Sim Racing Telemetry available for download

hmmmm....
It looks that I need to install steam on the pc to be able to use it.
I don't like that.
Why don't you guys look for another way to make the download available.

ExSerCO said:
hmmmm....
It looks that I need to install steam on the pc to be able to use it.
I don't like that.
Why don't you guys look for another way to make the download available.
You can download on your phone or tablet too fyi. 

Installing steam isn't a big deal btw.

Metzgerov said:
Hi Kafumanto!

I use and love your telemetry program. Very intuitive to use.

As a career player though its missing a few basic things to really be effective.
In general I would like some idea where the AI is faster than me when analyzing my laps

1. AI data. Ideally telemetry. (I know thats probably not possible)
      -At the least split times and speed trap of their best lap or list of laps
     -Ability to overlay AI driver and player sector splits and speed trap on map analyzation screen. (for easy comparison)
2. Indicators of sector sections and speed trap on map screen. So I can analyze my performance in each sector
3. Sector indicators on data analysis screen
4. New Data point- Downforce. If possible a way to show amount of downforce generated. Helps with setting ride height so the diffuser doesn't stall out if rear is too low.

Anyway keep up the good work!
Hi Metzgerov, thanks for all the suggestions! I took note of them, all very helpful.

About point 1, as you suspected, the game shares limited data of AI cars respect to the player car. It could be hard to retrieve meaningful information.
About point 4, there is not this information available from the game (they are the only one that can compute it precisely - like the ride height), but if it exists some "magic formula" we could add it in the future.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Molucky said:

Looking forward to 2019 edition!

Thanks! It will be available in few weeks, we are finalizing a new feature that we would like to release together.

On 7/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Kafumanto said:

Thanks! It will be available in few weeks, we are finalizing a new feature that we would like to release together.

Hi Kafumanto,

Will you guys include (or maybe it's already there), some kind of tutorial/instructions on how to use this thing? I am very interested..

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Voznik said:

Hi Kafumanto,

Will you guys include (or maybe it's already there), some kind of tutorial/instructions on how to use this thing? I am very interested..

Thanks!

Hi Voznik!

unfortunately we don't have useful guides, in the past we partnered also with an eSports team to produce a serie of video tutorials about telemetry but it not worked well. In general anything about car physics and dynamics is helpful with telemetry. We created a sub-reddit where discuss the topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/SimRacingTelemetry/ . There are few users, but there are some useful links there.

• Agree 1

Hi,

Is possible to use this app and a a sim dashboard in the same android device? 

Can i change the listening port in the app in order to make it run in another device?

Thanks,

Edited by pedrosdt

50 minutes ago, pedrosdt said:

Hi,

Is possible to use this app and a a sim dashboard in the same android device? 

Can i change the listening port in the app in order to make it run in another device?

Thanks,

Hi! Unfortunately for technical reasons (iOS and Android don't allow apps in background to receive UDP packets sent in broadcast mode) SRT must run in foreground on mobile devices, so it's not possible (in general) to have it run on background while using a dashboard app on the same device. This is instead supported on PC and Mac. For the above reason, changing the listening port was not a priority and so it's not supported at the moment (but we'll add this feature in a future release as it's useful on other platforms, like PC).

29 minutes ago, Kafumanto said:

Hi! Unfortunately for technical reasons (iOS and Android don't allow apps in background to receive UDP packets sent in broadcast mode) SRT must run in foreground on mobile devices, so it's not possible (in general) to have it run on background while using a dashboard app on the same device. This is instead supported on PC and Mac. For the above reason, changing the listening port was not a priority and so it's not supported at the moment (but we'll add this feature in a future release as it's useful on other platforms, like PC).

Hi

I play in Xbox One and I use Sim Dashboard, i want to use SRT too and i think there is a solution wich involves the use of a pc (Sim Racing Proxy Server) wich allows to send de udp information to diferent IPs (in my case 2 android devices), but it forces me to choose diferent ports for each ip. I imagine that this solution should work if I can change SRT or Sim dashboard port to avoid conflicts (SD confirmed me it´s not possible now), so I hope you can add the feature in the future or correct me if you think i´m wrong.

Thanks

Captura.JPG

2 hours ago, pedrosdt said:

Hi

I play in Xbox One and I use Sim Dashboard, i want to use SRT too and i think there is a solution wich involves the use of a pc (Sim Racing Proxy Server) wich allows to send de udp information to diferent IPs (in my case 2 android devices), but it forces me to choose diferent ports for each ip. I imagine that this solution should work if I can change SRT or Sim dashboard port to avoid conflicts (SD confirmed me it´s not possible now), so I hope you can add the feature in the future or correct me if you think i´m wrong.

