Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 will have a "PRO" section on Multiplayer? I hope so, because...

Recommended Posts

Hello Codemasters. I played for months with F1 2017, but multiplayer was a pain.
50% (or more) of the races ruined at the first corner. Too many players thinks that F1 2017 is "NASCAR 2017". It was a torture.
So, you'll create a "PRO" section with "No Helps" (for the driver) and ban (24h or 1 week) for who hit too many users in a small numbers of races?
Would be really appreciate. Thank you and good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great idea indeed, imho to spice it all up and make people want to become better drivers:

Pro Section should be ranked and the only way to gain experience points online, in normal online mode we shouldn't be able to level up at all.

Pro Section Races in Ranked Mode = No assists, cockpit cam only, strict corner cutting rules, realistic car damage, short or full qualifying, 25%+ race length, practice session optional.

I know this would be considered "evil" to most casuals, but in all honesty otherwise they won't bother to put some time in and actually improve their skills.....


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now this is gonna be a long one. Here's something I made up a little while ago:

Online Ranking

Now I was very happy when I saw this in f1 2017 and still love it now, however I feel there is a more in-depth possibility to his.

So how I think this should work is after your ‘ranking matches’ you will be placed at a skill level lets say the lowest you can get on a ranking match is 10 and the lowest you can get on safety is 1. From there you should be able to work your way up ro down. Everytime you best someone you will gain skill rank and every time you complete a race without any crashes your safety rank will take an increase (not necessarily a whole integer, there should be stages in-between).

Contact = A high level of contact, causing someone else performance affecting damage.

Skill rank: 10-Unlimited

Safety Rank: 1-10

How you get Ranked: You should start off by having to do ‘ranking matches’ which are against ai and are to test your pace. A bit like say what was on f1 2014 (but actually works this time). This would I feel be a good way to test the drivers safety rating (clean racing) and the drivers potential speed. There should be 4 or 5 of them on varying difficulties of tracks and should also allow restarts which do not go against the driver as after all the ai aren’t always the greatest. (This should also 100% include monaco and that should maybe have a hidden multiplier to it).

Another thing to add is that you should not be able to gain max rank right off the bat, there should be several stages of rank

EG:

Safety: 1 and Skill: 10

           3                 15

Competitive Ranking: This should also be a feature to do competitive races against people your skill. These should be 25% races you have to sign up to in advance, and the aim of this would be to reach the top 20 highest ranked people in the world, to be in the 50% race on every Sunday which is officially broadcast by Codemasters. There should also be tournaments which are discussed in further detail a couple of ideas below.

The difference between this and a normal rank is it is more highly regarded and the rank cannot be changed in Custom lobbies and you have to sign up to this special type of lobby and for races at your rank only.

Also if fully dedicated servers are not possible, this type of lobby should be prioritised and should have the access to the best servers available at the time.

The rules in these lobbies should also be much stricter, also should only allow Auto gears and Racing line as assists. Aswell as 150ms is the maximum ping for these lobbies.

As ben also mentioned there should be custom liveries. Maybe there is a loophole or codies can make their own money from this ‘competitive’ scene somehow. So therefore in this series there should be a spec car and say the top 100 players in the world get to make their own liveries. Ofcourse the custom livery should only be allowed in this mode as well.  (It should use the normal standard cars up until top 100 players so this acts as another motivation to play the game more).

On statistics should also be in place however should show what assists you run most, and seperate the competitive race stats from normal race stats.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@haydn23

Nice post, i'd only change the ping lock from 150ms to at least 90ms, as 150ms is astronomical in terms of lagspikes etc. and a total killer for racing games in particular imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great idea indeed, imho to spice it all up and make people want to become better drivers:

Pro Section should be ranked and the only way to gain experience points online, in normal online mode we shouldn't be able to level up at all.

Pro Section Races in Ranked Mode = No assists, cockpit cam only, strict corner cutting rules, realistic car damage, short or full qualifying, 25%+ race length, practice session optional.

I know this would be considered "evil" to most casuals, but in all honesty otherwise they won't bother to put some time in and actually improve their skills.....


Good idea! I agree.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like you mean no assists with "No Helps"...
I think some assists have to be allowed as it would not have almost any players in it

I think the best way is to punish everyone who have been in a collision with experience loss like in 2011. If we only punish the one who the game thinks is the who caused the collision, people will be mad as the guy who caused the collision didn't get anything.

