Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Wheel Spin with Little Throttle

I've been getting a lot of wheel spin but only at certain turns such as the last turn on Melbourne and Suzuka for example. No matter how much throttle is used or what gear I am I always get a lot of wheel spin. I think the wheel spin is a little over powering in this game. In GameStockCar Extreme there is also a lot of wheel spin however it feels a bit more controllable. What are your thoughts?

By the way if your having problems with the racing wheel like i did on pc turn on vsync because its a glitch brought over from f1 2013. 

I read some posts that indicate wheelspin can be minimized by lean fuel setting.  Worth a try to switch prior to the problem corners and see what happens.

I get the same using a g27 wheel. This game and 2013, I cant seem to go past 10-20% throttle sometimes without wheelspin. Something feels off.

Edit: actually, looking in the devices settings, I was having a few presses on the pedal and sometimes it jumped to 100% without me being anywhere near putting that amount of pressure on. My pedals might be a bit dirty/broke.

Lean fuel does have a massive effect on the traction in this year's game mostly because you're sending a lot less torque to the rear compared to the higher mixes. It was there last year too but with this year's cars having so much more torque, slow long corners like the ones in Melbourne and Suzuka are going to be tricky at best to get right.

Also rich mix on used option tyres really does spin the rears. You have to feather the throttle which sometimes is detrimental to your overall pace. 

totally agree!! it is too much wheel spin!! for me i enjoy the speed father than real, so i turned on Traction Control at MID when i played F1 2013, but in 2014 it is just too spin that i cannot control it.... however i turn TC to FULL is too stupid.... it become never spin, can codemasters please make a change at TC MID setting?? for pro racer of cause they can turn it all off, but for those like me want a bit of speed n real, i would like the 2013 TC MID settting back!!

totally agree!! it is too much wheel spin!! for me i enjoy the speed father than real, so i turned on Traction Control at MID when i played F1 2013, but in 2014 it is just too spin that i cannot control it.... however i turn TC to FULL is too stupid.... it become never spin, can codemasters please make a change at TC MID setting?? for pro racer of cause they can turn it all off, but for those like me want a bit of speed n real, i would like the 2013 TC MID settting back!!

Aww, do you want CM to come and tuck you in and kiss you goodnight as well? Bless.

wheel spin much more in career mod specialy first saison ... but in grand prix mod not much..!!!!!

Can i just ask you guys what wheel and pedals you guys are using? I have a logitech DFGT and I think its because the wheel doesn't work well with this game. As you guys may know already there are glitches when using vysnc off and using a logitech wheel. So maybe its to do with that?

They're gonna dumb it down with a patch aren't they?

Just like they did with the engines in 2012.

They made a great driving model that emulates driving a high powered open wheeler and now they're gonna dumb it down because of the vocal minority that want an arcade game.

Sick.

TheHemps said:

They made a great driving model that emulates driving a high powered open wheeler and now they're gonna dumb it down because of the vocal minority that want an arcade game.

Sick.
Dumb it down? There is a thing called traction control and very easy mode, this game can't get dumbed down anymore. What we are talking about here is the fact the throttle doesn't feel right and could be due to vysnc or fps glitches or just simply issues with comparability with the logitech wheels since there have been several issues in the past and still occur now. I play gamestockcar, project cars, rfactor and gran turismo, trust me I don't want the game dumbed down lol 

TheHemps said:

Sick.
Dumb it down? There is a thing called traction control and very easy mode, this game can't get dumbed down anymore. What we are talking about here is the fact the throttle doesn't feel right and could be due to vysnc or fps glitches or just simply issues with comparability with the logitech wheels since there have been several issues in the past and still occur now. I play gamestockcar, project cars, rfactor and gran turismo, trust me I don't want the game dumbed down lol 
Yeah I've seen your YT channel. Used to watch it quite a lot actually, still do from time to time.

Just seems this year there is a lot of complaining about the sensitive throttle and amount of wheelspin and I'll be gutted if they patch it out.

If its a specific wheel problem then I don't know, but if it's the actual degree of wheelspin and throttle control that is coded in to the game that is the problem then I want that to stay the same.

Last turn at Melbourne and Suzuka is a nightmare. Thats how its supposed to be, nothing to do with the wheel. I'm on Xbox 360 with MS wheel.

I personally find the lack of traction a nice challenge. It was interesting though because after putting on brand new primes I could use rich mix and wheel spin was reduced. I think also I thought about it even more, really brought the throttle in slowly. The extra grip in the tyres through the whole lap off set the slightly slower acceleration out the tight turns. 

Im enjoying the challenge.