Sign in to follow this  

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

mantazzo said:
Yo guys, chill for a moment. Stop being so salty.
I mean, I didn't get it this year, but nevertheless I'm not whining or anything - if anything this means I'll be able to pay more attention to real life stuff this summer.
And tbf, we get this discussion every year now... So I'm not surprised.

(Nevertheless if anyone wants to keep updating me through messages on what's happening with the Beta so I could update news in Steam group (like planned testing, planned sessions and so on), that'd be great.)
Real life? What is this? Do you mean going outside? I might melt. 

haitch40 said:
Seriously said:
This thread should be honestly blocked for all users here. The only thing I can read is how people, who didn didn'tj't got accepted, blame Codemasters for don't let them take part in the beta (not everybody, but many here). I don't know how many signed up for the F1 2018 Beta, but surely not just 1000 people. Surely much much more, but talking yourself up like a "god" is hilarious. On one hand I can understand your emotions fully, but on the other hand you're just a little bit rude. It surely hurts a little bit, if you can't take part, many can't take part, but do not let your fury out to others. That's not fair.

I mean honestly, to offend each other leads to absolutly nothing.

Eh it's common, it's like when people get rejected for jobs and they go on a massive rant about how they were perfect for the job and the company are idiots.
With the only difference that here there is no resume. And there is no personal history for future applications (like he didn't play, he didn't give enough feeback, his feeback was useless and so on...)

Hi all,

To clarify: Beta codes are NOT transferable. So please do not offer your codes and do not request them from others. Don't forget, you agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Beta when you applied. Part of that was that codes are non-transferable. For those of you in the Beta, you will be able to re-read the Ts and Cs in the Beta forums.

If you are no longer able to or no longer want to take part in the Beta, let me know. Thanks.

Faya said:

Hi all,

To clarify: Beta codes are NOT transferable. So please do not offer your codes and do not request them from others. Don't forget, you agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Beta when you applied. Part of that was that codes are non-transferable. For those of you in the Beta, you will be able to re-read the Ts and Cs in the Beta forums.

If you are no longer able to or no longer want to take part in the Beta, let me know. Thanks.

When will we be able to have acces to the bets forums?

Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

Very soon! Just doing a couple of final bits before we can open the gates.

EDIT: Because I'm reading a billion things and confused myself.

The beta FORUMS will be opening soon.

The beta itself - I will have more info on that soon, which we will talk about in the Beta forums. 

Sorry for any confusion! 

[Edit: Cos' I'm a silly]

Faya said:
Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

Ohh some good news. I´m so curious! :)

Faya said:
Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

The beta itself - I will have more info on that soon, which we will talk about in the forums. 

Sorry for any confusion! 

I really hope its this week, it would so nice

Updated my last post! Cos' I read "forums" when there wasn't the word forums. Sorry all! 

Faya said:
Updated my last post! Cos' I read "forums" when there wasn't the word forums. Sorry all! 
You're a silly :P 

How soon is the forums? Its just soon is a well known thing in the gaming industry and can mean months.

@Faya I know you guys are loath to give an exact date in case you miss it and people completely lose their minds, but equally, "SOON" has become one of the worst cop out words in the industry*** Many of the beta testers likely have jobs and family which they would like to fit their testing around. 

Those who are due some leave would likely appreciate something along the lines of 'week beginning' xth of Y.  ;)

***SMSoon became  its own thing when waiting for the pCars patches in 16. Heck, "Patch Live In Canada" became the "anti-soon". Somebody will understand this :)

Faya said:
Hi @THEHAMZAGAMER12,

The beta itself - I will have more info on that soon, which we will talk about in the Beta forums. 

Sorry for any confusion! 

I suppose this year we're gonna be testing more for actual glitches and stuff rather than handling? I suppose that's why it's coming so late. Which is great! cause it shows learning has been done and they are now understanding the importance of a fully functional game with no major glitches/issues.

codemasters almost always made big announcements on Friday. Thursday will be the last stage of the esports. It seems obvious enough that the codes will arrive on Friday, as the opening of the beta testers forum.

@Faya Will the beta forum be made before the Canadian GP?
You know these questions become more annoying each day considering I have had around 419 notifications from this thread :/ Yes I could turn them off, but it makes it easier to check what has happened since I checked this last time.

Eventually it will happen. They will announce it when it happens.

Like speculation as to whether you'd be enrolled in the beta.
I guess there's a few less checking the notifications and posting, just less more fervent ones.

UP100 said:
You know these questions become more annoying each day considering I have had around 419 notifications from this thread :/ Yes I could turn them off, but it makes it easier to check what has happened since I checked this last time.

I'm just excited to start testing the game

UP100 said:

It's sometimes easier:
Just take a mark, lick the stamp... AND SEND IT!