Sign in to follow this  

F1 2017 - Malaysia too hard?

Hello.
I am currently on the 5th season of my career mode in F1 2017. Started from Sauber switched to McLaren then Renault now Ferrari. During the first season, I gradually increased the difficulty slider from 98 to 109 (currently). However every time I go to Malaysia, I have to decrease the difficulty to 102 in order to pass the practice programs. Tried many setups and spent at least 60 laps on time trial trying to understand how I can be faster. Tried many, many setups, even used TRL's setups but nothing works. I can't get faster than a 1:32.6 . The time is slow. I am close to max out the difficulty (110), I had no problem (in the 4th season) to finish first in Monaco, Singapore (with a 68 Turbo and 66 ICE wear) and Baku, but once again I've reached Malaysia. I am quite lost since I've never encounter such a "problem" in my years of video game racing. Is this a bug? Anyone else have a similar issue? Any setup tips? Am I trully that slow????

Lap analysis:
(Time trial - Ferrari - 1.32.6  )
Running 5-5 wings
5 - 5 ride height with 7-5 springs and 7-4 anti roll bar
2.7 - 1.5 camber and default toe
Ballast at 9
I can easily take the S section with a bit of a lift of on 7th gear, turn 7-8 5th then 6th gear and no oversteer at turn 9 with short shift at 5th gear. Also no major oversteer at turn 14 which , surprisingly I manage to match the delta on the qualy pace program on career mode.
Direct lap comparison with TRL world record. I am matching his braking points with no lock ups (the difference has to be like 0.2 - 0.3 m MAX ) It is damn pretty close, so much that made me wonder even more.

Other wierd issues:
For some reason, I lose a whole lot of time (compared to delta on qualy program) on the straight just as I get close at Turn 3 - it is just a straight 0.2 seconds gone just there, in a Ferrari. I barely touch the KERBS and yes, the line is exactly the same like TRL (Delta goes from green to red very quickly) .

I hope that the Lap analysis form an opinion about my lap. I have been sweating A LOT, the last 6 months... I've spent so much time in LFS, iRacing, Shift 2, F1 2013, F1 2016, F1 2017 and it is the first time that I encounter such a huge performance loss!

Thank you for your time :)

a 32.6 is pretty good tbh. TRL Martin probably got insane traction off turn three. I’ve seen his lap, it’s pretty insane

ilikefast said:
a 32.6 is pretty good tbh. TRL Martin probably got insane traction off turn three. I’ve seen his lap, it’s pretty insane
My mistake then. I meant turn 4. It is the turn after the tight first corners, and before the 90 degree turn (before the first S turn). There is no acceleration from 10-20 kmh. You enter with 200 kmh and exit the turn with 250 or something. The delta on the qualy program says that I lose 0.2 secs just there. Also in 104 difficulty the pole time is 1.31.7 - 1.31.9. For a Ferrari @ 1.32.6, this is pretty uncompetitive. In grand prix mode, sometime I even get outqualified from the Red Bulls.

Just finished the 5th season Malaysia race. Qualified 5th, ended 8th... In a Ferrari (first in Performance Index). With 20-30 Engine wear... In 104 difficulty... Played the whole season in 110 diff and the worst result was 3rd in Austria...
Yeahhh Codemasters!

ilikefast said:
My mistake then. I meant turn 4. It is the turn after the tight first corners, and before the 90 degree turn (before the first S turn). There is no acceleration from 10-20 kmh. You enter with 200 kmh and exit the turn with 250 or something. The delta on the qualy program says that I lose 0.2 secs just there. Also in 104 difficulty the pole time is 1.31.7 - 1.31.9. For a Ferrari @ 1.32.6, this is pretty uncompetitive. In grand prix mode, sometime I even get outqualified from the Red Bulls.
Sorry my mistake I thought it said 1 31.6 

Yeah, just played it in Grand Prix mode (One shot qualy). Again, at the entry of the first corner , full throttle no lift off, losing 0.2 - 0.3 secs HOWEVER, if I crash my car and use flashback RIGHT at the entry of the corner (again it is the first flat out corner of the GP), the delta goes back to normal - green and keeps showing that I am faster.

And then I recalled Bahrain. Season 5 AI 110 diff this time. At the next straight after the main straight (before turn 3 and after turn 1 and 2), I was losing 0.05 - 0.1 ms at the straight - the delta was first showing that I was faster, then slower, then faster again, before even reaching the braking point of turn 3!!! This forced me to change the downforce a little bit, only to reset it again at Q1.
Time to test it out then! Just like the delta at Malaysia, full throttle and this time no corners. Just a straight!!!
(delta at -0.3 then lowered to 0.21 then going back at -0.28). So, if I go straight into the wall, terminate my car and then flashback at the middle of the straight, the delta goes back to normal (delta -0.3 then keeps going towards -0.35) That is more than half ms recovered. WITH NO CORNERS. I was baffled then but I never expected such a serious bug. The delta is BROKEN!

I am done with this game. Waiting for F1 2018 where hopefully, those issues will be fixed!