Sim Racing Telemetry available for download

Kafumanto said:

(1) Absolutely yes, we are already working on it.

(2) In the stores you can find screenshots for near all the supported features (iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sim-racing-telemetry/id1288695792?ls=1&mt=8 ; Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unamedia.srt ).

Starting from today, SRT is also available on PC/mac on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/845210/Sim_Racing_Telemetry/ . There you'll find also a short video.

(3) The current application can be used in Trial Mode for unlimited time, with all supported games, with access to all the features. The only limits of the Trial Mode are the available parameters and the number of storable sessions.
It looked it up on steam and need to say, I like it.
Now i have another question.....
Does this software work also to register the data on pc, while playing the game on PS4?
It looks more interesting to run/analyse the data on a big screen instead of a tablet or phone.

ExSerCO said:
Kafumanto said:

(1) Absolutely yes, we are already working on it.

(2) In the stores you can find screenshots for near all the supported features (iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sim-racing-telemetry/id1288695792?ls=1&mt=8 ; Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unamedia.srt ).

Starting from today, SRT is also available on PC/mac on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/845210/Sim_Racing_Telemetry/ . There you'll find also a short video.

(3) The current application can be used in Trial Mode for unlimited time, with all supported games, with access to all the features. The only limits of the Trial Mode are the available parameters and the number of storable sessions.
It looked it up on steam and need to say, I like it.
Now i have another question.....
Does this software work also to register the data on pc, while playing the game on PS4?
It looks more interesting to run/analyse the data on a big screen instead of a tablet or phone.
Glad you liked it :)

Yes: you can run SRT on your PC and record data from your game on PS4. The only requirement is that both the PC and the PS4 must be connected to the same router with the same connection type (ie both connected wirelessly or both connected by cable). Here you can find the detailed instructions for F1 2017: https://www.simracingtelemetry.com/help/F12017/ (they are also available in the recording screen of SRT, pressing the Help button).

Kafumanto said:
Yes: you can run SRT on your PC and record data from your game on PS4. The only requirement is that both the PC and the PS4 must be connected to the same router with the same connection type (ie both connected wirelessly or both connected by cable). Here you can find the detailed instructions for F1 2017: https://www.simracingtelemetry.com/help/F12017/ (they are also available in the recording screen of SRT, pressing the Help button).

Good!
I will install the trial on my laptop and test with it first.
I will wait to buy the full version until F1 2018 is out. I have pre-ordered thatone;
Will your SRT work immediatly on the 2018 version or does it still need alot of adjustments on that date?

ExSerCO said:
Kafumanto said:

Good!
I will install the trial on my laptop and test with it first.
I will wait to buy the full version until F1 2018 is out. I have pre-ordered thatone;
Will your SRT work immediatly on the 2018 version or does it still need alot of adjustments on that date?
Great :) Thanks.

We are already working on F1 2018, so we should have support for it at day-0.

Hi,
can not buy my hotlap with other drivers in time trial in F1 2017 or 2018?
I can only buy my own laps?
What do you mean with "buy"? If you mean "compare" or "record", then the answer is negative: the game doesn't share detailed telemetry data of other cars. You can only record and analyze your own telemetry. In the future we'll work on a feature to share recorded telemetry data, so that you can compare your recording with the ones from your friends or others.

Kafumanto said:
Hi,
can not buy my hotlap with other drivers in time trial in F1 2017 or 2018?
I can only buy my own laps?
What do you mean with "buy"? If you mean "compare" or "record", then the answer is negative: the game doesn't share detailed telemetry data of other cars. You can only record and analyze your own telemetry. In the future we'll work on a feature to share recorded telemetry data, so that you can compare your recording with the ones from your friends or others.
  Thank's friend.

Are you able to add a data/stat hub to this app?

Something that captures the key data for each driver to create a nifty summary stat page and one for each track in career mode?

Nastra100 said:

Something that captures the key data for each driver to create a nifty summary stat page and one for each track in career mode?
What type of data/stats would you like to see? Could you share an example?

Kafumanto said:
Nastra100 said:

So would we be able to collate after the race for each race of the season a summary for each driver:
Qualifying position, final race position, fastest lap, stints and changes, laps led, number of stops, tyre choices

For each track would we be able to see going back to the start of the particular career mode:
Poles, Qualifying positions, race winners and podium places, fastest laps, typical stints

Hi, I've downloaded yesterday the trial version for f1 2017, pretty impressive really a great work. But aparts frome the classic data (breking points, usage of gas and brakes, gears etc) how exactly should i read, understand and use the data about dampers, suspensions high, wheels speed etc (which i know are available in the pro.version)? I mean, is there a way to learn how to read those data to use for changing car setup and gaining time on the lap? Is there a guide or a book to read out there? Thank you! :) 

Nastra100 said:
Kafumanto said:
Nastra100 said:

So would we be able to collate after the race for each race of the season a summary for each driver:
Qualifying position, final race position, fastest lap, stints and changes, laps led, number of stops, tyre choices

For each track would we be able to see going back to the start of the particular career mode:
Poles, Qualifying positions, race winners and podium places, fastest laps, typical stints

Thanks for the clarification! Some of these data are surely available so we could think to add a "career summary" feature in the future. I took the note :) Thanks for the proposal!

