Jump to content Jump to content

2018 Gluf Aire Bahrain Grand Prix

MBKF1

I came from the future, Hamilton is celebrating the title in USA while receiving a trophy from Drake, who then announces the Toronto Grand Prix to be held in 2020.

Jokes aside, we've seen some big screw-ups from Max, Grosjean and Leclerc, all of them lucky that McLaren is eager to take the L of the day again by getting beaten by Toro Rosso-Honda.

PIERRE GASLY THOUGH

PIERRE GASLY THOUGH

That's insane. That's extraordinary talent on display there and I never expected that from Gasly either. That's the kind of display you'd dream of when you're a rookie. Starting 5th is shocking stuff. Deserves all the praise and then some.

Mclaren are finished. Like seriously, all trolling aside. They're going the same way as Williams.

They haven't been a "big" team in a long time based on results or reputation. But even aside from that, they've lost out big financially with Honda leaving.

They now have only the 5th biggest expenditure out of 10 teams and no-one wants to pay their ridiculous lead sponsor price. 

On top of that there have been rumours that they want to remove Alonso's massive wage bill next season and they're going to promote Lando Norris, given he has a strong season in F2. 

Adding all this up, you can't seriously expect to compete for wins and championships with the 5th biggest budget in F1 and the inability to attract and retain top drivers. Especially with the resources the top 3 teams' now have. 

They're not a superpower any more and it's starting to look questionable whether they will be again at any point in the foreseeable future. 

https://streamable.com/bt1rf

Ferrari pulling away on the straights. Monza 1-2 confirmed, boys.
Hmm I'm not sure, looks more to me like the Ferrari just has slightly better traction. On the main straight at the start of the lap they're pretty much dead even. 

Still, the fact that it's close is relieving. Hopefully it means Vettel won't be a sitting duck at every SC restart/long run to turn 1 this year on the occasions he's fortunate enough to lead. 

Archived