s+ when using pad. So dedicated pad users surely benefits even more from it.

Yep, just as in 2013, it actually seems like 2014 is even worse for the hidden pad assists...  the TC assist seems to be enhanced much more like you say, which will give pad users a huge boost.  Maybe you can set the same fastest laps between the two, but it'll be so much easier to be consistent with a pad, and you'll see less rear tire wear over a race for sure, not to mention the advantage is even more severe in the wet...   I don't understand why codies can't separate the assist out from the input dampening the pads/keyboard actually need.  There is already a TC assist and a steering assist option, move them there and let the user decide!

This whole thread is futile tho, this issue has been raised multiple times for 2013, and suggested for 2014, @hatta has seen the suggestions we had, and he replied denying that there is any assist at all.  Now that the assist's presence is far more obvious due to the new tail happy cars, it's kind of hard to deny that it's there...