Alastre said:
Hi, I've downloaded yesterday the trial version for f1 2017, pretty impressive really a great work. But aparts frome the classic data (breking points, usage of gas and brakes, gears etc) how exactly should i read, understand and use the data about dampers, suspensions high, wheels speed etc (which i know are available in the pro.version)? I mean, is there a way to learn how to read those data to use for changing car setup and gaining time on the lap? Is there a guide or a book to read out there? Thank you! :) 
Telemetry analysis is a very "technical" subject and in the future we'll work on new features to make it more "accessible" (one of these features will be part of an update in the next months).
In practice, to take advantage of telemetry data you must understand very well the "car dynamics" subject. I suggest you to read about it, online or on some good book (e.g. "Tune to Win"). When car dynamics will be clear, also telemetry data will be more manageable.
We also create a sub-Reddit to discuss about telemetry, but we need more users at the moment :) It's here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SimRacingTelemetry/ 

Kafumanto said:
Alastre said:
Telemetry analysis is a very "technical" subject and in the future we'll work on new features to make it more "accessible" (one of these features will be part of an update in the next months).
In practice, to take advantage of telemetry data you must understand very well the "car dynamics" subject. I suggest you to read about it, online or on some good book (e.g. "Tune to Win"). When car dynamics will be clear, also telemetry data will be more manageable.
We also create a sub-Reddit to discuss about telemetry, but we need more users at the moment :) It's here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SimRacingTelemetry/ 
First of all thank you very much for your quick and detalied reply. I'll look forward to this update...I see your point, but with "car dynamics" do you mean stuffs like "stiffening the front rollbar will cause understeer" or "softening the rear spings will add grip to the rear but will cause overstering?" In this case, how a certain date on the telemetry about the springs usage will tell me they are too or not enough soft? This is what I don't understand...anyway will we be able to use the app next week with f1 2018 as well? :) Look forward to buy the pro version

Alastre said:
Kafumanto said:
Alastre said:
First of all thank you very much for your quick and detalied reply. I'll look forward to this update...I see your point, but with "car dynamics" do you mean stuffs like "stiffening the front rollbar will cause understeer" or "softening the rear spings will add grip to the rear but will cause overstering?" In this case, how a certain date on the telemetry about the springs usage will tell me they are too or not enough soft? This is what I don't understand...anyway will we be able to use the app next week with f1 2018 as well? :) Look forward to buy the pro version
I mean "I know the physics reason why stiffening the front rollbar causes understeer" :) This is the reason telemetry data are hard to master. There are no simple rules to follow unfortunately, but when you understand the physics behind the car dynamics (causes and effects in a physics sense), you'll be able to decipher telemetry data at take advantage of them.

About F1 2018: we already have a working integration. We should be able to release the DLC/IAP few days after the release of the game :)

Kafumanto said:
Alastre said:
Kafumanto said:
Alastre said:
I mean "I know the physics reason why stiffening the front rollbar causes understeer" :) This is the reason telemetry data are hard to master. There are no simple rules to follow unfortunately, but when you understand the physics behind the car dynamics (causes and effects in a physics sense), you'll be able to decipher telemetry data at take advantage of them.

About F1 2018: we already have a working integration. We should be able to release the DLC/IAP few days after the release of the game :)
Got it now finally.. Thank you once more 

Can you post a video or link from a working version?
Not from demo version?
I would love to see what I buy.

Hey can you add a feature, that we could evaluate our cornering performance?

I mean add a feature that we could set a starting point and ending point of the spesific part of the circuit, which gives data about this part for example, the time, min speed, mean speed vs...

That gives us a chance to analyse, different styles of cornering types(early apex, late apex)

ExSerCO said:
Can you post a video or link from a working version?
Not from demo version?
I would love to see what I buy.

The Trial Mode has the same features of the Pro version. The Trial Mode limits only the available parameters and the number of save slots. So, if you find the Trial Mode useful, with the Pro version you simply have more data available.

oner7 said:
Hey can you add a feature, that we could evaluate our cornering performance?

I mean add a feature that we could set a starting point and ending point of the spesific part of the circuit, which gives data about this part for example, the time, min speed, mean speed vs...

That gives us a chance to analyse, different styles of cornering types(early apex, late apex)
This is precisely a feature that will come in a future update :) Thanks anyway for suggesting it. We are now working on a feature that will be the first step for the above idea, it should be available in ~2 months.

Comparison of laps from one session to another session would be a good feature.

we could then share SRT files with friends and compare driver to driver. 

At the moment very limited feature to allow analysis for comparisons.

agree it allows comparison between a single drivers different setup, but a feature that allows comparison against a “Brandon Leigh” type lap would be most helpful. SRT just need to sign up some top ESports driver and get a set of reference laps pit together.

Comparison of laps from one session to another session would be a good feature.

we could then share SRT files with friends and compare driver to driver. 

At the moment very limited feature to allow analysis for comparisons.

agree it allows comparison between a single drivers different setup, but a feature that allows comparison against a “Brandon Leigh” type lap would be most helpful. SRT just need to sign up some top ESports driver and get a set of reference laps pit together.
Thanks for the feedback and for all the suggestions!

Hi Kafumanto!

I use and love your telemetry program. Very intuitive to use.

As a career player though its missing a few basic things to really be effective.
In general I would like some idea where the AI is faster than me when analyzing my laps

1. AI data. Ideally telemetry. (I know thats probably not possible)
      -At the least split times and speed trap of their best lap or list of laps
     -Ability to overlay AI driver and player sector splits and speed trap on map analyzation screen. (for easy comparison)
2. Indicators of sector sections and speed trap on map screen. So I can analyze my performance in each sector
3. Sector indicators on data analysis screen
4. New Data point- Downforce. If possible a way to show amount of downforce generated. Helps with setting ride height so the diffuser doesn't stall out if rear is too low.

Anyway keep up the good work!