Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.13 - Discussion Thread

Hi all,

Patch 1.13 is due to be released at 10am BST this morning on PC and PS4, with the same Xbox patch arriving early this afternoon. Here are the patch notes for this update:

- Fixed bug where the AI pits every lap after multiple weather transitions
- Fixed bug where players will spawn on top of each other on the grid if posting the same time in an online qualifying session
- Reduced chance of collision occurring when cars intersect due to network latency

If any of the above don’t work in the way they should, or you notice any issues, please let us know below!

Thank you,
Codies

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56237/f1-2017-voice-communication-in-multiplayer-doesnt-work/p1
Hello, i searched through some forums already but noone seemed to  have the problem i have..
My problem is about the Online Voice communication between the players. i can see that they talk, for example in the lobby i see their icon blink if they talk and ingame i see the name who talks, but i cant hear them at all. the ingame sound is fine, i can hear the cars, i can hear everything just fine (idk if something maybe sounds a bit different since its a new game but the game gives sound to my headset) 
The other players can hear me, i tested that with friends in the lobby, they told me via steam that they hear me. 
I checked my options few times, my push to talk is ON and i tried changing the audio from automatic "standart" to my headset only. I use a headset but an extra mic, idk if that has anything to do with it just an extra info..
I tried to repair the installation but, nothing was found and after starting it it didnt fix it. 
Idk what i can do to fix it.. 

I have the same problem. Win 10, GTX 1070, RIG 500 headset.
There is 2 post without answers
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59282/voice-in-multiplayer#latest
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59213/i-expect-no-players-online#latest

Hi all,

Patch 1.13 is due to be released at 10am BST this morning on PC and PS4, with the same Xbox patch arriving early this afternoon. Here are the patch notes for this update:

- Fixed bug where players will spawn on top of each other on the grid if posting the same time in an online qualifying session
- Reduced chance of collision occurring when cars intersect due to network latency

If any of the above don’t work in the way they should, or you notice any issues, please let us know below!

Thank you,
Codies
Nice to hear!

Chanches to have SC fixed yet?

Raalte said:
Guess SC is unfixeable? It's the only problem I really have in multiplayer

how about safety car online guys? is this gonna be fixed with this patch? 

Still no SC fix? Smh 

Body is 18 characters too short but it still gets my point across nonetheless. 

Hi all,

Thank you,
Codies
Nice to hear!

Chanches to have SC fixed yet?
Pretty sure they will not be able of fixing this issue. Seems to me to much work while the new game is in developement.
Sad enough ...

aladinfr said:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56237/f1-2017-voice-communication-in-multiplayer-doesnt-work/p1
Hello, i searched through some forums already but noone seemed to  have the problem i have..
My problem is about the Online Voice communication between the players. i can see that they talk, for example in the lobby i see their icon blink if they talk and ingame i see the name who talks, but i cant hear them at all. the ingame sound is fine, i can hear the cars, i can hear everything just fine (idk if something maybe sounds a bit different since its a new game but the game gives sound to my headset) 
The other players can hear me, i tested that with friends in the lobby, they told me via steam that they hear me. 
I checked my options few times, my push to talk is ON and i tried changing the audio from automatic "standart" to my headset only. I use a headset but an extra mic, idk if that has anything to do with it just an extra info..
I tried to repair the installation but, nothing was found and after starting it it didnt fix it. 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59213/i-expect-no-players-online#latest

Hi @aladinfr, I’m sorry that you’ve experienced this issue and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I’d like to double check something with you if I may? Can I ask if you’ve tried, or if you could try, upping the voice chat in Steams settings (I’m guessing Steam as you’ve said you’re on PC, feel free to let me know if I’ve guessed wrong!) and lowering the game sounds in game to see if that has any effect? Many thanks!

Hi all,

Thank you,
Codies
sorry but this patch  is absolutely insulting, since october the patch support for multiplayer was dead and in half a year of work this is the result?

