Sign in to follow this  

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

mceci1 said:
Hi 
uhm its my first time doing the beta test and i where just wondering will the coordinator for all this invite me to the closed beta forums or how dose it work ?

Don't worry Axel, this is my first beta test too, we will find out in due course, just have to be patient until then. Also, don't worry about the haters, unfortunately there will always be one there to put others down
totally agree with you, if you are chosen @axelarvidzon39 that means you are doing something right (its not random as many are saying)  ..so we will keep our heads down and recompense codies their faith in us by helping them and giving them the best feedback we can...i'am very much grateful to be chosen by codies..will give them my best...looking forward to it.

TARJAM said:
I don't expect much out of the beta test. You know why? many ones chosen are random drivers who only care about one thing - having a head start on the game and its exploits. Beta should be managed differently. League owners should be included regardless, especially top leagues like AOR

They would really test the game, not identify exploits for use after launch.

Mark my words above. It is like every year. 2017 beta did not improve the game or remove glitches/exploits/bugs - 7 patches in 4 weeks if you remember. Where was all those beta testers to identify such huge amount of issues. Also, why would someone wanting to have an advantage exploit report that especially if it would give him an advantage

One example: Look at leagues around. Most drivers in Sauber car find it easy to drive and score high points and wins!! This has been since F1 2014 and no one reported that. Gearbox ratios in a Sauber are similar to a Mercedes. Check it out yourself and you will see that such a glitch/exploit for equal cars online make cars unequal in terms of performance

Happy beta testing!!!

I'm guessing you are a league owner, applied for beta and was not successful?  Just a hunch...

You do need to remember that the majority players are not league racers, so the range of testers needs to be broad, there are of course league racers in that and some league owners but I don't believe they should any automatic right to test over someone who does not league race, that would be quite unfair...  The selection process is up to Codemasters, I'm sure they have a system to select beta testers.

To say the previous beta did not lead to removing some glitches and bugs pre-launch of 2017 is simply incorrect, the beta testers gave Codemasters an enormous amount of information and feedback, probably so much they didn't have time to implement them all pre-launch, hence the later patches.

You will always get some people apply who just want to grind the game and get ahead pre-launch, you are also likely to get some idiot who breaks the privacy agreement and posts screenshots etc, but there are 300 testers for each platform and the majority of them have signed up to assist Codemasters in making a great game...  

I've read so many posts where people believe the beta testing is for finding bugs, it is not and never has been.  Codemasters ask the testers to look at certain aspects of the game such as handling and feedback directly on that. Yes, the testers report bugs as and when they find them but you have to consider the game is in beta stage so there will be many to find.  It is not the beta testers fault if the game gets released with bugs, that's solely down to Codemasters to resolve and take responsibility for.

You also have to remember it wasn't so long ago when we had no access to the game pre-release so to give a company a hard time for beta testing with the community is a little harsh in my opinion.

Hi 
uhm its my first time doing the beta test and i where just wondering will the coordinator for all this invite me to the closed beta forums or how dose it work ?

You'll see the beta forums come up in the 'categories' column when they are set up, I suspect they wont go live until the beta codes are issued.  It will automatically come up so there is nothing you need to do...

How long will Beta be available?
I heard 5 days only, is that true????
Because if they're releasing codes next week, i'm done... #TripWithTheClassToIreland
I doubt it will be 5 days only. It will have to be longer than that for us to test the game. Last year it was up for 2-3 weeks at a time, in several phases. Idk if it'll be the same this year.

haydn23 said:
How long will Beta be available?
I heard 5 days only, is that true????
Because if they're releasing codes next week, i'm done... #TripWithTheClassToIreland
I doubt it will be 5 days only. It will have to be longer than that for us to test the game. Last year it was up for 2-3 weeks at a time, in several phases. Idk if it'll be the same this year.
OMG HOPEFULLY1!!!!!!!!!!!1

Congrats to those who made it.

I already pre-ordered the game, so beta or not I'm still playing :smile:

Ryne said:
I didn't think anyone would pre-order a game this early :)

Ryne said:
Congrats to those who made it.

But by buying it so early, you will be playing the beta version, no? .... Haha ??

The beta is not for playing, it’s testing and highlighting potential bugs. Or give your opinion what you think could/must improve.

Don’t see it as a demo, cause it really isn’t.

it’s not for fun, but about helping codies to make the greatest f1 game of all time;)

And for who signed up to get an “advantage” when the game release, they willn’t guys so dont be afraid?

path1337 said:
CODES SHOULD BE OUT NEXT WEEK! https://twitter.com/jennyanne_m/status/1001917444468944896
Seems to be my R.I.P. tomb
And the signature of it is the twitter link.

Spent the first weeks last year reporting bugs and testing things. I hoped to be part of the beta to help, but didn't happen. I wrote that i'm a sim guy who plays 100% distances, no assists, offline sim (fanatec user). I feel it like the answer: no, we don't want those players.

I wrote it last year: been part of many betas and this one is badly organized. Primary testers are youtubers who in the beta/alpha process make videos to say if the like the new handling model (not if it's more realistic) and they drive better or worse. The problem is half of the people involved in this part of the process are only interested in having an advantage or a game that fits their style better and makes them more competitive...