Thanks

Captura.JPG

Hi! I think you are on the right direction. It's strange that your proxy server requires a different remote port for each different remote IP address; could you double check it? If SRT is running on it's own device (and so on with its own unique IP address), you should not have any issue at all (as the remote ports are relative to different devices). If this doesn't work, please try with another proxy server (e.g. "Codemasters Proxy Server" (http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/).

In general, the following is the "workaround" we suggest to use SRT together with other applications on the same PC (if other applications can change their listening port) [note that if SRT is running on a separate device, this is not needed as you can simply specify the IP address of such device]:

---

Instructions below have been verified using "Codemasters Proxy Server" (http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/), but likely they should work also for other similar tools (eg "SimHub Software"). At the moment SRT doesn't support the change of the listening UDP port on F1 games, so the trick is to configure both the game and the UDP relay server to use a non default port:

1. configure the F1 game to send data to another port than 20777 (eg 20778);
  2. configure the UDP relay server (i.e. "Codemasters Proxy Server" or "SimHub Software") to receive data on the new configured port (e.g. 20778);
  3. configure other apps (eg "SLI Max Manager Pro") to receive data on new ports (e.g. 20779);
  4. configure the UDP relay server to forward data to the ports 20777 (used by SRT) and 20779 (used by the other app).

---

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Kafumanto said:

Hi! I think you are on the right direction. It's strange that your proxy server requires a different remote port for each different remote IP address; could you double check it? If SRT is running on it's own device (and so on with its own unique IP address), you should not have any issue at all (as the remote ports are relative to different devices). If this doesn't work, please try with another proxy server (e.g. "Codemasters Proxy Server" (http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/).

In general, the following is the "workaround" we suggest to use SRT together with other applications on the same PC (if other applications can change their listening port) [note that if SRT is running on a separate device, this is not needed as you can simply specify the IP address of such device]:

---

Instructions below have been verified using "Codemasters Proxy Server" (http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/), but likely they should work also for other similar tools (eg "SimHub Software"). At the moment SRT doesn't support the change of the listening UDP port on F1 games, so the trick is to configure both the game and the UDP relay server to use a non default port:

1. configure the F1 game to send data to another port than 20777 (eg 20778);
  2. configure the UDP relay server (i.e. "Codemasters Proxy Server" or "SimHub Software") to receive data on the new configured port (e.g. 20778);
  3. configure other apps (eg "SLI Max Manager Pro") to receive data on new ports (e.g. 20779);
  4. configure the UDP relay server to forward data to the ports 20777 (used by SRT) and 20779 (used by the other app).

---

Hi,

I tried Codemasters Proxy Server and had the same issue, it´s not possible to choose the same port in two IPs. 

Anyway, i finally turned on the broadcast mode in the UDP F1 2019 options and it worked, so i can have Sim Dashboard and Sim Racing Telemetry working at the same time in different devices (without proxy server so i don´t need the pc). I don´t know why i didn´t try this before....

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 hour ago, pedrosdt said:

Hi,

I tried Codemasters Proxy Server and had the same issue, it´s not possible to choose the same port in two IPs. 

Anyway, i finally turned on the broadcast mode in the UDP F1 2019 options and it worked, so i can have Sim Dashboard and Sim Racing Telemetry working at the same time in different devices (without proxy server so i don´t need the pc). I don´t know why i didn´t try this before....

Thanks a lot for your help.

Right! Broadcasting is surely a simpler solution in this case. Nice finding 🙂 Glad you solved!!

Do you know when you will give a demo video so we can get an understanding how to fully use it?

I like what see in the demo, now I just need to put it to good use.

Will it record your team mate or another drive either ai or real person?

I will try it in online & in TT mode to compare ...

When I use the map section how can I get it to continuously loop instead of move-in the marker to the start?

So far I can say it's a nice app £8 not that high but if you have more than 1 game you want to use. Maybe a discount for 2 or more unlocks.

14 hours ago, Hygradeb said:

Do you know when you will give a demo video so we can get an understanding how to fully use it?

I like what see in the demo, now I just need to put it to good use.

Will it record your team mate or another drive either ai or real person?

I will try it in online & in TT mode to compare ...

When I use the map section how can I get it to continuously loop instead of move-in the marker to the start?

So far I can say it's a nice app £8 not that high but if you have more than 1 game you want to use. Maybe a discount for 2 or more unlocks.

Hi!

Unfortunately we are not planning any instructional video, as telemetry is a complex topic and requires a personal study and understanding of car dynamics, i.e. the physics of the car handling. It's bound 100% to the parameters that you can read from telemetry. As soon as you'll understand the physics of the car and it's dynamics, you'll understand the telemetry data and how to change the setup accordingly.

We have a sub-Reddit to discuss about telemetry in sim racing games: https://www.reddit.com/r/SimRacingTelemetry/ . At the moment is not very active but contains useful links and videos.

