Sign in to follow this  

ERS, why do people complain?

First I will like to say that sorry if im wrong on this, I have not had to much time to wotch f1 this year, but anyway:

Why do people complain that we cant push a button to use ERS in f1 2014? Its a simple reason: There is no ERS button in F1, ERS is connected to the throttle pedal and then delivered to the rear wheels, no button to push.

But again, sorry if i have misunderstood on how ERS works and what people complain about... But I know some people complain about no ERS button...:P

In real life there is an overtake button, which gives the car more power down the straights, but it puts stress on the car aswell as using more fuel, you might here the team radios where they say "use the overtake button" or in daniel ricciardos case in austria "dont use the overtake button, we have a problem" 

yeah its a pre programmed thing the teams have i believe with a button to turn it on or to set it to harvest perhaps im not fully sure how it all is controled and stuff 

In real life there is an overtake button, which gives the car more power down the straights, but it puts stress on the car aswell as using more fuel, you might here the team radios where they say "use the overtake button" or in daniel ricciardos case in austria "dont use the overtake button, we have a problem" 
I don't believe that's the case for 2014. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but any kind of control over ERS is removed from the driver.

andmcq said:
I don't believe that's the case for 2014. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but any kind of control over ERS is removed from the driver.
In real life it is the case the driver and team choose where to deploy ers and then the driver has a boost button or overtake button,  but in f1 2014 they have made it automatically

ERS is pre set and is completely automatic with no manual input from the driver in the cockpit, both in real life and in game. The overtake button has been around for a long time and was never the same thing as KERS. The overtake button has never been in any F1 game to date.

Surely with fuel saving playing such a major part in this game then turning fuel up is effectively the "overtake" button 

Wynterdust said:
The overtake button has been around for a long time and was never the same thing as KERS. The overtake button has never been in any F1 game to date.
Are you sure that the overtake button has been around for a long time? I thought that the overtake button, which is introduced this year, effectively replaced the KERS button:

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/28ypiw/f1_overtake_button/

Norwichfan said:
Surely with fuel saving playing such a major part in this game then turning fuel up is effectively the "overtake" button 

Definitely not. CM's fuel mix options has been around every year and been the same since 2010.

i think the real life teams have a switch with many different settings from fuel saving to fast mix and the highset fast setting is the effective overtake button so to speak in stead of having all those different settings wihch vary from team to eam we have lean the middle one and rich and codies should have matched the ers to follow this pattern rich= using max power from ERS and auto harvest every 2nd lap or so perhaps  middle would use maybe half the available ers 33 second of oomph and harvest the 50% used on each lap whilst using the oomph boost so its running at 50% power each lap but giving 50% power kinda a balanced setting and lean is full fuel saving only using 2%% of ers power and full harvesting to keep the unit at max power for when yah turn it up its all there etc would make it more realistic if my hunch on the real teams fuel setting on the steering wheels is on the money and would make the racing more strategic when to use the diff mixs to attack or defend as well as balance your fuel to end of race, coulda made f1 2014 more epic of a game maybe

Tommahawk said:
i think the real life teams have a switch with many different settings from fuel saving to fast mix and the highset fast setting is the effective overtake button so to speak in stead of having all those different settings wihch vary from team to eam we have lean the middle one and rich and codies should have matched the ers to follow this pattern rich= using max power from ERS and auto harvest every 2nd lap or so perhaps  middle would use maybe half the available ers 33 second of oomph and harvest the 50% used on each lap whilst using the oomph boost so its running at 50% power each lap but giving 50% power kinda a balanced setting and lean is full fuel saving only using 2%% of ers power and full harvesting to keep the unit at max power for when yah turn it up its all there etc would make it more realistic if my hunch on the real teams fuel setting on the steering wheels is on the money and would make the racing more strategic when to use the diff mixs to attack or defend as well as balance your fuel to end of race, coulda made f1 2014 more epic of a game maybe
http://wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

oops i hit shift on the 5 of 25% for middle power setting dammit {""only using 2%% of ers power"""}

my fingers gotta learn to lay of the over use of shift key lols

I like that there's no KERS/ERS button. It makes it harder to overtake AI because it removes the advantage that players in that department due to being able to more intelligently strategize KERS usage during battles.

And of course it wouldn't be realistic anyway.