Ultimately this is something that needs to be implemented in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
Sounds like you mean no assists with "No Helps"...
I think some assists have to be allowed as it would not have almost any players in it

I think the best way is to punish everyone who have been in a collision with experience loss like in 2011. If we only punish the one who the game thinks is the who caused the collision, people will be mad as the guy who caused the collision didn't get anything.

Ultimately this is something that needs to be implemented in some way.

Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)
Well I mean in that case there won't be many drivers to play with in the end, as most drivers do drive with assists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great idea indeed, imho to spice it all up and make people want to become better drivers:

Pro Section should be ranked and the only way to gain experience points online, in normal online mode we shouldn't be able to level up at all.

Pro Section Races in Ranked Mode = No assists, cockpit cam only, strict corner cutting rules, realistic car damage, short or full qualifying, 25%+ race length, practice session optional.

I know this would be considered "evil" to most casuals, but in all honesty otherwise they won't bother to put some time in and actually improve their skills.....


I dunno why everyone has such a hard on for cockpit cam it makes no difference to other drivers what camera a person uses so I'm fine with all of what you said except the forcing people to a specific camera view that's not cool drivers should be free to choose to run in what ever view they like.Plus with the abominable halo in coming who in their right mind would even want to run in cockpit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haydn23 said:
Now this is gonna be a long one. Here's something I made up a little while ago:

Online Ranking

Now I was very happy when I saw this in f1 2017 and still love it now, however I feel there is a more in-depth possibility to his.

So how I think this should work is after your ‘ranking matches’ you will be placed at a skill level lets say the lowest you can get on a ranking match is 10 and the lowest you can get on safety is 1. From there you should be able to work your way up ro down. Everytime you best someone you will gain skill rank and every time you complete a race without any crashes your safety rank will take an increase (not necessarily a whole integer, there should be stages in-between).

Contact = A high level of contact, causing someone else performance affecting damage.

Skill rank: 10-Unlimited

Safety Rank: 1-10

How you get Ranked: You should start off by having to do ‘ranking matches’ which are against ai and are to test your pace. A bit like say what was on f1 2014 (but actually works this time). This would I feel be a good way to test the drivers safety rating (clean racing) and the drivers potential speed. There should be 4 or 5 of them on varying difficulties of tracks and should also allow restarts which do not go against the driver as after all the ai aren’t always the greatest. (This should also 100% include monaco and that should maybe have a hidden multiplier to it).

Another thing to add is that you should not be able to gain max rank right off the bat, there should be several stages of rank

EG:

Safety: 1 and Skill: 10

           3                 15

Competitive Ranking: This should also be a feature to do competitive races against people your skill. These should be 25% races you have to sign up to in advance, and the aim of this would be to reach the top 20 highest ranked people in the world, to be in the 50% race on every Sunday which is officially broadcast by Codemasters. There should also be tournaments which are discussed in further detail a couple of ideas below.

The difference between this and a normal rank is it is more highly regarded and the rank cannot be changed in Custom lobbies and you have to sign up to this special type of lobby and for races at your rank only.

Also if fully dedicated servers are not possible, this type of lobby should be prioritised and should have the access to the best servers available at the time.

The rules in these lobbies should also be much stricter, also should only allow Auto gears and Racing line as assists. Aswell as 150ms is the maximum ping for these lobbies.

As ben also mentioned there should be custom liveries. Maybe there is a loophole or codies can make their own money from this ‘competitive’ scene somehow. So therefore in this series there should be a spec car and say the top 100 players in the world get to make their own liveries. Ofcourse the custom livery should only be allowed in this mode as well.  (It should use the normal standard cars up until top 100 players so this acts as another motivation to play the game more).

On statistics should also be in place however should show what assists you run most, and seperate the competitive race stats from normal race stats.



Only one problem with your safety rating thing is codies make the game! The game cannot hardly ever determine correctly who is responsible for a collision,I've no idea how many times I've been smashed into or punted off by some cretin and given the penalty for it! So you'd end up losing safety rating through no fault of your own and racing all the wacky racers anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)
Well I mean in that case there won't be many drivers to play with in the end, as most drivers do drive with assists.
Well perhaps it would also give them an incentive to turn off the assists which is no bad thing in my book .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only one answer to your question, that solves it all since all these very good idea's probably never reach the drawing board:

League racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)
Well I mean in that case there won't be many drivers to play with in the end, as most drivers do drive with assists.
Well, i played for many months with "No Assists" in single-player and multi-player. It's not so hard. Obviously, you can't push as with assists... :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great idea indeed, imho to spice it all up and make people want to become better drivers:

Pro Section should be ranked and the only way to gain experience points online, in normal online mode we shouldn't be able to level up at all.

