Jump to content Jump to content

Grid Autosport or F1 2014

I know it's difficult to compare since one's an F1 game and the other isn't. However, they're both racing titles. And since PCARS has been delayed again to earliest March 31st, 2015. I'm curious as to people's thoughts now. Would you rather have Grid Autosport or F1 2014? Grid Autosport got great reviews, generally scoring in the high 80's, whereas F1 2014 scored around 60. Do you need fresh content like Grid Autosport and not a recycled game like F1 2014? Or would you rather have F1 2014 b/c it's still an F1 game? Remember, F1 2014 is currently more expensive since it's just out and you would have to pay full price, whereas Grid Autosport's been out now for 4 months and the price has gone down some and is a more fully developed game at this point. And for those of you who have both, which AI do you prefer? Curious to know your thoughts. I'm a devil and pitting CM games against each other >:) Cheers!

I'm aware that I might get a totally different response if I posted this thread on the Grid Autosport forum.
Though if you still have to purchase it, it comes down to want you want, only F1, or mixed racing gameplay. I'm a huge F1 fan, and don't like many other categories of racing. So for me it would always be the F1 game.

Which one is a question though. I didn't like F1 2013 because of the extreme tyre degradation compared to AI. So I pretty much returned to 2012. If 2014 is similar to 2013 or has other problems I might return to 2012 now as well.
Despite the many flaws of the F1 series, I always find it the most exciting racing game to play. I would probably give Forza or Grid AS a better review than F1 2013 for example, yet still played F1 2013 10 times more than any other racing title. I guess it's partly due to the fantastic community and the speed/intensity of the racing.
if I had to choose betweemn one or the other F1 would win because I'm mostly an F1 fan not a general motorsport fan although I do watch and play other motorsport games as well such as Autosport. As for the AI after the couple of hours or so I played with 2014 last night before going to bed doing short 5 lap races. I've found the 2 AI's very similar the main difference is the F1 AI is slightly less aggressive than Autosport's and  that it won't barge you off the track like 2013 will to get through. Having said that though if you do make a mistake and there's a car on you it will pounce so you definitely have to keep your wits about you out there on the 2014 game. I haven't done any long races with pitstops yet but I'm saving those for when I get my career underway
sjsharp2010 said:
the F1 AI is slightly less aggressive than Autosport's and  that it won't barge you off the track like 2013 will to get through.
I never have a problem with the AI in 2013. I play with the True-to-Life-AI mod which makes them more intelligent and more aggressive, yet they never crash into me. Perhaps it's because I learned to keep my speed very comparable to them through corners and such. This is also the reason why I'm not compelled to run out and buy 2014, along with the reviews I've read.
For value for money, I think GRID Autosport was worth the £38 because of the discipline of cars that you have and I just think the handling model is amazing for what is running on nearly a decade-old hardware. But the F1 games are great because it focuses on the unique elements of these cars that make this championship as exciting as it is. But because of the reduced amount of features and what I believe to be simplified handling, I think this years game was overpriced - especially since its on Xbox 360, will be out of date next month, and they are asking for more around March next year. 
I know it's difficult to compare since one's an F1 game and the other isn't. However, they're both racing titles. And since PCARS has been delayed again to earliest March 31st, 2015. I'm curious as to people's thoughts now. Would you rather have Grid Autosport or F1 2014? Grid Autosport got great reviews, generally scoring in the high 80's, whereas F1 2014 scored around 60. Do you need fresh content like Grid Autosport and not a recycled game like F1 2014? Or would you rather have F1 2014 b/c it's still an F1 game? Remember, F1 2014 is currently more expensive since it's just out and you would have to pay full price, whereas Grid Autosport's been out now for 4 months and the price has gone down some and is a more fully developed game at this point. And for those of you who have both, which AI do you prefer? Curious to know your thoughts. I'm a devil and pitting CM games against each other >:) Cheers!

I'm aware that I might get a totally different response if I posted this thread on the Grid Autosport forum.
Big big difference here.

