Sign in to follow this  

Introducing Faya - Developer Liaison for F1 Games

@Faya 
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was anything planned for ghosting cars in online races. I.e lapped cars who purposely take out drivers.

Also will we see dedicated servers at any point in f1 games?

thanks.

Another new community manager with promises with better communication with the customer. Nothing will change.

So what's the difference now between @jennyannem and @faya ?

Another new community manager with promises with better communication with the customer. Nothing will change.

jenny got a multi?

FRACTURED said:

jenny got a multi?
Jenny's still definitely here :) - the patch happened to come whilst I was on Annual Leave, but I'm definitely still here. Like @Faya said in the OP, she's getting feedback from you guys and giving it to the team, getting more information from your bug reports and reporting it back. We've heard your feedback with regards to communication and the forums, and this is very much a part of that.

FRACTURED said:

jenny got a multi?
Jenny's still definitely here :) - the patch happened to come whilst I was on Annual Leave, but I'm definitely still here. Like @Faya said in the OP, she's getting feedback from you guys and giving it to the team, getting more information from your bug reports and reporting it back. We've heard your feedback with regards to communication and the forums, and this is very much a part of that.

What you describe sounds to me like a community manager. So what is task as a community Manager then?

And lets not forget @f1support :P what is his role now?

@jennyannem and @Faya and @DanHawk1ns what happend to the tweet formula1game tweeted about esports? I saw it and half an hour later it was deleted. why? is there something going wrong? want to hear something, because I am so gassed right now, because I thought it was going to be announced today. but still haven't seen or heard something yet. hopefully you can give a confirmation about this plz.

Kind regards

@jennyannem and @Faya and @DanHawk1ns what happend to the tweet formula1game tweeted about esports? I saw it and half an hour later it was deleted. why? is there something going wrong? want to hear something, because I am so gassed right now, because I thought it was going to be announced today. but still haven't seen or heard something yet. hopefully you can give a confirmation about this plz.

Kind regards
Nothing going wrong. F1 Esports news may be coming soon :) That's all we have at the moment. 

@TeenierNeilb69 
Yeah man np ;) . It's just good to see that I'm not the only one who came up with an idea like that. Like, other developers even do a public Trello-Board, where the players can clearly see what the devs are currently working on and what they consider for the future and so on. Things like these really help to strengthen the community <-> developer relationship.

JR6492 said:
@Faya 
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was anything planned for ghosting cars in online races. I.e lapped cars who purposely take out drivers.

thanks.
Ghosted cars is such a bad idea. Online rep will have to be the solution. Although, crashers will build rep just to take someone out.

Ghost cars are stupid.

JR6492 said:
@Faya 
Hi,

thanks.
Ghosted cars is such a bad idea. Online rep will have to be the solution. Although, crashers will build rep just to take someone out.

Ghost cars are stupid.
I mean I can see a lot of issues with rep system as you’re taking for granted that it will actually work properly. I think there’s a good possibility that you’d accrue bad rep from being in incidents you did not cause or were completely unavoidable, as well as incidents due to lag. 

good chance you’d end up in lobbies with crashes anyway. Nothing worse than getting crashed out by someone who is super slow or loses front wing and gives up and says f*ck it I’ll just take people out for the lolz

Faya said:

Hi all! 

As you may have seen today in the Codies Blog, I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. As I said there, I’m here to help on a certain upcoming game and look after the F1 Games section of the forums. I’ll be taking all your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game as well, like patches. One of my main jobs will be helping the team get more information on any problems you may find, so if you’ve found technical issues I may be poking you to find out more about what’s going on. You’ll also see the forums getting a little bit more attention, where I’ll be moving threads to the right areas and updating a few threads here and there. 

Some of you may recognise my name or avatar, as I used to be the Community Manager on LOTRO and F1 Race Stars, back in the day. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

Hi faya, welcome, please could help include the Nigerian flag

hola, bienvenida! te hago una pregunta, me gustaria formar parte del desarrollo del nuevo juego. Como puedo hacer para participar de las betas que hagan proximamente? Muchas gracias y espero su respuesta.

