Sign in to follow this  

Calling all non-TC drivers

Hello all, reference the reports that pad users have traction assist even without TC on can we all list what input device we use and if there is more or less rear grip than last years game. Hopefully this will identify a trend and get looked at. The pad users are missing out because the handling is the most tricky yet by far.

me, wheel, much less rear grip and very happy with handling.

mgmikeyt said:
Hello all, reference the reports that pad users have traction assist even without TC on can we all list what input device we use and if there is more or less rear grip than last years game. Hopefully this will identify a trend and get looked at. The pad users are missing out because the handling is the most tricky yet by far.

me, wheel, much less rear grip and very happy with handling.

just hope they don't dumb down the wheel handling to match the pad.....nah they wouldn't do that,  would they? 

Wheel user here and I'm finding that this year it is even easier to loose it when exiting a corner. I'm constantly getting wheel spin in 4th with any steering lock applied. Which is good cause that is what the drivers have all been expressing since pre-season testing. Moving onto braking and I actually find that the car slows a lot quicker this year as do the real cars as there is harvesting of energy on a greater scale then last year. However in the real cars due to this harvesting it is also easier to lock the brakes. This is one thing that I think is of in the game. I haven't had 1 lock up yet. 

Overall I'm quite happy with how the cars relate to their real life counterparts although I am using a wheel on PS3. What I'm not happy with is the hidden assist that pad users get. It's going to kill our league races. 

I play with keyboard and finally the game is  playable for us , also with TC medium

That says it all really. You shouldn't be able to play F1 with a keyboard on anything other than TC full.