Sign in to follow this  

AI cars still slowing and blocking the track in qualifying sessions

Seems like nothing has changed since I had F1 2012.

There I am in my Toro Rosso, on a flying lap in Q2 at Albert Park, sector one purple, then sector two purple, then sector 3 I come up to the back of 2 AI cars cruising around the track at very low speed. Now you would expect them to both be off the racing line one behind the other one, but no, they're across the whole width of the track, one running on the racing line, one running off the racing line. By the time I switch my fuel use to mix 1 and brake I have no time so I try to stick it through the middle of both of them and I lose part of my front wing!

I can't believe this still happens in this game and has never been rectified. At least with lap 1 of race slow AI speeds I can put on braking assist or run with a damage mod to force me to slow down, but this one really annoys me.

On a brighter note, it was nice to see Ricciardo get a 10 spot grid penalty for ramming me into the wall in Q3 :D Also, it is nice to see that difficulty levels have a good spread this year, and I've found the ideal difficulty level for me which puts my car where it should be at the end of qualifying if I drive it to it's full potential on a qualifying lap.

oh Boy you can't imagine how many times I smashed things against the wall every time s*** like that happend. I play with a wheel on pc but i guess i must have crushed 4 pc mice that way. not talking about the way the wall looks....

I cannot believe they haven't fixed this!. Oh wait, yes I can.

The thing that really got on my nerves on previous CM F1 games is when some stupid AI car left the pits the exact moment I start my flying lap and blocked me on the first corner. 

yup so wonderful to have a brake check on the main striaght after eau rouge at spa belgium at 330 kph and crashing from the swerve to avoid a penalty bullshit game is good just this problem need patching hotfix, first game for a while ive had to use flashbacks had to set it unlimited just to deal with this bug sigh thanks codies for taking my money and screwing me u the arse with troll AI crash bangers sigh

This bug has been in CM's F1 series since the beginning of time. I BET MY LIFE ON IT, this will not be patched....BUHAHAHA!!!

The worst was 2011, where the AI was scripted to drive out of the pits and immediately block you on your very last flying lap. There could be 2 seconds remaining when you cross the finish line to start your very last lap and an AI is coming out of the pits to block you. 2011 qualy also featured AI friends, where they would drive side by side talking with each other at 60 mph while you're trying to complete a flying lap behind them. I've seen packs of 3-4 cars together side-by-side blocking at 60 mph.

I feel that they are acctualy MUCH better on this in 2014. They are much more aware of you. But, if they move to the right and you do the same to get the draft from them, then you move to the left when you are close to them to overtake. Then they often move to the left too, like they think you are going to continue to the right.. So normaly for me it works fine if you just don't go for the draft of the car ahead when they are slowing down...

Yep, the worst thing is when you follow a slow car round a corner on then racing line and on exit it slams the brakes without moving off the line with you just a few feet behind. You either swerve and lose time/your wing or rear end the car and most likely get a penalty

FS7 said:
The thing that really got on my nerves on previous CM F1 games is when some stupid AI car left the pits the exact moment I start my flying lap and blocked me on the first corner. 
I get that a lot at Melbourne 

There I am in my Toro Rosso, on a flying lap in Q2 at Albert Park, sector one purple, then sector two purple, then sector 3 I come up to the back of 2 AI cars cruising around the track at very low speed. Now you would expect them to both be off the racing line one behind the other one, but no, they're across the whole width of the track, one running on the racing line, one running off the racing line. By the time I switch my fuel use to mix 1 and brake I have no time so I try to stick it through the middle of both of them and I lose part of my front wing!

Off-topic, but why are you changing your fuel mix during your flying lap?

Presumably to try and save enough fuel for another hot lap as he knows that one is ruined already

FMassa93 said:
I feel that they are acctualy MUCH better on this in 2014. They are much more aware of you. But, if they move to the right and you do the same to get the draft from them, then you move to the left when you are close to them to overtake. Then they often move to the left too, like they think you are going to continue to the right.. So normaly for me it works fine if you just don't go for the draft of the car ahead when they are slowing down...

Agree they are much more aware of you this year, I dont think ive been blocked yet after 8 quali sessions so for me this year is much better for flying laps. I always leave space and never try and get a toe and so far no blocking :) My mate on the other hand got blocked earlier so he would disagree lol!

It's one of the reasons why I use one shot qualifying. It's a shame this takes away realism to the game and adds frustration.

It's one of the reasons why I use one shot qualifying. It's a shame this takes away realism to the game and adds frustration.
OSQ is great because I get to do 1 lap with no stupid AI cars to get in the way, but at the same time OSQ sucks because I cannot use a custom setup.

Greed3789 said:

Presumably to try and save enough fuel for another hot lap as he knows that one is ruined already
Yes, that's the reason why. I see two slow AI cars a little ahead of me up the track and know my fastlap is ruined, so I dial down the fuel mix in order to save for another lap.

I have a ned career now with my new database mod, and got 18th with Williams in Melborune qualifycation.. the same thing happends 3laps in a row... I got the best 1sector time, then in the first corner of Sector 2 the AI just stopped on the racing line, 2 times i JUST managed to stop, the 3rd time I hit him so lost frontving and punture on wheel(sometims real damage mod is not so fun...:P )

So... yeah, fun to start race in 18th with team mate in 3rd because of stupid AI... 

But as I said before, I think its better this year, but when it first happends it seems like it not just happend 1 time...