Here some resources that helps working with telemetry:

To answer the other questions:

• SRT records only your own telemetry, not the one from other drivers (games usually don't share such data for evident reasons, and F1 games share only some information);
  • what do you mean with "continuously loop"? The marker on the map is only controlled by the cursor below the map, that allows you to select a position on the track (as distance from the start of the lap).

Posted (edited)

It's. Start thanks 👍🏾 

When you looking at the map and the markers goes round, can this be set to loop so you don't have to move the marker right to left to start again.

Reason I asked was twice it seem to do it's own thing at moved round the track twice but I couldn't do it again.

Can the app help with car setup?

Edited by Hygradeb

Posted (edited)

Android version

PS4 console

T300 wheel.

Another question in full version when Using the map to compare track times off two laps does the markers separate to show when and where you lost time?

I.e

say you hace red and green markers.

Green is the best lap time 

Red is a few tenths out say about 1/2 a car length.👨‍👨‍👦‍👦

Both  markers are side by side until you get to one corner where the red marker break to early.

Will the red marker move so it's not level  show you where you lost time and adjust accordingly behind green marker all the way to the finish line just like the compared value?

Another thing that would be useful is showing each sector and showing the braking markers.

Especially the brake markers that would just give more clarity of too early and too late braking..

If not is that something you will be adding?

What about offline data reading/storage, I noticed your app doesn't have storage permission so we can't move away from the PS4 to read the data. That would be a good add to your next update. 

Small things like the above can help new people like me get a grip of the application quicker and enjoy it more and pay for it quicker.

For now until I get the basics understand of the app i can't purchase, but once I know  just a bit I be happy to pay for the app.

So far I can say I am glad you made the application.

Shame I didn't find it when F1 2019 came out,:classic_biggrin: so I can enjoy a year & a bit b4 thinking of F1 2020 & paying for another year subscription..

:classic_biggrin:👍🏾👍🏾

Edited by Hygradeb
More ideas to come.lol

Hi Hygradeb,

thanks a lot for all the nice feedbacks and suggestions! We'll analyze them. In particular the ones about the "comparison" feature in the map view. Representing the TDiff is something we though about in the past, but we had no time to implement. But it's in our todo list.

What do you mean with "offline data reading/storage"? At the moment all recorded telemetries are stored on your device. In next updates we'll add the option to share such telemetries with other users and export them to CSV files for further analysis.

Posted (edited)

@Kafumanto

Offline problems has gone must off been me.

Maybe I didn't complete the lap or something stupid.

Tried it again completed the whole practice & data was there when PS4 was off.

for me using the map so far is showing me where I loosing time. Just need to see how it can help me gain time.

Maybe you can add a perfect lap time for each track that we can use as a guide 🤔 , a base line in each Parameter .

I may just buy it 4 fun, it's making the game a bit more fun 

Can it be used to setup the car?🤗 So we can get the best setup for each track & weather type 😁.

Do I have to pay each year to access pro version?

Edited by Hygradeb

Maybe you can add a perfect lap time for each track that we can use as a guide 🤔 , a base line in each Parameter .

The perfect lap doesn't exist 🙂 But for next releases we plan to add a sharing feature, so you could compare your telemetry with the ones of other players that want to share it.

Can it be used to setup the car?🤗 So we can get the best setup for each track & weather type 😁.

At the moment we are not planning to add an automatic assistant. It would be a very cool feature, but it's also a very complex system and we need other features before it 🙂

Do I have to pay each year to access pro version?

Not each year, but for every game you want to have "unlimited" access to. When a module is unlocked on a platform (e.g. F1 2019 for Android), you'll be able to use it as long as you want. Different games have usually different modules (so F1 2020 will likely be a different module to unlock).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

On the map the colours are used for?

for example breaking:

is the different colours show how hard you are breaking?

Or when you are breaking at the right time and wrong time?

Is this the same for all others colours on the map?

Does the game give you information on how the car is setup?

If it does that information would be perfect to include

Ie wing 4 etc tyres bar/psi & high low temp per corner. 

Edited by Hygradeb

On 10/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, Hygradeb said:

On the map the colours are used for?

The color represents the value of the parameter: blue for the minimum value in the lap, red for the maximum value in the lap. Other colors represent the intermediate values.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, Hygradeb said:

Does the game give you information on how the car is setup?

If it does that information would be perfect to include

Ie wing 4 etc tyres bar/psi & high low temp per corner. 

You can inspect all the parameters of your car in every position in the map, including tyres pressure, temperature and a lot more. You can configure which parameters to analyze pressing the "hamburger" button at the top-right of the screen and selecting the wanted parameters (this works separately for each screen - charts, map, tabular and stats).

I have found a section that uses the word intermediate in comparison is that the sector times?

It's has .. lap time and intermediate 1,2,3

Got to say it has helped me see my mistake just need to see how it can help me improve.