If you are into a generic motorsport game GA is great (apart from the killer save game bugs). Plus GA has the opewheel discipline which includes indy cars, not completely dissimilar to F1, and lots of cars of different speeds/performance/which makes the game more accessible. If I wanted a generic racing game GA would win hands down. But now I would probably wait for the complete edition, which I guess will be available within a couple of months plus the season pack stuff.

F1 is great if you don't already have an F1 game, or you are nuts about F1 and want the latest cars/tracks. It has much less variety than GA. Saying that I would not buy F1 14 because I think F1 13 Complete Edition is available now at £15. This has 4 extra tracks, plus the classic  cars. I bought this at £20, and it has much more playability for me, plus most of the bugs are fixed in the complete edition. The downside of F1 13 is that if you are a casual racer or have some limitation it is hard to drive. Personally though I like it. The handling is challenging, and so long as you are prepared to practice this can be dealt with. Sounds like the wheel experience is much better on F1 14, but I don't know about this.

If you've just bought a PS3/360, within a couple of months my guess is you'll be able to pick up GA complete, F1 2013 completeand Dirt 3 complete for under £50 quid in total. A bargin if you ask me.
dirt3joe said:
If I wanted a generic racing game GA would win hands down. But now I would probably wait for the complete edition, which I guess will be available within a couple of months plus the season pack stuff.

If you've just bought a PS3/360, within a couple of months my guess is you'll be able to pick up GA complete, F1 2013 completeand Dirt 3 complete for under £50 quid in total. A bargin if you ask me.

No, lol. I already own F1 2010-2013 and have been in these CM forums since 2011. I've owned PS3, 360 and currently playing on maxed out gaming pc(already sold off my PS3 and 360) with wheel & pedal. I will not be buying 2014 but am very interested in buying GAS. My only concern is that I still play 2013 alot and fear I won't even have time to play GAS. But what do you mean by GAS complete edition, which you guess will be out in a couple months? Will they be including all their DLC packs into one complete game purchase?
dirt3joe said:
If I wanted a generic racing game GA would win hands down. But now I would probably wait for the complete edition, which I guess will be available within a couple of months plus the season pack stuff.

No, lol. I already own F1 2010-2013 and have been in these CM forums since 2011. I've owned PS3, 360 and currently playing on maxed out gaming pc(already sold off my PS3 and 360) with wheel & pedal. I will not be buying 2014 but am very interested in buying GAS. My only concern is that I still play 2013 alot and fear I won't even have time to play GAS. But what do you mean by GAS complete edition, which you guess will be out in a couple months? Will they be including all their DLC packs into one complete game purchase?
I'd guess that's what he's referring to yes
dirt3joe said:

--

Sorry, pure speculation on my part.

CM have not announced any "complete edition" of GA yet. But they did so for Dirt3, Grid 2 (reloaded), and F1 13, which all had DLC. So it's reasonable to expect that a "complete edition" may well appear at some stage in the future. Since the PS3/XBOX 360 userbase is dwindling fast, I guess they will do this sooner rather than later. On the other hand maybe GA has not sold enough for them to feel a complete edition is worthwhile. They're not going to tell us of course ..

Of course the downside of waiting is that while you wait the online community moves onto other things, so if online is your thing maybe better to move now.

For me GA is a great game by the way and offers good value at £30, either in normal or in any hypothetical complete editions. I spent over 100 hours playing it. for balance, save game bugs have been annoying for many (see grid Forums).
sjsharp2010 said:
the F1 AI is slightly less aggressive than Autosport's and  that it won't barge you off the track like 2013 will to get through.
I never have a problem with the AI in 2013. I play with the True-to-Life-AI mod which makes them more intelligent and more aggressive, yet they never crash into me. Perhaps it's because I learned to keep my speed very comparable to them through corners and such. This is also the reason why I'm not compelled to run out and buy 2014, along with the reviews I've read.
well  I've never liked Ai too aggressive a it tends to get me frustrated and just feels stupid which is kind of why I've only erally had one go at career mode on 2013,. 2014's Ai is much better and more considerate.