Sign in to follow this  

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

david75sk said:
I signed for the beta... but I doubt my chances as I am not active member here...
I don't think they check the forum activity. It seems to be mostly about your writing skills. Only speculation though.

cearp8858 said:
will codemasters use hours logged in game as part of the selection process?
i personally have logged 325 hours in F1 2016 & 303 hours F1 2017 and counting 

i hope i get picked
Honestly, this is what they should do. I don't know how many hours I have in this game because I can't see on PS4 but I should be over 500h and counting

Hello, I hope to be of great help in onlinne failures, to get an increasingly fluid experience in championships onlinne or racing ... greetings to all

MrCosta96 said:
Honestly, this is what they should do. I don't know how many hours I have in this game because I can't see on PS4 but I should be over 500h and counting
That would be pain in the ass to do as you would have to go through hundreds of accounts to just check how many hours they have in the game, and what do they do if the account is hidden? I don't think developers get any kind of special powers to see through privacy options.

Having a popular YouTube and/or Twitch channel probably wouldn't hurt your chances of being picked. B)

UP100 said:
Current Question: How long was your "Why do you want to be a part of the beta" text?
More questions can be asked in the comments, maybe I "highlight" one of them.
Nine, maybe ten words long, I think?

At this point I'm trying to see with what I get away with. Next year it's going to be just one word. 

Codemaster we need a VR support for F1 2018!!!
PLEASE!!!

DIRT Rally with a HTC Vive Pro is increadible... F1 2018 with a HTC Vive Pro / Pimax 4k is a dream :-)

We believe in you !!!

UP100 said:
Current Question: How long was your "Why do you want to be a part of the beta" text?
More questions can be asked in the comments, maybe I "highlight" one of them.
Nine, maybe ten words long, I think?

At this point I'm trying to see with what I get away with. Next year it's going to be just one word. 
I went for something a little more expansive, whilst still letting them know most things to date simply haven't been good enough.

I told them that I would like to focus my testing on the online features and based on my playtime with the last games, this part really need most development + testing. After all the bug reporting I did on this forum I hope that I can now help with Beta testing too. 

When can we be expected to be emailed whether we got a place or not on the Beta?
I don't think they have had a date published in any of the betas. I'm quite sure they will close the applications before announcing the testers though, so not yet I guess.

The beta will be for famous youtubers or you will pick up with other interesant people? Not only for marketing but also for a better quality of tus saga without SC bugs or so. 

I came back at the right time then, good to hear about the beta announcement codies. I just remembered I have a friend who might want to play the beta to, what would I have to do to change the option from offline to both?

Dboyking1 said:
I came back at the right time then, good to hear about the beta announcement codies. I just remembered I have a friend who might want to play the beta to, what would I have to do to change the option from offline to both?
I believe they can't change it themselves as it's a survey platform. You can try contacting their support about it, as sometimes Codies don't have time to check all the comments.

UP100 said:
Dboyking1 said:
I believe they can't change it themselves as it's a survey platform. You can try contacting their support about it, as sometimes Codies don't have time to check all the comments.
Ok, thanks for the reply

Every year's me and my friends wait for multi-player crossplay. Microsoft start this feature whit many games (forza motorsports 7 or horizon 3) but no f1 game  :'( . I played f1 2010 to 2016 on pc but after release Xbox one  X I played on Xbox. But I can't play with my friends together  :s  ... I hope that's a feature for the future  

Simsel said:
Codemaster we need a VR support for F1 2018!!!
PLEASE!!!

DIRT Rally with a HTC Vive Pro is increadible... F1 2018 with a HTC Vive Pro / Pimax 4k is a dream :-)

We believe in you !!!

The same goes for PSVR.

FRACTURED said:
In 16 I told them i wanted to Beta test because (paraphrasing...) I thought they couldn't be trusted with their own game, they were pretty ('s' word for excrement) at what they do, I work with testers and software devs every day, and thought I could help them out as I couldn't be worse than whoever was testing back then.

Seemed to do the trick back then...

Was it worth it though? Still interested in the beta? I signed up for it for 16 as it was somethng new but haven't since as I don't have any interest. Plenty people here do anyway. My memory from peoples comments was that the gameplay was not what a lot of people wanted in the final game, for both of the past years. Feels like a lot of the beta is just lipservice because they don't pay a massive amount of attention to their forum where many hardcore fans are, so.....

I signed up for XB1, hopefully i will get picked, want to test the fudge out of career mode.

Think its clear CM need all the help they can get and if i can make a small difference then i dont mind spending hours testing.

I signed up for XB1, hopefully i will get picked, want to test the fudge out of career mode.
Knowing the previous 2 betas, you'll get a maximum of a quick race (if for Offline). Chance of having Career Mode is at ~1%.

Maybe they have learnt from last year and give us the full game to test. I believe that is the only way to cover all aspects and don't get dissapointed again. The fractions we tested last year were very promesing but the end result didn't came near the beta experience. But if they don't, a least let us test new features of the game to make sure these work as expected.