I'm sure e-sports finalists are in but i doubt they will provide a feedback just for the progress of the game...

sirio994 said:
Spent the first weeks last year reporting bugs and testing things. I hoped to be part of the beta to help, but didn't happen. I wrote that i'm a sim guy who plays 100% distances, no assists, offline sim (fanatec user). I feel it like the answer: no, we don't want those players.

I wrote it last year: been part of many betas and this one is badly organized. Primary testers are youtubers who in the beta/alpha process make videos to say if the like the new handling model (not if it's more realistic) and they drive better or worse. The problem is half of the people involved in this part of the process are only interested in having an advantage or a game that fits their style better and makes them more competitive...

I'm sure e-sports finalists are in but i doubt they will provide a feedback just for the progress of the game...
Damn, you caught me!

You're absolutely right. I'm in it so I can kick ass and take names as soon as the full game releases. Furthermore, I'll produce content for my non-existing YouTube channel, talking about the handling model and all other aspects of the beta.

So be on the lockout. Soon, the ImDyingYouIdiot Show, exclusively on YouTube. I'll be ranting on about pre-orders, bad writing in movies and video games, junk food, and just why the Scuderia Ferrari the best sports team of all time is. Tune in! Oh, and don't forget to smash that like button like it owes you money!

I do not see why those who received the beta have to make fun of those who did not receive it.

Please Push disagree or agree button and stop.

I was not reffering to the beta but to the rest of the process. Most influential testers (those invited by Codemasters) have some sort of interest in the game (and it's not good for the average customers
). It's sad but feedback is not the same for all. Beta testers are a good thing but what about those invited by Codemasters? Sometimes i wonder why Assetto Corsa is less covered on Youtube than it should and why many youtubers stop playing it after the first crash. It's a great game but the reality is that it doesn't sell online and they are not able to smash the competition online as they want. Beta testers are the good part but those who have actual influence with their reviews and feedback...have interests too.

Maybe i'm an ******* but if i were Brandon Leigh i would root for less changes as possible...

sirio994 said:

Damn, you caught me!

You're absolutely right. I'm in it so I can kick ass and take names as soon as the full game releases. Furthermore, I'll produce content for my non-existing YouTube channel, talking about the handling model and all other aspects of the beta.

So be on the lockout. Soon, the ImDyingYouIdiot Show, exclusively on YouTube. I'll be ranting on about pre-orders, bad writing in movies and video games, junk food, and just why the Scuderia Ferrari the best sports team of all time is. Tune in! Oh, and don't forget to smash that like button like it owes you money!
You as well? I mean I am only in so I can get one over my league even though I am not in a league and mostly play career mode.

If you got two applications from one IP (not same user tho), did you ignore the other one? @Faya

sirio994 said:
I was not reffering to the beta but to the rest of the process. Most influential testers (those invited by Codemasters) have some sort of interest in the game (and it's not good for the average customers
). It's sad but feedback is not the same for all. Beta testers are a good thing but what about those invited by Codemasters? Sometimes i wonder why Assetto Corsa is less covered on Youtube than it should and why many youtubers stop playing it after the first crash. It's a great game but the reality is that it doesn't sell online and they are not able to smash the competition online as they want. Beta testers are the good part but those who have actual influence with their reviews and feedback...have interests too.

Maybe i'm an ******* but if i were Brandon Leigh i would root for less changes as possible...
So what's the problem exactly...? Are you saying because they are "only" YouTubers, they should never be able to participate in closed alpha? Nothing is final at that stage anyways and the beta testers are still the ones who make the handling and so on.

Reyfoxf1 said:

I do not see why those who received the beta have to make fun of those who did not receive it.

Please Push disagree or agree button and stop.

No one is doing that though, and if they are, then the admin are doing a hell of a job deleting their posts as soon as its put up, as I haven't seen anyone make fun of anyone else, only people making fun of how codemasters chose their beta's. Anyway, I'll leave it at that as I don't know, there may have been comments but they aren't there now

UP100 said:
sirio994 said:

So what's the problem exactly...? Are you saying because they are "only" YouTubers, they should never be able to participate in closed alpha? Nothing is final at that stage anyways and the beta testers are still the ones who make the handling and so on.

Exactly, they are customers like us and testers like us. Their feedback should count the same, but it's no longer the case in gaming industry. Youtube and Esports give much to videogames but they take much too (history is full of cases where the devs changed direction and gameplay because of 2-3 complaining youtube videos.

Got a Beta key, but don´t have time to play.
So if someone want the key, write me an email.
First come, First serve.

This thread should be honestly blocked for all users here. The only thing I can read is how people, who didn't got accepted, blame Codemasters for don't let them take part in the beta (not everybody, but many here). I don't know how many signed up for the F1 2018 Beta, but surely not just 1000 people. Surely much much more, but talking yourself up like a "god" is hilarious. On one hand I can understand your emotions fully, but on the other hand you're just a little bit rude. It surely hurts a little bit, if you can't take part, many can't take part, but do not let your fury out to others. That's not fair.

I mean honestly, to offend each other leads to absolutly nothing.