The game has major desync issues, safety car&formation lap dont work online, in australia the setup still gets reset, the slipstream gltich is still existent! You should have told us that F1 2017 is dead and all efforts are put into 2018 to make it better online and not trying to to put a tiny plaster on a bleeding wound. 

To this day F1 2016 is a more stable experience online and that fact alone is just unacceptable.

Faya said:
aladinfr said:

Hi @aladinfr, I’m sorry that you’ve experienced this issue and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I’d like to double check something with you if I may? Can I ask if you’ve tried, or if you could try, upping the voice chat in Steams settings (I’m guessing Steam as you’ve said you’re on PC, feel free to let me know if I’ve guessed wrong!) and lowering the game sounds in game to see if that has any effect? Many thanks!
I tried that and it did not.

But if I chance the windows "standart commication device" from headset to box system...i hear the sound.

Far1an said:
Faya said:
aladinfr said:

But if I chance the windows "standart commication device" from headset to box system...i hear the sound.
You need to use the same sound source. Multiple sound devices don't work at all well.

For in-game comms, use Discord or something similar. Skype roulette or TeamSpeak.

Far1an said:
Faya said:
aladinfr said:

You need to use the same sound source. Multiple sound devices don't work at all well.

For in-game comms, use Discord or something similar. Skype roulette or TeamSpeak.
This worked for me.

But yeah having league race always TS or Discord ;D

Where is the fix on the Safety Car????, That is what was needed. I have never heard anyone say anything about cars spawning on top of each other on the starting grid.

Do we know if we will even get a fix for the safety car

Thanks for the update! As everybody is saying, there are still lots of unfixed bugs, but a patch like this is always appreciated

Is there any possibility that AI engine wear/reliability can be substantially reduced in a further patch please? I'm in season 6 and my main rivals are still retiring roughly 6-8 times a season with engine failures.

I know that the Ferrari for instance has all of the reliability upgrades, as I bought them all before leaving, but most races one their cars encounters some sort of issue. The issue appears to be that the AI cars do so many laps in practise and qualifying that they unnecessarily wear out their engine parts (in comparison I only do all 5 practise programs at roughly 15 laps with in laps and out laps over the whole race weekend and only a single qualy run in each of the 3 qualy sessions).

It may even be worth reducing the AI engine wear to 0 for practise and qualifying sessions perhaps - anything to get the AI reliability to be much greater than it currently is. Hopefully, something relatively easy can be implemented here please.

Hi all,

Thank you,
Codies
What about the bug where the delta time vanishes when someone joins a already open training lobby? Its pretty annoying because you cant see where you lose time. It would be nice if Codemasters would fix this bug.
Thank you!
RacingligaTV

What about the bug where the delta time vanishes when someone joins an already open trainings lobby? Its pretty annoying because you cant see where you lose time. It would be nice if Codemasters would fix this bug.
Thank you!
RacingligaTV

Hello @Faya,
Thank you in advance for responding.
Yes already tried, I even tried the previous versions f1 2013, f1 2014, f1 2016 and I do not have this problem.
It is only on F1 2017 that the problem this poses.

Hi all,

Thank you,
Codies
@ChristinaMcc Wow. Thanks.

Any chance you guys have fixed the Clubsport V3 pedals not working due to one of the previous patches, and forgot to mention it in the above?

I would love to try these fixes, but since my pedals don't work with the game, I can't.

Where is the fix on the Safety Car????, That is what was needed. I have never heard anyone say anything about cars spawning on top of each other on the starting grid.

Do we know if we will even get a fix for the safety car
I can assure you that bears shit in the woods and trees make a noise when they fall over and you're not there.

Not impressed one bit. We wait months without any communication and you give us a tiny patch that fixes maybe 1% of the games problem. You say you listen to your fans, they’re all screaming fix the SC, yet there’s no evidence that has been done, nor will you even acknowledge it. Disgusting behaviour from such a big company. If this keeps happening, you WILL lose your loyal fans.