Pro Section Races in Ranked Mode = No assists, cockpit cam only, strict corner cutting rules, realistic car damage, short or full qualifying, 25%+ race length, practice session optional.

I know this would be considered "evil" to most casuals, but in all honesty otherwise they won't bother to put some time in and actually improve their skills.....


I dunno why everyone has such a hard on for cockpit cam it makes no difference to other drivers what camera a person uses so I'm fine with all of what you said except the forcing people to a specific camera view that's not cool drivers should be free to choose to run in what ever view they like
Plus with the abominable halo in coming who in their right mind would even want to run in cockpit!
Yep. I can agree for the camera (about "forcing people to a specific camera").



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only one answer to your question, that solves it all since all these very good idea's probably never reach the drawing board:

League racing.

Maybe that could be a "third" way. Multiplayer -> "Regular" or "Pro". Multiplayer -> "League Racing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)
Well I mean in that case there won't be many drivers to play with in the end, as most drivers do drive with assists.
Well, i played for many months with "No Assists" in single-player and multi-player. It's not so hard. Obviously, you can't push as with assists... :smile:
I don't think I wanted to know your experiences with no assists. I have been racing mainly without any assists for years now... But the fact still stays. Around 4.5% of the PC players have completed one race without any assists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
UP100 said:
Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)
Well I mean in that case there won't be many drivers to play with in the end, as most drivers do drive with assists.
Well, i played for many months with "No Assists" in single-player and multi-player. It's not so hard. Obviously, you can't push as with assists... :smile:
I don't think I wanted to know your experiences with no assists. I have been racing mainly without any assists for years now... But the fact still stays. Around 4.5% of the PC players have completed one race without any assists.
That's why we need a "Pro" section. For me, races with people that use "Full assists" vs users with "No Assists" have no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great idea indeed, imho to spice it all up and make people want to become better drivers:

Pro Section should be ranked and the only way to gain experience points online, in normal online mode we shouldn't be able to level up at all.

Pro Section Races in Ranked Mode = No assists, cockpit cam only, strict corner cutting rules, realistic car damage, short or full qualifying, 25%+ race length, practice session optional.

I know this would be considered "evil" to most casuals, but in all honesty otherwise they won't bother to put some time in and actually improve their skills.....


I dunno why everyone has such a hard on for cockpit cam it makes no difference to other drivers what camera a person uses so I'm fine with all of what you said except the forcing people to a specific camera view that's not cool drivers should be free to choose to run in what ever view they like.Plus with the abominable halo in coming who in their right mind would even want to run in cockpit!
Yes, people should always have options left for sure.

But this is a hypothetical "Pro Online Mode" we are talking about, so forcing us into cockpit mode would make sense especially as "E-Sports" has made its way into the F1 franchise and this would make the driving more interesting as well as skillbased as spacial awareness becomes a much bigger factor in this cam view.

Codemasters would need to massively improve the automatic "look to apex" feature in cockpit mode to make things easier, also we would need to have more freedom in a wider range of parameters to choose from in order to get full control on how we want to set up our individual cam view values, a helmet cam with visor tear offs would also be a nice feature to be added.

At the end it all depends on whether or not Codies got bought up by some big investors and have more ressources to spend this time seeing as they were floating on the stockmarket ready to be opened up a couple of months ago.

PS: It was kind of painful to watch the "E-S
Sports" championship not being driven in cockpit mode and being restricted to 25% sprint races rather than the full race distance, hope they will force us to try harder this year.




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
UP100 said:
Yep, "No Assists". I understand your point of view, but if  it's "PRO"... :)
Well I mean in that case there won't be many drivers to play with in the end, as most drivers do drive with assists.
Well, i played for many months with "No Assists" in single-player and multi-player. It's not so hard. Obviously, you can't push as with assists... :smile:
I don't think I wanted to know your experiences with no assists. I have been racing mainly without any assists for years now... But the fact still stays. Around 4.5% of the PC players have completed one race without any assists.
Codies could implement a "driver school" mode where casuals and or newcomers get to learn every tracks characteristics, how to set up the car, how to drive with different techniques in order to be fast and good on the tyres, how to attack and defend with the proper ettiquette of a fair racing driver etc.

There are many options to make us become better drivers, rewarding higher skilled players with more experience points to rank up faster is one of them.

