Sign in to follow this  

Race Driver: Grid Remastered/10 years anniversary

It has been said many times in this forum but now its the right moment for this remastered..
Look at Burnout Paradise Remastered that is gonna be released on May for consoles and later for PC.. Its an epic racing game of 2008 like Grid 1.. And people are waiting it like hungry dogs... I am sure it will sell very well , why not to do the same Codemasters now you have not other game in plans (exepting the too arcade On Rush that has different target group) and your latest Dirt 4 is abandoned almost since release date? And no any announcement for any new Grid - Toca game..
Thats the right time for this Codies! :D :p B)
  • Agree 1

I guess the issue would be licenses like Toyota not being so readily available.

I'd like a new ToCA Race Driver more than another GRID, needs some heart/plot to go with the whizzy graphics.

I'm not a fan of re-releases & re-makes & re-masters & recycled games. Innovation & quality have been stagnant or sinking for too long. I'm ready to move forward with new gaming experiences instead of repeating the same old stale rehashed & remixed leftovers. I'm not looking to pay again for old games I already bought & played.

Operator1 said:

I'm not a fan of re-releases & re-makes & re-masters & recycled games. Innovation & quality have been stagnant or sinking for too long. I'm ready to move forward with new gaming experiences instead of repeating the same old stale rehashed & remixed leftovers. I'm not looking to pay again for old games I already bought & played.

I am not fun too but in Grid 1 i could make a exeption..  Also i dont see that Codemasters are gonna offer us a new Grid or Toca game like old ones or at least like Grid Autosport so i would like a remastered Grid 1..

I am absolutely for it.. a remastered GRID will make us forget all the disappointment of the modern racing video games.. Unfortunately, it is kinda difficult because of the licenses..
Personally, and after a lot of experience around racing video games, I can confidentially say that Race Driver : Grid is best racing game ever developed and probably will remain! It is true its handling is a bit arcady, it's true its graphic is outdated, but the charm it has is unique!

I totaly agree with the author of this topic. Race driver Grid (1) was amazing. You should resell it to a new public. The new generation of young players is not aware of the wealth from this firt opus.

^^ I'm with you guys (as you know) although I'm not sure how likely it is.  It might be just as feasible to develop a whole new game, with updated graphics, tracks and cars, yet as true to GRID as possible.  Also, there are GRID fans who want changes contradictory to what other groups want.  Like tuning.  To me that's nearly a deal breaker, simplicity being key and plenty of other racing games being available for that aspect of racing.  It's all about the race.  Let the Race Driver do his thing, and the engineers and wrenches do theirs.  And the handling.  Should it be more realistic, or retain the original game's niche in the zone closer to sim, but more accessible  (My keyboard seems to have let some keys go on spring break.  Sorry)  There's more, but my tine seems to be up.

we need a new 4k Gen title in the spirit of "racing driver/grid 1" which includes the best of those offerings : proper off line career. grid 1 style online with free collisions, chat. subscriber model so servers are paid for.
decent range of real world tracks and cars. 
pick up and play code masters handling. no tuning.

Operator1 said:

I agree with that. I never by remasters anyway because they're never really the same. I've always liked the grid series and rather controversially preferred it over the dirt series really. So I'd love to atleast see one more addition to the series. 

Disregard any comments on the fact the game was a bit arcadey. By far it had the most realistic damage system any racing game had you were constantly on your toes one mistake could truly change your whole race for the more advanced players who never used flashbacks and ro be totally honest i was a huge grid fan and grid 2 and autosport were a bit tacky they never had the same feel to it. Now i so hope codemasters reads this part very much doubt it but jere we go. The new grid 2019 i was dying for this to come out honestly couldnt wait it looked spectacular then i started watching some videos and it has a crappy damage system how can a game thats 10 years old provide us with everything from poppin tyres to losing spoilers doors bonnets and boots to a complete write off or races where you are literally draggin the car over the line .i also heard youse dont want a wreckfest feel for the game but yet you give us a need for speed feel where we dont need to be cautious of walls barriers or even other drivers which in real life all have major effects. I decided not to buy the new grid as i know it will let me down if your going to do anything remake grid the most authentic racing game feel ever a true passion so many people would love this game i can only imagine what the graphics would be like now as they were incredible for there time .

if they will do that, i make a bet will be with something missing that will screw up the remake also… they should reopen servers and make 1.4patch with just some improvments… 

btw i like the idea and i dream the same remake 

To be honest, i lost any hope for them to make a good game... All i left with negativity and anger...

I also lost interest in any game they made since GAS...

It comes something like this:

someone Hey , new game from Codemastets will came out soon, I am so hyped!!

me meh, i know its going to be bad...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

To be honest, i lost any hope for them to make a good game... All i left with negativity and anger...

To be honest, I didn't play GRID since NFS Heat is out (and I've just finished it). Game is dead and Seasons won't be enough to bring back people.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Slightly agree with you. Dirt Rally 1 was excellent and (once content from this game was added) Dirt Rally 2.0 wasn't too bad either - but the rest I can quite easilly do without. Personally I'd like to see Codemasters go back a little further and consider a TOCA reboot or even a from scratch GT3 racer because although Racedriver Grid was pretty decent, with the introduction of muscle/street racing (the first indications of Codemasters' obsession with Americanising their games) and less importance with it's TOCA origins it felt a little bit too console-esque for my liking. Probably the first game where Codemasters decided upon this 'little bits and pieces of everything' multi-event approach that to this day they still insist upon. 

With SMS once hinting about a straight up GT game and no indication as to what Project Cars 3 actually is (or if it even exists), now that Codemasters have acquired that sinking ship it wouldn't surprise me if this whole Grid nonsense is completely dropped in favour of a return to something similar to the original TOCA game. But there again maybe not because the one thing Codemasters don't want to do of late is sell you a full and complete game (something they would have to do with TOCA / GTR) from the off. If their is a way to exploit with multiple overpriced DLC's and pointless gimmicks then that seems to be the route to take.  

I'm a huge fan of RD GRID but I vote NO. I want new stuff. It would be good to repeat its career and touge mode but not the whole game. I played it already. Why the hell should I play it again?

7 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I'm a huge fan of RD GRID but I vote NO. I want new stuff. It would be good to repeat its career and touge mode but not the whole game. I played it already. Why the hell should I play it again?

multiplayer Worth it, the only one that allow you to chat, race, spectate… was never boring… i remember years ago was possible to play 3 o 4 hours consecutive and never get bored, Touring, drift, demoderby… main lobby list was alway poplated, top lobbies on list Always full… people from all over the world with regular steam (and other versions) and nothing regional restriction..

I played single player only twice i think… the game was so good online, after grid1 the VOID, nothing. So if a remastered 1:1 copy will ever come, i think a lot of people would buy it just to relive old best action and gameplay…