What Car Do You Own?

McStanley said:
HiIs that really your Subaru Impreza WRX STi, tbtstt? I would love on those, in the WRC Blue Mica colour. They look great in this colour and are fantastic cars. I would love to own, as a second car.

McStanley
Yeah, it's really mine! Had it for almost 9 years now. I used it as daily driver for about 3 years, then got a diesel runaround so I could keep the mileage on the Impreza down (it was costing me so much in petrol that the runaround had paid for itself in 12 months!).

Given that I am just using the Subaru as a weekend toy, I was looking at selling it and picking up an older Impreza Type R to strip, but I just haven't got time for another project at the moment so I stuck with what I've got! 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous! I fricken love the WRX.

DiRTKING808, tbtstt's Scooby-Doo! is better than a WRX! It's a WRX STi. They are different models. WRX STi is the more meatier version and more rarer model, with more horsepower, etc. It's the one every want-to-be Subaru Impreza owner, wants.

McStanley

McStanley said:
I always wanted one as kid and you have reminded me of my love for them! :smile:

How old is your Scooby and how many miles has she done?

McStanley
I decided I wanted one when I was about 16 (thanks to a combination of Colin McRae and Gran Turismo), but it was 10 years later before I could afford to buy one!

It's a 2005 Impreza STi (or 2005 Impreza WRX STi Type UK PPP if you want the full name), its the widetrack model and the last EJ20 powered Impreza they sold in the UK. Done just over 65,000 miles now. It had around 20K on it when I bought it and I put just over 30K on it in the first three years (most of which was due to mundane town or motorway driving), which is why I opted to get a cheap runaround to stop the mileage racking up so quickly.

It was the classic shape (specifically Type R) that I had always liked, but the later cars are a bit better built and the '05 STi is still considered to be one of the best production cars sold by Subaru UK, so that's the one I opted for at the time. 

I was younger than 16 when I decided I wanted one, but in recent years I have been loving my BMW's. I still love BMW's, but the love Subaru's has come back to me. I saw three different Impreza WRX STi's today, but neither of them were in the WR Blue Mica colour. If I ever get one, it will have to be in the WR Blue Mica. I couldn't get one in another colour.

McStanley

McStanley said:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous! I fricken love the WRX.

DiRTKING808, tbtstt's Scooby-Doo! is better than a WRX! It's a WRX STi. They are different models. WRX STi is the more meatier version and more rarer model, with more horsepower, etc. It's the one every want-to-be Subaru Impreza owner, wants.

McStanley
Ya, I noticed it was an STi. I just like calling them all WRX. I’m a huge Subaru fan.  ;)

McStanley said:
I was younger than 16 when I decided I wanted one, but in recent years I have been loving my BMW's. I still love BMW's, but the love Subaru's has come back to me. I saw three different Impreza WRX STi's today, but neither of them were in the WR Blue Mica colour. If I ever get one, it will have to be in the WR Blue Mica. I couldn't get one in another colour.

McStanley
I was tempted by a black car when I bought mine, but blue is "the" colour for an Impreza (plus my car prior to the Impreza was black and it was a nightmare to keep clean), so blue is what I went with!

If I was buying again then white is the only other colour I would consider. I think the Blobeye and Hawkeye shape Impreza both look great in white.

One of my friends has a green Mk I Impreza estate. It's not a WRX or anything but it sounds glorious and has bucket seats.

fIsince08 said:
One of my friends has a green Mk I Impreza estate. It's not a WRX or anything but it sounds glorious and has bucket seats.
And I went for a ride in it today. White knuckles...

@tbtstt

I've seen them in black. They also look good in black, but the WR Blue Mica is the signature colour for an Subaru Impreza WRX STi. If am to own one, it would have to be in this colour. I could not physically ever buy one, if it's not in the WR Blue Mica paint.

McStanley

I also love the WRX in Obsidian White. I think that is a very good color. But the WR Blue is my favorite with the gold wheel package. If I was to Cherry pick any model it would be the 1997 22B WRX STi.

I also love the WRX in Obsidian White. I think that is a very good color. But the WR Blue is my favorite with the gold wheel package. If I was to Cherry pick any model it would be the 1997 22B WRX STi.

I think that's most people's top pick of Impreza! I had a chance to buy one a few years ago and didn't take it: probably my biggest regret in life to date.

22B is definitely the best looking production STi to hit the showroom, the RA-R is the best one to drive.

tbtstt said:

I think that's most people's top pick of Impreza! I had a chance to buy one a few years ago and didn't take it: probably my biggest regret in life to date.

22B is definitely the best looking production STi to hit the showroom, the RA-R is the best one to drive.
To bad time travel isn't real or you could go back and tell yourself to take the opportunity. :D

tbtstt said:

To bad time travel isn't real or you could go back and tell yourself to take the opportunity. :D
Would go back, give myself a slap and ask why on earth I didn't buy it without hesitation! :D

Some of my car history:

Supra and Celica GT:

People think the Supra would be a larger car, but it wasn't really:

My current downsized-yet-funky-looking (but not sporty) Aveo, versus my former Forester STi:

The very rare coupe Impreza 22B is nice, however, I do prefer the look the 2nd generation Impreza over the 1st. The best of the 1st generation is the coupe model.

Somebody around the corner form me used to have an coupe.

McStanley

McStanley said:
The very rare coupe Impreza 22B is nice, however, I do prefer the look the 2nd generation Impreza over the 1st. The best of the 1st generation is the coupe model.

Somebody around the corner form me used to have an coupe.

McStanley
I disagree! The original is the best looking ever, regardless of the model! The squareness of the lights is so aggressive looking.

Nice Supra @VirtuaIceMan that is one of my favorite cars of all time. As far as the Subaru’s go, the 1st gen is my favorite looking. I also really like 5th gen hatchback. Being a hardcore Subaru fan I love all the generations for the WRX. They all have their own unique characteristics.