Jump to content Jump to content

Wheel configuration...

Hi people,

Enjoying the game so far....... Just having a problem setting up my Logitech wheel, it seems the linearity and saturation are different this year as the setup i now have is different to last year, i don't use any assists. Anyone got an idea on a decent wheel setup? Cheers!! BTW doing my career in the Lotus, and what a piece of poo it is LOL!! :P
Also struggling with my fanatec elite wheel, I've used 330 degrees for the last 2 games but the car feels really to slow to turn in and I need to put lots of lock in to make the apex of a corner, I'm currently using 300 as it feels a little more responsive but the ffb feels really weird this year to, way to light to start then loads up really heavy then almost nothing. Any wheel users that care to share there settings? Why havent codies put up recommended settings for all wheels yet?
Hammy are you playing on PC or a console? 

On my PC I use the Logitech Profiler.  Force Feedback slider at 100%, all the rest of the sliders at zero, untick all boxes except for the bottom one. Set the wheel to 278 degrees of rotation (or your preference).  Then leave the in-game settings as default.

If its on ps3 or xbox then I have no idea.
NickDahy said:

On my PC I use the Logitech Profiler.  Force Feedback slider at 100%, all the rest of the sliders at zero, untick all boxes except for the bottom one. Set the wheel to 278 degrees of rotation (or your preference).  Then leave the in-game settings as default.

I'm on PS3 using a Logitech Driving Force Pro.... It's just the setup is very different this year.......... The settings i had for 2012 and 2013 were identical, but this year i have had to imput much more saturation and linearity than before....... Liking the game so far, not sure what all the negative comments are about re the handling and AI, to me it's good!! :) This Lotus is a laugh LOL!!!! :open_mouth: 
NickDahy said:

I'm on PS3 using a Logitech Driving Force Pro.... It's just the setup is very different this year.......... The settings i had for 2012 and 2013 were identical, but this year i have had to imput much more saturation and linearity than before....... Liking the game so far, not sure what all the negative comments are about re the handling and AI, to me it's good!! :) This Lotus is a laugh LOL!!!! :open_mouth: 
That's good that you figured it out!  Yeah I agree I just started a Career in the Force India and even that car without upgrades is a real handful.  I don't know if I will be able to make it into the points!  In last yrs game I would probably make a podium if not win haha.  I think career mode is going to be way more enjoyable this yr around :)
NickDahy said:
NickDahy said:

That's good that you figured it out!  Yeah I agree I just started a Career in the Force India and even that car without upgrades is a real handful.  I don't know if I will be able to make it into the points!  In last yrs game I would probably make a podium if not win haha.  I think career mode is going to be way more enjoyable this yr around :)
Yep totally agree career looks much more interesting in terms of good racing!!! :) I qualified last in the first race and i consider myself a fast racer!!! :blush:   Even the calender is better with the new 2 races at Austria and Russia......... and glad Korea and India are not around... i hated India..... you really had to overdrive the track to get a good result!!

I Have a real problem finding my settings on my TS500RS F1, on the PC.

The default settings is 2% on steering deadzone. rest at 0%

And i have tried to change both saturation and lineraity, either it is way to fast or way too slow. Any help from you guys would be apperciated.

Have played F12010-F12013, With no problems whatsoever. It really kills the gameplay, when you dont have the correct settings

eriknaa said:

I Have a real problem finding my settings on my TS500RS F1, on the PC.

The default settings is 2% on steering deadzone. rest at 0%

And i have tried to change both saturation and lineraity, either it is way to fast or way too slow. Any help from you guys would be apperciated.

Have played F12010-F12013, With no problems whatsoever. It really kills the gameplay, when you dont have the correct settings

I have the same wheel and encountered the same problems at first. After a bit of experimenting I found these settings to work well for me:

Steering deadzone: 2%
Saturation: 45%
Linearity: 30%

Linearity at 30% makes for a very stable behavior on straights. Saturation needs to me adjusted according to a feeling of oversteering or understeering. Oversteering: reduce saturation
Understeering: increase saturation

Obviously, everbody will have a different taste and driving style, so this may only be useful as starting ground ...