Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2017 Crash to Desktop (CTD) on joining PC Multiplayer lobby Patch 1.13

steviejay69

OK, so this seems like an old bug from F1 2016 returning.

I've had it myself (once) since 1.13 and last night I was in a MP lobby where several drivers kept getting CTD until they restarted their PCs.

Can others please post and share their experiences if similar, thanks. 

If possible can you let me know if you had played F1 2017 immediately before accepting an invite (either online or offline) and whether restarting the game , Steam or the PC was necessary. Not sure if accepting the invite from Steam with the game not running is relevant or not.
Hi @steviejay69, not spoke in a while.

PC v1.13

Two conditions seem to cause my CTD when joining multiplayer.

1st is something goes wrong with my driver (save file). an edit of the driver so it re-saves the file or create a new driver usually fixes it.

2nd and main reason for it happening is if I play a time trial before joining a multiplayer session. After CTD, load the game to the main menu then Quit and re-load the game - going straight to multiplayer usually fixes this.
If going online after time trial I always quit the game first (not had it crash when doing it this way).

Accepting a steam invite while the game is running or not has not affect anything for me but if I get an invite after having done something offline (mainly time trial) there is a high probability of a CTD.

Regards,

Hi @steviejay69, thanks for starting up this thread,

I’d like to investigate this further. Can I request the Steam IDs from everyone that has experienced this issue please?

To get your Steam ID (for those that are unsure or do not know)

1. Click “Steam” in the top left corner of the client
  2. Select “Settings”
  3. In the Steam Settings popup select “Interface”
  4. Put a tick in the “Display Steam URL address bar when available” tickbox
  5. Close the popup by clicking “OK”
  6. In the Steam client click on your “Steam Name” and select “Profile”
  7. Your Steam User ID is the long number at the end of the displayed URL

You don’t have to share your ID here if you don’t want to. You can send me a PM or send an email to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @). Please make sure you include your forum name and the thread title so I can be sure what it’s in relation to. Thanks!

Faya said:

Hi @steviejay69, thanks for starting up this thread,

I’d like to investigate this further. Can I request the Steam IDs from everyone that has experienced this issue please?

To get your Steam ID (for those that are unsure or do not know)

1. Click “Steam” in the top left corner of the client
  2. Select “Settings”
  3. In the Steam Settings popup select “Interface”
  4. Put a tick in the “Display Steam URL address bar when available” tickbox
  5. Close the popup by clicking “OK”
  6. In the Steam client click on your “Steam Name” and select “Profile”
  7. Your Steam User ID is the long number at the end of the displayed URL

You don’t have to share your ID here if you don’t want to. You can send me a PM or send an email to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @). Please make sure you include your forum name and the thread title so I can be sure what it’s in relation to. Thanks!

I will try @cheekymunkey78 suggestions and forward you the info once I have tried it. I have just had a 48 hour internet holiday thanks to a broken cable. FTTC is wonderful it's still the aluminum that sucks.

Archived