Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2014 career ps3

ok well for starters I've joined Mercedes in career legend AI I've got a problem in melbourne first sector im good 2nd sector I'm good but third sector I drop like 1 to 1 and a half seconds it's not me cause Im doing it pefect I just don't see how I'm so Dosent matter what car it's the exact same I'm getting really anoyed! I tryes turning the difulculty to expert but I flogged them in qualy. 
Yeah it seems like the AI have massive grip.  I think they are coded to have traction control, but you as a user have to balance the throttle so much around that last corner.

But yes I notice that too, everyone is seeing it, you are not the only one. I saw a thread from Hatta that said they are looking into it.  They also brake way too early into the first corner at Melbourne.
Yeah there is definitely some time needed to be gained by setup, it will be interesting to see how the ai fair at the rest of the tracks.  In the wet is going to be super hard as well.  I did a full wet quali session in Monaco...... now talk about difficult.........

Hi 

I haven't played 2014 yet but i have a lot of experience with melbourne.... Know the track from G. Crammonds GP3/4 , drove Codies10-13...

Melbourne it's typical to loose a lot of time in third sector when your fast in the first 2. You have to compromise. What your faster in 1 and 2 you'll loose in the third... actually that's very realistic, I've heard that in interviews with drivers as well. So it seems Codies did it real well..... just try more rear wing.... look at your sector times... it's better to be slow in the first 2 sectors and then make it up in the third than the other way round.... anyway just my experience....hope that helps....not sure ,  though

edit:

If the game only had telemetry....in GP3/4 you could exactly see where you loose the time and why...oh how I miss the good ole days....

Murax said:

Hi 

I haven't played 2014 yet but i have a lot of experience with melbourne.... Know the track from G. Crammonds GP3/4 , drove Codies10-13...

Melbourne it's typical to loose a lot of time in third sector when your fast in the first 2. You have to compromise. What your faster in 1 and 2 you'll loose in the third... actually that's very realistic, I've heard that in interviews with drivers as well. So it seems Codies did it real well..... just try more rear wing.... look at your sector times... it's better to be slow in the first 2 sectors and then make it up in the third than the other way round.... anyway just my experience....hope that helps....not sure ,  though

I actually had this problem in 2013. It's to do with your setup, like you say. I believe it's like that IRL as well, so I agree.
Gui1 said:
so it is not me. i'm in a lotus and i'm about 4 seconds slower than the pole position. caterhams and marussias are faster than me. 
I'm in a Sauber mate, and I ended up holding a queue of the chiltons and ericsons behind, and Sutil too for 16th place, losing 3 seconds a lap to Bianchi ahead. The game handling is extremely tough in career, I guess mainly down to not having the upgrades compared to the original car... whereas online with equal cars I found it much much easier. Loving the challenge though, will see how Malaysia goes tomorrow. I have a spirit indestructible!  
So I suppose i test in practice I will just restart career 
Yes, that's one way...but don't restart career. it's things like this you have to learn in your first year. So go with it, it's part of the learing curve as they say. It makes the carreer mode more realistic. Next season Melbourne you will be top notch....you can't restart in real life too. That adds to the Immersion..just my thoughts, but i found the game to be far more fun that way. Good luck
ForMurax said:
So I suppose i test in practice I will just restart career 
Yes, that's one way...but don't restart career. it's things like this you have to learn in your first year. So go with it, it's part of the learing curve as they say. It makes the carreer mode more realistic. Next season Melbourne you will be top notch....you can't restart in real life too. That adds to the Immersion..just my thoughts, but i found the game to be far more fun that way. Good luck
 I don't think its fun when you start on the 20th place, passes 12 cars and goes up to 8th in the first lap and then hold 14 cars behind you for more than 30 laps.