Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

If Codemasters do not fix the tyre pitting issue in F1 2017 career, Will you buy 2018?

Recommended Posts

The question as above. Many people have different reasons for not getting the game or buying it day one.

The key question here is maybe we can gauge sentiment and possibly send a message to Codemasters. So for those who play career and have been affecting by the pitting bug, will you buy 2018 if they abandon 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imho i definitely won't buy F1 2018, have been buying their games "second hand" for years as i was massively disappointed by F1 2012 in its barebone state back in the days and sadly F1 2017 was just as bad.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had no problems with F1 2017... Until this horrible, race and career ruining glitch showed up.

If this isn't fixed then I am NOT BUYING F1 2018!!!

Get your act together Codemasters!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
it's not only this bug for me, its all the bugs together.
I've been buying all versions in history and 2017 was the last one.

I'm real disapointed and i'm OUT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nastra100 said:
The question as above. Many people have different reasons for not getting the game or buying it day one.

The key question here is maybe we can gauge sentiment and possibly send a message to Codemasters. So for those who play career and have been affecting by the pitting bug, will you buy 2018 if they abandon 2017?
Although I doubt they will formally state they have stopped supporting F12017 (for example if there was a change to the O/S that caused the game to crash or something major like that they would probably fix it), effectively they have.

As regards sending them a message, well any feedback for them I guess is helpful. But remember if 500 people gave the same feedback here then that would still probably be less than 0.001% of the userbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think its fairly well established they couldn't give a flying f-bomb what anyone thinks.

They don't care about replay-ability. In fact it works against them. Their perfect customer would be someone who buys the game, tries it, then moves onto playing something else, and comes back next year for more of the same.
Its just a money making exercise.
They create JUST enough game and appearance of improvement over previous version to get everyone interested, then limit the version of the game the reviewers get so they can high score the hell out of it when it arrives in a brown envelope with some notes.
I'd go as far as accusing them of cutting out everything they know is broken from the media preview copy, even if that means the reviewers get a skeleton of a game. Probably provide the the reviewers with a nice blurb which describes all the great stuff that's going to be available in the full game at launch. "We'll just take your word for it. 9/10. Outstanding".

/cynical rant

See you all in a few years when we get a new Engine, or hopefully a new developer. Because codies are a bunch of shytehawks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peyt0n89 said:
What is this bug we are talking about? I'm totally fine over here.
Apparently a bug can occur wher the AI pit like 20 times. I have over 300 hours in F1 2017 and haven't experienced it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A glaring "NO" for me, After years of buying Codies F1 games, this year is a definite no buy for me... I am happy with PCars2 and GT Sport...these alone seem to keep me happy enough and I'm tired of looking at Codemasters lousy "next Gen?" graphics...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peyt0n89 said:
What is this bug we are talking about? I'm totally fine over here.
PC or console and have you got the latest patch? If you have the latest patch and playing career mode, AI do loads of unnecessary pit stops whenever it rains. I have a mate who only realised it was happening when I pointed it out. He had got a podium in Spain that he thought was tactics but it was not  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tired of buying the same copy-pasted game broken at release only to wait three months for it to be fixed. If people buy broken games at release your allowing the same cycle to continue year on year


#Votewithyourwallet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am going to buy F1 2018, as i am fan of the games. Code does a good job making a F1 game that suits both arcade players and those who wants a semi-realistic experience. Of course some elements can be better, but that is something that applies to all games, both those released and games that are coming out in the future. And given this is an annual release, give them time to plan and implement the changes you want, creating good games isn't done in 2 days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lordnuker said:
I am going to buy F1 2018, as i am fan of the games. Code does a good job making a F1 game that suits both arcade players and those who wants a semi-realistic experience. Of course some elements can be better, but that is something that applies to all games, both those released and games that are coming out in the future. And given this is an annual release, give them time to plan and implement the changes you want, creating good games isn't done in 2 days!
I think you are replying to the wrong thread. This was aimed at those who play career mode and can't actually PLAY the game because of the game ending bug! If you are able to play the game then you have no gripe  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
I think its fairly well established they couldn't give a flying f-bomb what anyone thinks.

They don't care about replay-ability. In fact it works against them. Their perfect customer would be someone who buys the game, tries it, then moves onto playing something else, and comes back next year for more of the same.
Its just a money making exercise.
They create JUST enough game and appearance of improvement over previous version to get everyone interested, then limit the version of the game the reviewers get so they can high score the hell out of it when it arrives in a brown envelope with some notes.
I'd go as far as accusing them of cutting out everything they know is broken from the media preview copy, even if that means the reviewers get a skeleton of a game. Probably provide the the reviewers with a nice blurb which describes all the great stuff that's going to be available in the full game at launch. "We'll just take your word for it. 9/10. Outstanding".

/cynical rant

See you all in a few years when we get a new Engine, or hopefully a new developer. Because codies are a bunch of shytehawks. 
I don't think that's what's happening. When I see bugs this serious present in the game with the devs seemingly confused as to how to deal with them or the community I have a hard time believing that there's even a capability that they could organize that kind of manipulation.

I can agree however that the game that was reviewed is not the game we have now. We have somehow gotten to a game that manages to be significantly less functional than it was at release and that is a heck of an accomplishment... and not in a good way.

I don't think it's even important for me to threaten to not play the game at this point because it's pretty apparent that I'm still playing it and that I'm likely to buy 2018 despite the downsides here. Of course I livestream this game as well and when my viewers see bugs like this... I'm sure it's not helping sell the game... There really isn't any way to explain or justify why a bug like the rain transition bug exists. Someone on the fence watching my stream is most likely going to think "f--- that I'm not touching this crap." and that's a very bad thing. When you explain that the bug was introduced in a patch... then it becomes apparent to the viewer that the company is fine with making a game worse after they have your money and leaving it that way. Also a very bad thing.

What I'm trying to say is even beyond my own interest in the game there are a lot of opportunities to lose sales on the game from people who watch me struggle with this bug. (The take this beyond one stream and encompass it to all livestreams on this game and then maybe throw in youtube too.) Maybe that point will be seen and resonate... and that's really what I'm hoping for here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'e bought every one and will buy 2018 edition. Yes there are glitches but its a good overall F1 GAME. But as I'm 71 perhaps I'm just a moaner ha ha


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How can a good F1 game have 20+ pitstops whenever it rains! 
And since codies bragged about the rain effects ao much its a total shambles that they have meesed it up so badly and sat in silence once again.
Literally a month or so didnt they hire more forum staff to make communication better, well that went down the shitter pretty quick I guess they will reappear when its time to rob our wallet again with 2018s bug riddles attempt with an already out of date engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh and don't forget the team mate bug too! They haven't fixed that yet and have only provided a plaster to cover the cut (bumping the engine power of the McLaren)! Who knows if they can/will fix this?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think I'd accept even a free copy. Give it to someone stupid enough to fall for more of your excrement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well you can't really blame them as it's quite obvious there's  plenty of mugs ready to pay for it knowing what they know. Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×