PS: I'd suggest a unlock system being closely connected to the experience points we gain for accessories such as:

new balaclavas, new gloves, new shoes, new avatars, new player cards, new podium celebrations, new helmets, new helmet designs, new color palets, new visor tints, new knee protectors, new HANS devices and or for career mode accessories such as getting extra points to unlock new parts faster etc.

But:

Full assists = 0% extra boost on xp
Full assists + cockpit cam = 5% extra boost on xp
Medium assists = 5% extra boost on xp
Medium assists + cockpit cam = 10% extra boost on xp
No assists = 45% extra boost on xp
No assists + cockpit cam = 50% extra boost on xp

This would keep us on our toes to go on and do our best in making the most of no assists driving.

PPS: The costs for the accessory unlocks should be really high so that it will take at least 8 - 10 hours of playtime for a "no assists driver" to unlock a single new balaclava for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wish they would remove the racing line from online too. Have it in practice programs for career races or in some quick races - no issue with that, but the number of guys you see in video's who don't race the track at all and just drive to the green and red marking is absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
Wish they would remove the racing line from online too. Have it in practice programs for career races or in some quick races - no issue with that, but the number of guys you see in video's who don't race the track at all and just drive to the green and red marking is absurd.

E: This is replying generally about online mode, I have no idea why is this in here as it clearly says "from online"
I disagree with this. I don't play the game often enough to want to learn the track's braking points as it would take ages for me, and then doing the same for wet and intermediate weathers. It's a must have for a person who isn't that interested about playing games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UP100 said:
 It's a must have for a person who isn't that interested about playing games.
My bad, I thought we were talking about playing games. If you want to be good at anything, whether gaming or real life, generally, practice makes perfect.

Too many games just hand it to you. Don't know the tracks? Reduce AI level to suit pace. Get some friends to race with online and they'll help teach you.

Most tracks are there every year so you only need to learn the general braking zones once and you have a good baseline for each game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
UP100 said:
 It's a must have for a person who isn't that interested about playing games.
My bad, I thought we were talking about playing games. If you want to be good at anything, whether gaming or real life, generally, practice makes perfect.

Too many games just hand it to you. Don't know the tracks? Reduce AI level to suit pace. Get some friends to race with online and they'll help teach you.

Most tracks are there every year so you only need to learn the general braking zones once and you have a good baseline for each game. 
I understand the point of view of UP100, but i agree with you. You don't need to learn every year a new track (and anyway, i always talk about a "PRO" section not a "GENERAL" for who just want to have fun with a game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
UP100 said:
 It's a must have for a person who isn't that interested about playing games.
My bad, I thought we were talking about playing games. If you want to be good at anything, whether gaming or real life, generally, practice makes perfect.

Too many games just hand it to you. Don't know the tracks? Reduce AI level to suit pace. Get some friends to race with online and they'll help teach you.

Most tracks are there every year so you only need to learn the general braking zones once and you have a good baseline for each game. 
That's kind of a strange opinion. You rather want people to crash into you in races as they guess where they have to break instead of using something which helps them do it.

Only thing racing line is anyways is a virtual braking markers. They are literally the same as using something in the circuit to help you brake at the correct time. This gives me a lot of more time to have fun in a game I like to play every now and then. It's not as simple to learn the braking points without it, as I can't just go and watch some random hotlap, because people take different lines in the corner depending on their setup.

So tell me one reason I should become slower. I'm not blindly following it. It's literally just a reference for me such as "I have to break around half a second after the racing line tells me to", nothing else.

Also why should I use 2 hours to learn a track for a single 5 lap race in multiplayer? We are still talking about the online multiplayer in general, not the pro mode we are discussing here.

Actually here's a "great" video showing how 10 hours practicing without racing line made me much worse, as I can't expect to practice for every situation in that time. https://youtu.be/7RG85HoYL9A
Well I mean these also partly happened (at times) because of wheel driver issues, or screen recorder increasing the amount of freezes.

There is not really any kind of reason to remove racing line from the assists in normal casual public lobbies. Sure I would have agreed with you if you would've been speaking about the PRO mode, but for some reason you don't want it to be in casual play either. It sounds like you're just salty that someone collided with you in multiplayer, which is fine for me, but trying to remove something most drivers rely on is kind of annoying. It's like you feel you're better than everyone else just because you don't use the racing line, and I'm not claiming here to be better than you of course, as I had during that time around 60 hours in the game.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×