Sign in to follow this  

Introducing the F1 Beta | Codemasters Blog

Great news! I've signed up for the beta. Wondering when we should receive a notification about accepting (or rejecting.) for the test.

Turkburk1 said:
Great news! I've signed up for the beta. Wondering when we should receive a notification about accepting (or rejecting.) for the test.
It will take some time I believe as there is at least hundreds of applications to go through.

Please use Vulkan instead of horrible DX11. DX12 is a questionable choice.
But don't ever use the UXB as that one is powerful but not very realiable

Excited about this beta! I really like F1 2017 and I'm also sure you will allow to disable that halo in t-cam :)

Hopefully i will get the chance to test it again. Last time I believe codies picked up my feedback sent to them and I hope I get chance to help again.

How long before people are notified of if they will be beta testing, it was really quick last year ,

i keep will  checking my emails if code has been sent and come on here daily, 

if if I had some sought of timeline it would at least help people and me arrange our time . 
Only a thought .

Hi all!  The Beta invites have not gone out just yet. We’ve still got a lot of applications to go through and process, as well as a few other bits to sort in the background.

When we do send them out, I will let you know. Thanks for your patience!

I don't understand as you say u have a back log of people applying , so why is beta still open to apply ,surely it must make sense when you get to double the actual figure of people then it would be wise to then close beta so no one else can apply,, 

at at this rate you will have so many it will take months to go thru, 

plus on a financial side it makes sense to bring out f1 2018 as close to the start of the real f1 not bring game out with one or two races left , this is just my humble opinion , I always think on a financial side.

senna94f1 said:

plus on a financial side it makes sense to bring out f1 2018 as close to the start of the real f1 not bring game out with one or two races left , this is just my humble opinion , I always think on a financial side.
They need a few months to set the performance of the cars in game more accurately, you can't really judge at the beggining of the season.

True ,but I remember 3 years ago talk of  the f1 game lasting 2 years and being updated every month to reflect  real time,

we we never got that and I was so excited , but in the end what we did get was a  new f1 every year, nothing wrong with that,

in assetto corsa on the consoles you probably have one of the finest Ferrari f1 dlc, it reflect battery and ers modes ,all the real modes identical as in real life f1, and that's assetto corsa f1 has been out over a year plus iracing have it also,
so why can't we have in codies f1 2018 ,it's not new software and is a huge part of f1,

now I also think codies f1 games are top notch and brilliant but they do now need to up the stakes, which I am sure they will strive to do,

senna94f1 said:
True ,but I remember 3 years ago talk of  the f1 game lasting 2 years and being updated every month to reflect  real time,

we we never got that and I was so excited , but in the end what we did get was a  new f1 every year, nothing wrong with that,

in assetto corsa on the consoles you probably have one of the finest Ferrari f1 dlc, it reflect battery and ers modes ,all the real modes identical as in real life f1, and that's assetto corsa f1 has been out over a year plus iracing have it also,
so why can't we have in codies f1 2018 ,it's not new software and is a huge part of f1,

now I also think codies f1 games are top notch and brilliant but they do now need to up the stakes, which I am sure they will strive to do,
1. Would love it too but from a business stand point it's better to release a new game every year. more $
2. I'm not sure but I heard the Ferrari F1 cars in AC are underpowered, of course they have a lot of detail but the performance is not the same (not 100% sure about that tho); and those details probably could find their way into codies' games. But also you have to think that they aim to appeal to a very wide audience, many hardcore fans like you and I would love to have that stuff, but casual players (which I'm pretty sure make a big part of sales) wouldn't even be bothered to look at those features.
Hopefully we'll get that stuff in the game though lol

I cannot wait for the beta! I'm really looking forward to how the cars handle compared to last year!

Missed out on the last beta test so hoping for another chance... lets hope this version is just as good if not better than 2017 need to exercise the i7 8700 and 1080Ti a bit more :-)

madotter said:

I cannot wait for the beta! I'm really looking forward to how the cars handle compared to last year!

Oh my gosh I only just realised who this is

I subbed btw

And who is this may I ask that's got you so excited,

i cant mwait for f1 2018 beta , it's getting close , I can almost taste it ,