THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

kmw350 said:
Tarjam, hope you are not one of the beta testers if you can't even answer a civil question with a civil answer, it doesn't inspire much confidence in your ability to communicate properly.

Axel, I'm sure you'll hear soon directly from codemasters. 
Yeah I thought so to but wanted to just check in and see if anyone knew anything but I think they will give the instructions in the email with the code I guess.

kmw350 said:
Tarjam, hope you are not one of the beta testers if you can't even answer a civil question with a civil answer, it doesn't inspire much confidence in your ability to communicate properly.

Yeah I thought so to but wanted to just check in and see if anyone knew anything but I think they will give the instructions in the email with the code I guess.
I know it’s just a case of trying to be patient and waiting as Codemasters prepare to send out the beta codes to everyone whose been accepted. 
Someone asked on Twitter yesterday how long it would be before the beta officially starts and Jenny replied “Can't be too specific, but it'll be in the next week or so.”
i know it’s not formally official but should hopefully give everyone an idea of the timeframe before the beta process officially starts ?

kmw350 said:

They'll send a second email (hopefully soon since it took 5+ weeks last year and we seem a bit low on time) that contains a code and by then you'll have access to the forum for feedback and also where they assign specific tests for us, they're very clear with instructions, they just haven't been sent out yet. Tarjam doesn't know what he's on about.

UP100 said:
I'm going to be honest this beta should of been open, why you ask? because the last F1 games hasn't been up to standards and having a open beta would improve the game, COD does it, BF (Battlefield) does it, and im pretty sure some other games do it and lets be honest F1 2017 wasn't the greatest it had issues that could of been fixed if the beta was open. If you disagree thats fine this is my opinion.
And no I wasn't comparing a F1 game to FPS games I was saying those games had open betas.
Open betas from AAA publishers are there to create hype like kipkluif said. Sometimes the game has an open beta less than 24 hours of the release. It's there to just serve as a "free trial" or to hype the community. I can't really remember that many games actually doing it that I enjoy.
Actually COD betas last for 3 days maybe even longer if they decided to extend it, Battlefield betas last for a week or so and COD betas actually start 2 or 3 months before the actual release, not sure about Battlefield.

UP100 said:
Open betas from AAA publishers are there to create hype like kipkluif said. Sometimes the game has an open beta less than 24 hours of the release. It's there to just serve as a "free trial" or to hype the community. I can't really remember that many games actually doing it that I enjoy.
Actually COD betas last for 3 days maybe even longer if they decided to extend it, Battlefield betas last for a week or so and COD betas actually start 2 or 3 months before the actual release, not sure about Battlefield.
While for example For Honor had a day between the Beta and the full release. When trying to research the changes made in Battlefield 1 beta, I only found people saying "Big changes" when they were balance changes and changing conquest's tickets back to the older games.

COD also had minor updates such as adding a gamemode into a map. "Some map changes" (Thanks for the information). "we don’t have anything concrete to share yet" and "Important fix to some audio timings". Everything else was again there just to try to sell the game for you.

Those definitely don't sound like working betas...

TARJAM said:
Hi 
uhm its my first time doing the beta test and i where just wondering will the coordinator for all this invite me to the closed beta forums or how dose it work ?

And some wonder why those beta tests are "mostly" useless!!!!
Yeah because if you do something for the first time you instantly become a pro and can master all the features of that current thing. So stop indirectly call me an idiot........
I did not refer to you as an idiot. I just referred to beta testers being picked up randomly in a way that does not help bettering the game. You might help better than others - so chill and don’t take it personal

TARJAM said:
TARJAM said:
Hi 
uhm its my first time doing the beta test and i where just wondering will the coordinator for all this invite me to the closed beta forums or how dose it work ?

Yeah because if you do something for the first time you instantly become a pro and can master all the features of that current thing. So stop indirectly call me an idiot........
I did not refer to you as an idiot. I just referred to beta testers being picked up randomly in a way that does not help bettering the game. You might help better than others - so chill and don’t take it personal
But you did kinda indirectly call me useless because you quoted my comment and so on I’m not taking it personal or anything cuz internet is a shithole and you should never take anything to serious. And i do not think they are choosen randomly, because than the “tell us why u should be a good beta tester” segment of the signup be pointless. And as in me being “useless”, Ive been a bet tester for a lot of other things so I do know what to look for. So in other terms don’t play it as you use to drive outside of the track to unusuall things there is where the bugs will be. So you can be chill I won’t be useless.

