Sign in to follow this  

Introducing Faya - Developer Liaison for F1 Games

Hi Faya.

Welcome but I have to ask the difficult question, what will change in the community?  We have had promise after promise that this year will be different, that this year Codemasters will be more interactive than ever before.

Unfortunately year after year the bugs remain and don't get fixed and then the community is abandoned only to pop in when Codies want to start the hype for the new game.

The community literally begs for a response on game breaking issues (see the weather change/AI Pitting thread) it's game breaking yet the community is still waiting whether the issue will be fixed (we all suspect it won't) yet we are kept in the dark.

All the community asks is to be a bit more transparency otherwise the community will be in the same situation at the beginning of this year as we are now abandoned with little trust in the team or the product.

Its all movement round here today. Must be a new game coming soon.

MurraysMic said:
The community literally begs for a response on game breaking issues (see the weather change/AI Pitting thread) it's game breaking yet the community is still waiting whether the issue will be fixed

This got patched allegedly! 

Hello Faya, 
little bit of a curious one more than anything else, but I don’t suppose who is lined up to do the music to F1 2018 after Mark Knights departure from the series after last years game? 

Many thanks 

Hello @Faya Looking forward to the beta sign up. I hope lessons have been drawn from the previous programmes.

Namely, the game must offer more than restricted multiplayer mode when the program is opened up to a larger pool of testers. Many hours were wasted when gamers were not online or on specific platforms.

The initial testing should be done from a smaller identified group of previous beta testers that either identifed replicable bugs or gave valuable insight by the way of qualitative or quantitative feedback. It was disappointing to see issues identified in the beta making the gold code as much as it was to see issues in areas that were not available for testing in the beta programme.

I also hope that testers that broke NDA are on a ban list. Newcomers should be able to get a slot in that extended phase.

There is no need to utilise finished graphics in any part of the beta but you should perhaps consider texture scaling and simulating the load on the hardware, particularly on the consoles.

Welcome @Faya the beta programme has been a amazing and super social experience in the past looking forward to having you as our go to communication expert for this year (hopefully). looking forward to hearing more.

@Faya très bonne nouvelle en espérant avoir un bon opus grâce au retour
Pour les suggestions, je pense qu'il serait grand temps de se pencher sur le mode multijoueur. Trop de bugs, et très pauvre en matière de développement. Il serait cool de pouvoir gérer la F1 dans la voie des stands, et dans son intégralité sans que l'IA ne prenne le relais. Garder les F1 old car et les enrichir serait une bonne idée également.

Si vous ne voyez pas d'autres choses, je pense que les idées sont nouvelles.) 

Www.f1tcp.com 

Hello Faya and welcome to the community.  I wish you the best as this place can get very toxic and the community itself has taken a beating by current releases of the game and poor communication. 

One thing that has been hurting the game/community for years is when many parts of the game/features are being released in a broken state, especially the online muliplayer aspect. 

I would not even make multiplayer available until you know that everything works, including yellow flags, illegal overtakes, safety cars, synchronization, formation laps etc.  If they do not work, do not even have them as an option until they do.  Sure there will be minor things, but a complete feature not working cannot be released into the wild. 

It feels bad to buy something in that state and you hurt future business by doing that.  There were plenty of positives with handling and the career mode so that is a very solid foundation right there and can be fine tuned.  But multiplayer needs a ton of work.  Please look at the other games available.  We need more options and even something as easy as naming a custom lobby for people to join is not possible.  I also hope that there is some kind of safety system as well so we can keep the people who like to wreck eachother in their own lobbies, and people who want to drive clean separate.  There also need to be a better way to kick people who are intentionally wrecking people for the sprint mode.

Having a great online environment really helps with the long-term play ability of the game.

Hi @Faya nice yo meet you. 

I consider unaceptable to move on to F1 2018 game without been solved the SC issue in F1 2017 game, even thought when it was really good in F1 2013 and 2016. Is there any compelling reason to not solve in the actual game? 

Personally,  our community will not move on to F1 2018 for that reason which is a shame because we had move on to the further games year after year including F1 2014 and F1 2015 where the game werent up to the scratch. 

I kown that that is hard to hear. If you see my profile you will see that I had did my best giving you all the feedback and almost always with videos to check all of the bugs encountered.

Sorry of my welcome message and good luck for you and for the rest of the community. 

Hello @Faya, welcome to the Forum!
As many others already have stated, I too am very disappointed in which state the current F1 game has been left by your colleagues. Personally, 90% of the time I played F1 2017 was Multiplayer in a private Lobby with 5 other friends, and there was not a single game that went smooth.
Feel free to read some of the forum topics about the Multiplayer and its problems, there sure are plenty and the bad condition of the mode is very well documented in this very forum.

