Sign in to follow this  

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

Pavilon said:
Got a Beta key, but don´t have time to play.
So if someone want the key, write me an email.
First come, First serve.
Don't take this the wrong way, but why apply for the beta then? The codes are yet to be sent out too.

Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.
Umm... @Faya

E: If someone here doesn't understand my reply, then this is taken straight from the agreement you should've read when applying for the beta.
"Recipient shall not:

(d) disclose or share any Beta Game access codes to any third party"

Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.
This is proof to what I commented earlier. Surely not all beta testers are the same, but many are non-deserving!!!

Maybe he Just doesnt have the time to play games atm...
some people have exams, Or have to work...

jeez, be a bit more friendly please...

Seriously said:
This thread should be honestly blocked for all users here. The only thing I can read is how people, who didn't got accepted, blame Codemasters for don't let them take part in the beta (not everybody, but many here). I don't know how many signed up for the F1 2018 Beta, but surely not just 1000 people. Surely much much more, but talking yourself up like a "god" is hilarious. On one hand I can understand your emotions fully, but on the other hand you're just a little bit rude. It surely hurts a little bit, if you can't take part, many can't take part, but do not let your fury out to others. That's not fair.

I mean honestly, to offend each other leads to absolutly nothing.

Eh it's common, it's like when people get rejected for jobs and they go on a massive rant about how they were perfect for the job and the company are idiots.

TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.
This is proof to what I commented earlier. Surely not all beta testers are the same, but many are non-deserving!!!
I wouldn't consider that "non-deserving" at all. Nobody actually knew when the beta would be available, and so it just came up at a bad time for some, he's done nothing to not deserve to be able to help test, just is unable to.

Best thing for anyone else in that boat to do is to contact codies asap!

To clarify, as someone who personally don’t believe has received a code, Codemasters don’t give a single toss about your leagues, your skill or your Youtube channel or whatever. They want a wide, varied range of players to ensure their game can appeal to the greatest audience possible. So to those ranting constantly saying a Codemasters must make a simulator for us hardcore fans, forget it as it will never happen. Other small studios may do so however there is an onus on Codies to perform under one of the most exclusive licenses in the world. They pay enough for it so they must sell enough copies to make it financially viable and worthwhile to produce.
So please stop whinging about you not getting a code, grow up.
As a past member of the beta I can tell you it is nothing special as the game is the same every year anyway just with one brand new gimmick that is cool but gets old after a few days. Anyways bye!

TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.
According to who... you?

Dude can't test, he can't test.
It's not the end of the world, so stop throwing a tantrum and accept what's happened. 

TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

Non deserving, that's harsh. Maybe he had real life things that got in the way, we signed up for the beta about two months ago, thinks can change in two days let alone two months, that doesn't make someone undeserving

mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

Non deserving, that's harsh. Maybe he had real life things that got in the way, we signed up for the beta about two months ago, thinks can change in two days let alone two months, that doesn't make someone undeserving
It might not make him undeserving, but it can probably make him get banned from all betas for breaching the agreement.

UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

It might not make him undeserving, but it can probably make him get banned from all betas for breaching the agreement.

That's true, I think it's a bit harsh though, surely they could make an exception if he has a very good reason. I get why its a rule though

mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

That's true, I think it's a bit harsh though, surely they could make an exception if he has a very good reason. I get why its a rule though
I don't think you understand... I don't see how there would be a good reason to go and give the code away to someone who has not agreed to the agreement. It's just a breach of the agreement as the agreement clearly states that it can't be transferred in any way to any third party.

UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

I don't think you understand... I don't see how there would be a good reason to go and give the code away to someone who has not agreed to the agreement. It's just a breach of the agreement as the agreement clearly states that it can't be transferred in any way to any third party.

I get that part, but I don't see why he should be crucified for not being able to participate, that's what I meant, if things come up in life that are more important then that's how it is

mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

I get that part, but I don't see why he should be crucified for not being able to participate, that's what I meant, if things come up in life that are more important then that's how it is
Who is crucifying him for not being able to participate?

mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

I think he said he doesnt have time because he thought the beta will only last a of couple weeks while it actually went on till one week before the release last year. So @Pavilon so think about it for a second time

UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

A comment made about being undeserving, yes it sucks that someone else missed out, but we don't know the situation, maybe he was lazy, maybe he has had an emergency come up and doesn't want to affect testing. He went about things in the wrong way, but still isn't up to anyone to have a go at him like one did. I always wait for the details before making judgement

I guess the best way would be to let Codemasters know if you couldn’t use your beta code and allow them to pass on the place to someone else that didn’t get an invitation?
that said I’m still waiting for an access code so don’t think Codemasters have sent them out yet since the initial invites

mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

A comment made about being undeserving, yes it sucks that someone else missed out, but we don't know the situation, maybe he was lazy, maybe he has had an emergency come up and doesn't want to affect testing. He went about things in the wrong way, but still isn't up to anyone to have a go at him like one did. I always wait for the details before making judgement
I believe he said undeserving, because the user is doing something which is completely against the agreement. If you can't participate, contact Codies, don't go and break the agreement! What we know is that he did not read the agreement and is now doing something which Codies will probably not accept.

UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

i totally agree with you
someone who does not agree with  beta agreement is a high risk to be beta leak
everyone who gets beta code must test themselves unless you get permission from codemasters, but I do not think that will happen

I would be cool if they made a class for F2 cars too
Other games like fifa and nhl have that option.

It would be a whole new experience in the formula1 game

@UP100 did you get in the beta this year or not????????????
I don't know why you need this information, but yes.

UP100 said:
@UP100 did you get in the beta this year or not????????????
I don't know why you need this information, but yes.
Well, you kinda started this thread and it became a official announcement of the forum and it would have been a stab in the back if codies didnt bother to give you a code, thats why.

UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
UP100 said:
mceci1 said:
TARJAM said:
Pavilon said:
First come, First serve.

I believe he said undeserving, because the user is doing something which is completely against the agreement. If you can't participate, contact Codies, don't go and break the agreement! What we know is that he did not read the agreement and is now doing something which Codies will probably not accept.

Well, either way, we'll leave it here, it's up to codemasters to decide what will happen, not us to sit here and talk about

Yo guys, chill for a moment. Stop being so salty.
I mean, I didn't get it this year, but nevertheless I'm not whining or anything - if anything this means I'll be able to pay more attention to real life stuff this summer.
And tbf, we get this discussion every year now... So I'm not surprised.

(Nevertheless if anyone wants to keep updating me through messages on what's happening with the Beta so I could update news in Steam group (like planned testing, planned sessions and so on), that'd be great.)