TARJAM said:
TARJAM said:
Hi 

But you did kinda indirectly call me useless because you quoted my comment and so on I’m not taking it personal or anything cuz internet is a shithole and you should never take anything to serious. And i do not think they are choosen randomly, because than the “tell us why u should be a good beta tester” segment of the signup be pointless. And as in me being “useless”, Ive been a bet tester for a lot of other things so I do know what to look for. So in other terms don’t play it as you use to drive outside of the track to unusuall things there is where the bugs will be. So you can be chill I won’t be useless.
Can we please stop this nonesense, i know its not nice if you didnt get the beta, but we have to be realistic, not everyone can be chosen, so please stop it right here otherwise its going out of hand, easy said for someone who has a code, but still i was in the same situation in 2016. So man up and go on with life

TARJAM said:
TARJAM said:
Hi 

Can we please stop this nonesense, i know its not nice if you didnt get the beta, but we have to be realistic, not everyone can be chosen, so please stop it right here otherwise its going out of hand, easy said for someone who has a code, but still i was in the same situation in 2016. So man up and go on with life
...he is a beta tester to my understanding?

UP100 said:
TARJAM said:
TARJAM said:
Hi 

...he is a beta tester to my understanding?
Yes, i already mentioned that its easy to say with a code but still.

Yes, it's easy to say when you have a code, but it amazes me to see so many "unlucky" ones here spilling their guts, names I haven't seen before and the regulars. Especially the regulars should know that they can't please us all. So accept that fact and stop arguing about something you can't change and try to contribute in a usefull way instead of stating all kind of bullshit based on assumptions.  

Yes, it's easy to say when you have a code, but it amazes me to see so many "unlucky" ones here spilling their guts, names I haven't seen before and the regulars. Especially the regulars should know that they can't please us all. So accept that fact and stop arguing about something you can't change and try to contribute in a usefull way instead of stating all kind of **** based on assumptions.  

something with a nail and a head! Great post mate, totaly agree

4 to 6 weeks usually. Depends a bit on (usefull) feedback and issues that are found and need re-testing.

Hi 

Don't worry Axel, this is my first beta test too, we will find out in due course, just have to be patient until then. Also, don't worry about the haters, unfortunately there will always be one there to put others down

mceci1 said:
Hi 

Don't worry Axel, this is my first beta test too, we will find out in due course, just have to be patient until then. Also, don't worry about the haters, unfortunately there will always be one there to put others down
it's gonna be my second beta, and all will become crystal clear guys. CM is actualy realy good in providing info once your in. Just sit tight and wait and its coming all together

I have a feeling that today were going to get the closed beta forums and maybe codes because she said it will be ready soon which means it is probably not next week which isnt that soon

I have a feeling that today were going to get the closed beta forums and maybe codes because she said it will be ready soon which means it is probably not next week which isnt that soon

lol, think you don't know the Codemasters Soon yet. Could mean weeks my friend, you never know.
I'ts coming when it's coming, just keep spamming the F5 button in your mailbox!

Looks like I wasn't chosen this year, and you know what? This. Is. OUTRAGEOUS.
How dare you Codemasters! I applied the very same day you opened up the registrations. Do you have any idea how long it for me to fill out the beta application? FIVE ENTIRE MINUTES! UNBELIEVABLE!

Hang on.

Oh, I got accepted after all.

Never mind, love ya Codemasters, will definitely pre-order, kisses and goodbye!

How long will Beta be available?
I heard 5 days only, is that true????
Because if they're releasing codes next week, i'm done... #TripWithTheClassToIreland

N working SC is incoming 
no working online Mode is incoming
no working cuttingrules is incoming. 

Congrats ts to all betas. Youve done a good Job *thumbs up* 

70% of the Testers only want the Beta for Personal advantage

I'm not in, i'm sad about that, but i hope that who's in will do a perfect job for solve the main bugs. Good job!

ritti1987 said:
N working SC is incoming 

Salty.

ritti1987 said:
N working SC is incoming 

We can only really test what’s available in the beta, I’m assuming it won’t be a full version of the game with all features in there from the get go?
And besides, we can only bring problems to Codemasters attention and document them as best we can.  We aren’t the ones coding the game. 

Saying that I do agree with you that there probably will be a fair few people that only signed up for the beta to simply get early access to the game and will treat it like a free demo. Hopefully though the number of those that genuinely have good intentions to test for bugs and help improve the game far outweighs those that don’t.