Jump to content Jump to content

Will GRID Autosport have V8 Supercars??

I'm delighted with this news Codies that you have listened to what your fans have been telling you for a long time now and have decided to address all the problems with GRID 2 in the form of releasing GRID Autosport. It seems the intent here is to take the game back to its ToCA roots and that's just awesome. I have just one question: Will we FINALLY see the return of Australia's V8 Supercar category that we last saw in ToCA 3? ? 
If they do it'll be part of the touring car/Endurance sections I'd imagine.I think there's a good chance of it given they are looking at and using some of their older games for inspiration it seems. I cannot be certain of course but that's my feeling right now based on what I've seen and read
  • 3 weeks later...
APR193 said:
Which liveries? All of them or are they all fantasy liveries?
The codies guys on the forums have ignored all questions about real life liveries so I reckon we are only going to have the same handful of liveries throughout the entire game
This game isn't released yet. They might still be trying to chase licences. They have not announced every track yet either.
APR193 said:
Which liveries? All of them or are they all fantasy liveries?
The codies guys on the forums have ignored all questions about real life liveries so I reckon we are only going to have the same handful of liveries throughout the entire game
This game isn't released yet. They might still be trying to chase licences. They have not announced every track yet either.
Yes but they don't ignore questions about tracks. Look through the forums and you'll notice a few topics have come up and questions asked by a number of people which are just ignored. Why would they want to pay for real life liveries when they can make their own and get companies to pay them for putting their logos in the game? I never said there won't be real life liveries, but I'll be surprised if there is.
Does it really matter about the liveries? It is not like its a specifically licensed game like formula one plus it fits in with the career mode.

For the amount it would cost and lost as mentioned already, it is hardly worth it at all.
There probably won't be real life liveries because I think Forza have that aspect down pact.
The only livery I can see any cross over with is the Oakley BTCC Audi if it's in game.
While it's a bit of a shame there probably won't be any I think the only livery I'd like to drive is that Valvoline Volvo.
Give it some jandal!
Factory team liveries could happen (ala the Chevy Cruze in G2) but usually real life liveries tend not to happen in Grid unless you make them. That said, I've had no problem making liveries for whoever I want to race as in Grid thus far - it's all unlocking the sponsor graphic.
  • 2 weeks later...

Awww HELL YEAH!! :D

As to the liveries, I dont see it being a problem. Codemasters had liveries based on the actual liveries for V8 Supercars on the 3 ToCA games so I don't see why this situation would be any different. This is awesome. What we are going to have it would seem is a current gen version of ToCA and this is what myself and many others wanted GRID 2 to be. I Can't wait to play this game.

EffOne said:

Awww HELL YEAH!! :D

As to the liveries, I dont see it being a problem. Codemasters had liveries based on the actual liveries for V8 Supercars on the 3 ToCA games so I don't see why this situation would be any different. This is awesome. What we are going to have it would seem is a current gen version of ToCA and this is what myself and many others wanted GRID 2 to be. I Can't wait to play this game.

V8 probably doesnt have official liveries. Liveries needs to be licensed separately with racing series. I think Codemasters only licensed the cars from Ford and Holden, not the racing series V8 Supercars. It is known that V8 Supercars is a fairly expensive series to be licensed in a game.

V8s are probably gonna go with fictional liveries.

it's all about the money re liveries. Of course programmers wants a piece of the cake for adding a certain companys logo to a "fictional car"
We haven't ignored anything, sometimes things do get missed though, especially at busy times. All liveries are fantasy based :)
Loore said:
it's all about the money re liveries. Of course programmers wants a piece of the cake for adding a certain companys logo to a "fictional car"
We haven't ignored anything, sometimes things do get missed though, especially at busy times. All liveries are fantasy based :)

Thanks for replying to the thread, Loore. It's a shame that the actual V8 Supercar liveries won't be on the cars as was done for the 3 ToCA games but hey, at least they're gonna be in there.   :-bd