TF1ALONSO said:
hola, bienvenida! te hago una pregunta, me gustaria formar parte del desarrollo del nuevo juego. Como puedo hacer para participar de las betas que hagan proximamente? Muchas gracias y espero su respuesta.

I hope @Faya your Spanish is better than your German :D Welcome aboard. Good to see CM is working on their communications. Reluctant optimism on my side o:)

TF1ALONSO said:

I hope @Faya your Spanish is better than your German :D Welcome aboard. Good to see CM is working on their communications. Reluctant optimism on my side o:)
There's a typo in your sig                                                             

LSKone said:
@TeenierNeilb69 
Yeah man np ;) . It's just good to see that I'm not the only one who came up with an idea like that. Like, other developers even do a public Trello-Board, where the players can clearly see what the devs are currently working on and what they consider for the future and so on. Things like these really help to strengthen the community <-> developer relationship.
It's generally just too much hassle for privately-held companies to expose that much of their development process to the public, so I can understand why they don't. The need to keep all your lawyers and shareholders happy puts all sorts of restrictions on what you can host on public-facing servers under your control.

TF1ALONSO said:

There's a typo in your sig                                                             
Is that a fact                                                              

Hi all!

On the reporting of bugs – I will be updating the Technical Assistance forum with a basic form for everyone to copy/paste when posting about bugs and I’m looking at ways to improve this section of the forums in the future.

My Spanish is even worse than my German. I can ask for two beers and that’s about it!

Beta questions: the team is working on a beta plan for this year and we should have some more news soon.

F1 2017 patches: I don’t believe there are any more patches planned for F1 2017 at this point.

@F1Support and @Hoo are still around as other points of contact on these forums.  

Thanks, everyone!

Faya said:

Hi all!

On the reporting of bugs – I will be updating the Technical Assistance forum with a basic form for everyone to copy/paste when posting about bugs and I’m looking at ways to improve this section of the forums in the future.

My Spanish is even worse than my German. I can ask for two beers and that’s about it!

Beta questions: the team is working on a beta plan for this year and we should have some more news soon.

F1 2017 patches: I don’t believe there are any more patches planned for F1 2017 at this point.

@F1Support and @Hoo are still around as other points of contact on these forums.  

Thanks, everyone!

If you can order two beers, we are good to go o:) 

A standard form is a step in the right direction. (if possible, make desired fields mandatory) If you also split the Technical Assistance section up in the seperate Console (PS4 & XB1) and PC sections, that will make you're and our lives even more enjoyable. Saves everyone a lot of unnecessary reading. 

Faya said:

Hi all!

Thanks, everyone!

Hi @Faya,
Giving a rule on how to post bugs and various issues is very important, very often in the same post are reported different bugs from different people. This is not very functional for both users and for you. 

For the beer you can contact @guidomix ahahaha

Thanks,
MM

Faya said:

Hi all!

Thanks, everyone!

Hi @Faya,
Giving a rule on how to post bugs and various issues is very important, very often in the same post are reported different bugs from different people. This is not very functional for both users and for you. 

For the beer you can contact @guidomix ahahaha

Thanks,
MM
Ahahahahah 

Guidomix

Hi @F1ITACommunity! I’m sorry, I have seen your PM and I’m midway through writing you a response! Thanks for your patience!

Faya said:

Hi @F1ITACommunity! I’m sorry, I have seen your PM and I’m midway through writing you a response! Thanks for your patience!

Thank you, we'll wait your answer! :)

Faya said:

I don't think bug reporting has ever been much of an issue - bug fixing however...

Faya said:
...we should have some more news soon...

You're already getting the hang of it. o:)

Faya said:

Thanks, everyone!

Thank you for all your efforts at this point @Faya.  In time hopefully the masters of code can prove my skeptical mind wrong.

@F1support (Mr comedian) provides no support at all. He might as well spitfire stale shite with sprinkles for all use he provides.

P.S @DanHawk1ns @Hoo are legend for whatever reason I haven't thought of one yet.