Furthermore, I would like to invite you to play some Multiplayer of F1 2017, for that you may truly understand, what we are talking about. Please, grab some of your friends and just play some Multiplayer, and you shall know. If you want, we can even play together some time!

I look forward to a healthy and just nice collaboration, so that maybe F1 2018 will be a better product. Welcome again :)

Hi, I'm new at this CM forum, I hope I can help you in the F1 2018 beta, especially the bugs that are corrected in time in this game, I would like to solve the safety car bug sometimes it's very annoying .. .

Welcome to the Forum Faya

Welcome to the forum.

We do seem to have these welcomes every so often and we end up the same as always all broken promises but I hope this time will be different.

As for your next project f1 17 has been the least played game out of all the f1 games. Out of the gate was okay enough and it got worse somehow. I have no intentions of buying F1 18 at this point.

Welcome along. 

I think you’ve got a tough job to win over a lot of people. Many fingers burnt, broken promises and poor communication throughout the life span of each F1 game! We’ve been here before and seen community managers come and go. Is this a new leaf being turned over? Only time will tell. 

Hi all,

There’s a lot of questions and bugs for me to check out that have been pointed my way overnight, thanks for your patience while I gather information and investigate!

I can see that a few of you are asking what’s going to be different this time. I can understand why you are asking this.

My role, in short, is looking after you on the forums and getting more information on the bugs and issues you find. There are other parts to it of course, but that’s what it boils down to. This doesn’t mean that everything is going to get fixed, I’m sadly not that magical. But, I will be here, I will try to find you answers wherever I can and I’ll highlight to the team the issues that are affecting you the most. There will be times where I won’t be able to get you an answer, but I will be here to tell you that. I dislike silence. And then I’ll go and poke the team until I do get an answer.

Thank you all for your posts and questions so far!

Very pleasured to hear it!

For our information, when do You think that BETA TESTING is going to start?
Now there is an Alpha test?
Thanks always :D

Yeah, it is good to hear that you dislike silence, we really need a lot more transparancy now.
At this point I'd like to politely remind you that we are your Fans (...or Customers), not your QA-Department.
I'd like to propose the idea of a public Bug-Tracker. Last year ( and sadly this year too) a lot of Bugs have been reported on this forum. Many Bug-Reports were duplicates, and some of them were so detailed, that the person who wrote it should have been paid for straight up QA-Work that the Codies QA should have done, it's ridiculous. Best thing about it was when it didn't even get fixed. In the end, we almost never knew if bugs have been acknowledged by you. We almost never knew if you even work on fixing them, and sadly, we still don't.

Therefore, I think that a public Bug-Tracker can help greatly in this matter. At least it would be a good start.

Faya said:

Hi all! 

As you may have seen today in the 
Codies Blog, I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. As I said there, I’m here to help on a certain upcoming game and look after the F1 Games section of the forums. I’ll be taking all your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game as well, like patches. One of my main jobs will be helping the team get more information on any problems you may find, so if you’ve found technical issues I may be poking you to find out more about what’s going on. You’ll also see the forums getting a little bit more attention, where I’ll be moving threads to the right areas and updating a few threads here and there. 

Some of you may recognise my name or avatar, as I used to be the Community Manager on LOTRO and F1 Race Stars, back in the day. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can!
If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

As much I like to see more people introduced to the forums I hope this means we can have assurances that your games wont be as broken on release as experienced in the past.

Hi @Faya good to see your announcement.

Regarding beta testing. Experience from last year was that it was lacking a formal bug logging approach via a system similar to JIRA. The open free format forum thread approach just doesn't cut it. The beta feedback appeared to get very chaotic.

For example every bug you enter should require you to specify your system characteristics, particularly for PC beta's. 
Some simple bug categorisation system should be employed; graphical, game play, multiplayer, menu error, etc... All entered through drop downs lists and form fields.  I.E. tie the bug entry down to just the info the developers need, removing the noise. Make your job and the developers easier and also the bug raisers. Enforce dxdiag upload at bug entry, dont allow bug entry if not provided (PC only). Last year I regularly saw @hoo replying to bug posts with, please let me know your specs and provide dxdiag info. Just make all of this mandatory.

It doesn't have to be a full blown bug tracking system, just a simple database with a web browser front end. I know you have the people to do this in Codemasters,
@DanHawk1ns being one in partucular (but he might be a bit Esport busy)

Oh and with you appearing what happened to @F1Support are they still around, or is that more a general non specific person, the person on shift?
Do we direct issues to you or @F1Support ?

Thanks
Neil

@DanHawk1ns do you know how long we we have to wait for esports to come? Today maybe?? Hope so! Cant wait :)
Depends which eSports you mean :D 

DiRT is already out :tongue:
F1 may come soon ;)

Nice to meet You Faya! :)

About what I would like to see in F1 2018 :)

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132055/top-5-most-anticipated-innovations-f1-2018-to-codemasters-design-team#latest