What Car Do You Own?

Baby will be at the mechanics for a while longer it seems, Italy sent a gearbox but surprise, surprise it was the wrong one LOL. Italians!

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:02 AM, KittyFit90 said:

Baby will be at the mechanics for a while longer it seems, Italy sent a gearbox but surprise, surprise it was the wrong one LOL. Italians!

I used to work at Nissan shop as a mechanic and one of my co workers had Alfa Romeo. Actually I think he had more than one. Anyway, he had to change alternator to that thing after work. When I was leaving he had already engine hoist out and I had to ask what the hell he is doing. He just replied; changin alternator. I had no idea that fwd v6 Alfa had alternator on the back/under the rear cylinder head, so he had to lift the engine little bit to get access there. 

Me when I realised how stupidly huge job that is.

EnchantedGraciousAffenpinscher-small.gif

My co worker didin't respect my reaction.

Edited by Murikka
  • Haha 3

On 2/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, sqdstr said:

1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III

13920424_1336572599705896_3490409218929080452_o.jpg

20160806_134047.jpg

Did some updates to my Evo to give it a real Group A look

64651691_2658973387465804_3600875567076868096_o.thumb.jpg.b2ab3c4896d8944027e011e9cf6b63d1.jpg

64760857_2657829830913493_7996059869025140736_o.thumb.jpg.bc917d7521c94b673dea786c6449cc3d.jpg

• Like 3

Baby is back!!! Picked her up this afternoon after work, she's as beautiful as I remembered, oh baby mummy missed you :LOVE 

• Like 1

Hello all.

This what i am driving right now a 2014 ford focus zetec s, its a down grade from what i have had tho, but do not get me wrong its in stunning condition, sadly she only the 1.6 but goes **** hot lol.

after my other car was wrote off in a crash "it was standing still on my driveway" i was forced to find a car pretty quick and ended up with this, i love it even with the small engine of 1.6 but gets me cheap road tax £30

funny.jpg

20190423_145129.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2018 at 3:04 PM, Hughesy said:

Newest Golf                                            

gXQlXV2.jpg

Thats super nice! Loving the red!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, KittyFit90 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but that's just typical! 😂

@sqdstr

That's a lovely car. 🙂

@Matt555

Another beautiful car. My favourite Subaru blue colour too! 😉

DiRTFanNo.1

Edited by DiRTFanNo.1
Additional information added.

Soon as I get out of hospital I'm putting my z4 up for sale, I barely drive it anymore and its just wasting room in my carport. My wife wants to move her gym equipment in there to free up one of the spare bedrooms so that we can each have our own office. I read that as shes getting sick of all my work **** ending up all over the place, including on her fastidiously tidy desk. HAHA

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 6:27 AM, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@KittyFit90, hope yo get out of hospital soon. Hope it isn't anything serious. 🙂

ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1

Alcohol addiction detoxing, I was drinking at least a bottle of wine a day for about 18months. I am now committed 100% sober 🙂

• Like 1

Z4 is sold, didn't care about the price just wanted it gone. Wifey will be pleased she can move her gym equipment into the carport and now she can get her own office at home...also I get even more room for my ****. I got like another 4 boxes of fossils that I need to store at home as they are piled up on the floor in the paleontology lab lol. 

• Sad 1

@KittyFit90 yes, alcohol can be addicted. I have never got addicted to it. I only drink wine at some sort of gathering; Guests around for dinner / evening or at a party of some sort. I do not even drink alcohol once a month.

That's a shae you have sold your BMW Z4. Out of interest, how old was it and how many miles was on the clock?

It was a 2011 model and had roughly 30,000km on it, I had done a few trips to Melbourne in it (thats around 1000km) but I had hardly driven it the last 3-4 years. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

Not that old then and not many miles at all. Did you own the car from new, out of interest?

Yep my parents gave it to me for my 21st Bday, that was just after I wrote off my first car a modern Mini...I sorta rolled it lol, wasn't hurt but still lol 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

That was very kind of them then. I surprised you didn't drive it much. It sounds like a good car.

I preferred my two alfas really, my old Beria was so nice and giuletta is a beauty. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As I said here on some topic last summer, I sold my van. I have had 4 chevy vans and finally I decided that it's time to get something else. I just got bored of it and constantly fixing it, as it was huge POS. 

When I was looking for a new car I had couple options on my mind. One got sold so fast I didn't even have time to actually react for that ad. Then one day my friend sent me link to a sales ad. It was an TC3 Ford Taunus! That was one of the cars that I was looking for. I called the seller and we agreed on price if the car is actually in that condition he told it would be.

In the end all played out nicely and I ended up buying and old Taunus as my new daily driver. 😂

20190806-MG-6571.jpg

It's not exactly a rocket ship with it's 1.6L OHC engine and it doesn't like corners at all by any stretch of the imagination. Still it's fun little car. Did some nice skids with it this winter. (My gf didn't approve as she thinks I act like a child when I do that)

My dad was also making fun of me when I bought that. He found it funny that i'm all about old american made GM cars, but still I hoard old euro Fords and was talking about maybe buying old vw beetle at some point.  😂

Edited by Murikka
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ColinMcRae:DiRTFanNo.1 said:

@Murikka, nice car. What van did you sell, out of interest?

DSC-0630-zpspfajq2am.jpg

This one. My friend bought it.

• Like 1